Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

gahh yeah that's why I'm so nervous of fully giving in to being at a bus only resort (like CSR). But I feel like either way I have to accept that things aren't going to be easy all of the time.

Now to really think about CSR and if we want to give up skyliner options for a more deluxe style resort/room in the tower.
When are you going? My thoughts are that the skyliner really isn't as much of a benefit, especially considering the headache during the stormy season...also just fyi...while we love the ease and would probably choose skyliner over buses any day with a stroller; if no stroller to deal with keep in mind that at closing; the lines are long. It most likely would've been faster to take a bus both tonight from epcit and last night from dhs. The wait wasn't terrible, but still 30 mins last night and 40 tonight.

Just wanted to mention the long lines for Skyliner are a product of Covid World and will go away for the most part when Covid World goes away.

20-30 minutes is standard bus procedure most of the time.

The issue when the Skyliner goes down is there regardless of COVID - they don't just have busses and drivers sitting around in case it goes down, so they have to redeploy busses and drivers on the fly.
I’m just wondering how long the skyliner is usually shut down. I know it all depends on the weather and how long it lasts. Is it similar to the pools when lightening is not near they open?

We have a May trip planned at CBR. This is our first stay at CBR since the Skyliner was completed. If we request a room on the Aruba side and board at the Riviera station, do we have to deboard at the main station and get back in line to get to DHS, or does the gondola pass through the station on the way to DHS?

We are trying to decide the best area to request a room in!

We were at CBR in September 2020 after being bumped from PO/FQ. We were in building 53 and were informed that the refillable drink stations were closed across the resort other than in Port Royale. (Covid). However, we had no clue that Island Markets even existed. We are returning on March 13 and are requesting buildings 55-56. (skyline access and bus depot)
My question: 1. Are the Island Markets open during Covid? 2. Are the refill stations separate from these markets? 3. IF SEPARATE and since the refill stations are closed, can you get a refill inside the Island Markets (never been in one).
Otherwise, it will again be worthless to purchase refillable mugs if you have to make the trek from building 56 to Port Royale!!!

Leaving in two days!! ANYBODY?????? Are the Island Markets OPEN? Do they do refills???

I’m just wondering how long the skyliner is usually shut down. I know it all depends on the weather and how long it lasts. Is it similar to the pools when lightening is not near they open?

Probably a little longer than pools because of being suspended in the air.

But it's not just weather that can shut it down. It can be mechanical and that is unpredictable.

Leaving in two days!! ANYBODY?????? Are the Island Markets OPEN? Do they do refills???
I believe the Island Markets were only a thing while they were doing construction a few years ago. When we were there in December, the only place to get refills was in the Centertown Market, where the Quick Service restaurant is. Our room was pretty close to the Riviera, so we hopped over there to get refills as well.

Yes, you'd have to get off at the main station. We're here now snd use the Riviera stop for epcot but walk to the main station for dhs.

Definitely.
We were just there. Great resort Had room 4310 Quiet pool right around the corner. Just as we wer leaving our last dat we finally found the hot tub. Its behind the kids slide! Cant wait to be back middle of April

I believe the Island Markets were only a thing while they were doing construction a few years ago. When we were there in December, the only place to get refills was in the Centertown Market, where the Quick Service restaurant is. Our room was pretty close to the Riviera, so we hopped over there to get refills as well.
Yes,the Island Markets and the legendary :) Centertown Buffet are now a part of CBR history.

39912645622_7362b2a600_h.jpg

Attachments

• 1615553406841.gif
    1615553406841.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 60
Last edited:
When are you going? My thoughts are that the skyliner really isn't as much of a benefit, especially considering the headache during the stormy season...also just fyi...while we love the ease and would probably choose skyliner over buses any day with a stroller; if no stroller to deal with keep in mind that at closing; the lines are long. It most likely would've been faster to take a bus both tonight from epcit and last night from dhs. The wait wasn't terrible, but still 30 mins last night and 40 tonight.
Our trip is the last week of April, so hoping for lower crowds than we’re seeing right now. And no stroller yet for us!

Standard 5th sleepers are only in Aruba and Jamaica. Water/Pool View 5th sleepers can be in Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique or Barbados. We really like Jamaica and Aruba.
We've got a Water View 5th sleeper and I'm really leaning towards requesting Martinique as a first choice and Aruba as a second. I have a feeling, in July, we're going it the main pool ALOT (with two 11 year old girls) so liking the proximity to Old Port Royale but I also like the proximity to the Riviera. The walk to the CAribbean Beak skyliner station is not ideal but if things go right, we may only hit hollywood studios one day during our trip so we may end up using the riviera station more anyway.

Just wanted to mention the long lines for Skyliner are a product of Covid World and will go away for the most part when Covid World goes away.
It's also only an issue at certain points of the day. For people who want to hop mid day, are willing to at least send one person to drink coffee and get in line early, etc it isn't as big of a deal. But yeah, if you're trying to get on at 8am to go to Hollywood Studios and leave the park at 8pm when the park closes, the lines will be much longer.

We've got a Water View 5th sleeper and I'm really leaning towards requesting Martinique as a first choice and Aruba as a second. I have a feeling, in July, we're going it the main pool ALOT (with two 11 year old girls) so liking the proximity to Old Port Royale but I also like the proximity to the Riviera. The walk to the CAribbean Beak skyliner station is not ideal but if things go right, we may only hit hollywood studios one day during our trip so we may end up using the riviera station more anyway.

we book a preferred room and request Martinique because of its proximity to everything and being the first bus stop. Also, close to the Riviera.

Since I have never stayed here and have my 1st reservation here can you tell me which areas have the preferred rooms

Has anyone used Walmart delivery for groceries? Will bell services hold it for pick-up? We’ve used Prime Now successfully for groceries in the past, but I’d like to use Walmart this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter