Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Observations from our stay at CBR last week!
Room 4117 (Jamaica):
  • We requested a ground floor room in Jamaica, close to the skyliner.
  • This was as close to the skyliner as you can get but a long(ish) walk to main hub (about 10 minutes to lobby, walking liesurely). We also walked all the way to Riviera one morning, which took only 10 minutes, pushing a heavy stroller.
  • I loved it for the skyliner proximity and having the Joffrey’s right next door for morning coffee!
General resort observations:
  • Masks not required inside pool gates (only lifeguards wearing masks.)
  • This resort is very busy. I assume partly due to limited options in the moderate category.
  • Sebastian’s should be open with the resort this booked.
  • CBR theming is great. Very VACATION feeling!! Beautiful first impression at night.
  • Exterior, new lobby and other public areas are in great shape. Rooms just need upgrade.
Rooms:
  • Rooms are more spacious than I expected. The only deluxe resort we have stayed at is AKL, and size seemed comparable, though bathroom was smaller and storage was in short supply.
  • Room furniture dated. Green bench fabric/vinyl threadbare.
  • Terrible dirty diaper smell in fridge. SO gross. 🤢🤮
  • Plastic-wrapped remote sealed with a sticker marked “clean” but there were smears and chunks of what looked like chocolate inside! Obviously NOT clean at all. Yikes. 😲
Transportation:
  • We only caught early morning buses, but we were always picked up first at Jamaica with only one other stop (Aruba). Buses then went straight to the park, even if the bus was only half full.
  • All evening buses dropped at Jamaica first.
  • One afternoon bus we took started with Martinique and went to all stops.
  • Skyliner, as someone else stated, is GAME CHANGER. From CBR hub, it’s 5 minutes to DHS and 12 minutes to Epcot. WOW. I'm happy but also shocked that this is available to moderate/value resorts and not a deluxe resort exclusive. Also, it’s always moving, so you don’t have to run to catch it or wonder if you just missed it. We would stay at CBR again despite the room conditions, for skyliner alone. Can’t beat this transportation access for the price!

Last edited:
Observations from our stay at CBR last week!
Room 4117 (Jamaica):
  • We requested a ground floor room in Jamaica, close to the skyliner.
  • This was as close to the skyliner as you can get but a long(ish) walk to main hub (about 10 minutes to lobby, walking liesurely). We also walked all the way to Riviera one morning, which took only 10 minutes, pushing a heavy stroller.
  • I loved it for the skyliner proximity and having the Joffrey’s right next door for morning coffee!
General resort observations:
  • Masks not required inside pool gates (only lifeguards wearing masks.)
  • This resort is very busy. I assume partly due to limited options in the moderate category.
  • Sebastian’s should be open with the resort this booked.
  • Exterior, new lobby and other public areas are in great shape. Rooms just need upgrade.
Rooms:
  • Rooms are more spacious than I expected. The only deluxe resort we have stayed at is AKL, and size seemed comparable, though bathroom was smaller and storage was in short supply.
  • Room furniture dated. Green bench fabric/vinyl threadbare.
  • Terrible dirty diaper smell in fridge. SO gross. 🤢🤮
  • Plastic-wrapped remote sealed with a sticker marked “clean” but there were smears and chunks of what looked like chocolate inside! Obviously NOT clean at all. Yikes. 😲
Transportation:
  • We only caught early morning buses, but we were always picked up first at Jamaica with only one other stop (Aruba). Buses then went straight to the park, even if the bus was only half full.
  • All evening buses dropped at Jamaica first.
  • One afternoon bus we took started with Martinique and went to all stops.
  • Skyliner, as someone else stated, is GAME CHANGER. From CBR hub, it’s 5 minutes to DHS and 12 minutes to Epcot. WOW. I'm happy but also shocked that this is available to moderate/value resorts and not a deluxe resort exclusive. Also, it’s always moving, so you don’t have to run to catch it or wonder if you just missed it. We would stay at CBR again despite the room conditions, for skyliner alone. Can’t beat this transportation access for the price!
Yuck I would reported the smelly frig and dirty remote!

So long as all 5 are listed on the reservation, yes. They will put you in a room with a pulldown bed.

I have a similar, but different question. I specifically booked a room with a 5th sleeper even though there are 4 of us. My youngest son is a mover and a squirmer and nobody wants to share a bed with him. Will I get my 5th sleeper room that I booked even if there’s 4 of us? Our trip is not until Feb 2022. TIA

Are there hot tubs at the quiet pools? I haven’t been to CBR since I was a kid and we mainly went to the main pool for the slides. Thanks!

Just confirming from a few posts I've read recently when they did the big CBR construction project 1-2 years ago the rooms weren't updated like POFQ etc have been updated?

I'm curious how the buses work with number of guests allowed. Can you please explain? Thanks and glad you had a good trip.

Just confirming from a few posts I've read recently when they did the big CBR construction project 1-2 years ago the rooms weren't updated like POFQ etc have been updated?
Correct. Still carpet in the rooms. No under bed storage. Same old shower head from before.

I have a similar, but different question. I specifically booked a room with a 5th sleeper even though there are 4 of us. My youngest son is a mover and a squirmer and nobody wants to share a bed with him. Will I get my 5th sleeper room that I booked even if there’s 4 of us? Our trip is not until Feb 2022. TIA
I would never say never, but yes, you should always get the room category you booked since you pay for that option (ie pool view, water view, 5th sleeper, etc). We are only 4 people as well and we usually reserve the pull down 5th sleeper as well since my girls don't like sharing a bed.

I booked third-party (Agoda, will never do again...) for a trip end of the month. Was supposed to be a preferred queen room and somehow became a pirate room due to system error. Disney can’t touch the room because it was booked third party, and Agoda claims they can’t fix it either. My question- do I have to wait until we’re physically there to ask for upgrade options, or will that option be available during early checkin via app?

I booked third-party (Agoda, will never do again...) for a trip end of the month. Was supposed to be a preferred queen room and somehow became a pirate room due to system error. Disney can’t touch the room because it was booked third party, and Agoda claims they can’t fix it either. My question- do I have to wait until we’re physically there to ask for upgrade options, or will that option be available during early checkin via app?
Oh no that stinks. Can you see your reservation in MDE? If so maybe you can put in a room request that way before you get there. Good luck.

I think you’ll have to wait until check in to request a different room category. The online check in will only give you generic requests like “close to transportation “.

Bummer. There’s a hot tub at the main one though?
Yes, and its a bit segregated from the main pool area so its a little more calm and quiet in the hot tub area. Unless the pool is busy, we found very few people even sat in that area.

Yes, you should. It's essentially a room category/type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter