Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Honestly I would just walk. In my experience the “internal shuttle” was often not very consistent. You could waste a lot of time waiting for that when it is very simple to just walk to and across the bridge.
Thanks, about how far a walk would you guess it to be?

Not far IMHO. Then again, I have not had a car since 2006 and walk everywhere (live in NYC) so my idea of “far” is very different from people used to driving everywhere.

Does anyone know a link to find CBR's weekly schedule of pool hours and events? I've looked everywhere and can't find it! My son wants to swim this week but I'm a mom who does the parks from open to close so I wanted to see how late the pools were open for him. Thanks for the help!
I haven’t found a link, but we stayed there the week of Thanksgiving. At that time, the main pool was open from 10am-10pm.

We are staying at POP but I want to go eat at CenterTown one day. I will take the skyliner to CB, get off and then what? Do we walk to CenterTown or is there a resort bus nearby that I can take? After eating, should/can I take a resort bus back to the Skyliner? Do the resort buses still go clockwise around the bus stops? Thanks in advance!
I agree with PP that walking is probably the best bet. I'm bad with distances, but I don't think the walk should take any longer than 10 minutes. The most direct route would be to walk over the bridge, cross the street, and walk along the Barbados section of the resort. It will bring you around the pool to Centertown. Remember that you need to have a mobile order ready for pick-up in order to enter Centertown, and there are a couple tables inside but most of the seating is outdoors. Grab everything you need (utensils, napkins, condiments, etc.) before exiting to the patio because the only way back in is to walk all the way around.

Another option is to take the Skyliner to Riviera for their QS. Lots of people rave about it, and I regret not trying it on our October trip.

I agree with PP that walking is probably the best bet. I'm bad with distances, but I don't think the walk should take any longer than 10 minutes. The most direct route would be to walk over the bridge, cross the street, and walk along the Barbados section of the resort. It will bring you around the pool to Centertown. Remember that you need to have a mobile order ready for pick-up in order to enter Centertown, and there are a couple tables inside but most of the seating is outdoors. Grab everything you need (utensils, napkins, condiments, etc.) before exiting to the patio because the only way back in is to walk all the way around.

Another option is to take the Skyliner to Riviera for their QS. Lots of people rave about it, and I regret not trying it on our October trip.
Thanks for the suggested route! I will do this route. CB is big and spread out. We stayed there several years ago and its a one and done for me. We are also going to try out the Riviera QS as well..

Hi-
This will be our first time staying at CBR. Just read through many posts, but still unsure which room request to make. We booked a preferred room with the pull down bed. I saw that 45 or 51 are a good compromise between being close to dining/pool and the skyliner. Does anyone know if there are preferred rooms with the extra bed in those buildings? If not, can anyone recommend another request that might fit our needs?
Thanks!

Hi-
This will be our first time staying at CBR. Just read through many posts, but still unsure which room request to make. We booked a preferred room with the pull down bed. I saw that 45 or 51 are a good compromise between being close to dining/pool and the skyliner. Does anyone know if there are preferred rooms with the extra bed in those buildings? If not, can anyone recommend another request that might fit our needs?
Thanks!

Since you booked Preferred, you will either be in Barbados or Martinique. Barbados 31 would put you pretty close to OPR and the Main Feature pool, yet not a bad walk at all to the CBR Skyliner Station. The buildings in Martinique will get you closer to OPR and the Main Feature pool, but are a bit of a hike to either of the Skyliner Stations.

Since you booked Preferred, you will either be in Barbados or Martinique. Barbados 31 would put you pretty close to OPR and the Main Feature pool, yet not a bad walk at all to the CBR Skyliner Station. The buildings in Martinique will get you closer to OPR and the Main Feature pool, but are a bit of a hike to either of the Skyliner Stations.

Thank you. Would we be better off just keeping the extra bed that we need and not worrying about the preferred room so we can request 45 and 51? I'm not so concerned with the view, more about the convenience to everything.

Thank you. Would we be better off just keeping the extra bed that we need and not worrying about the preferred room so we can request 45 and 51? I'm not so concerned with the view, more about the convenience to everything.

Even before the Skyliner, we never thought Preferred rooms were worth the extra $$ over a Standard. So if it was us, we would book a Standard 5th sleeper and request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51.

IMO, if convenience is most important to you, I would keep preferred. We've stayed twice, requesting 45 or 51 both times, and have never been lucky enough to get our request. On our most recent trip, I had requested 45 or 51 and was in Jamaica 42. Very close and convenient to the Skyliner, but not at all convenient to OPR or the main pool. Alternatively, if you decide to switch to a standard room, you could always request "close to OPR" so that the room assigner knows what's most important to you. By requesting 45 or 51, they may just try to get you close to that without considering you want proximity to the bridge.

I agree with PP that if you keep preferred and end up in Martinique, its a bit of a walk to the Skyliner. However, I think it depends on how often you'll be using the Skyliner to know if that's even an issue. For us, we used the pool and visited the food court more often than we needed to ride the Skyliner, so if we had to compromise on one, we'd rather have the hike to the Skyliner. Martinique is also close to Riviera, so you always have the option to use that Skyliner station, or even visit their QS.

IMO, there's not one ideal location at CBR that's close to everything, but preferred Barbados is about the best you can get. So I would keep preferred.

I agree with PP that if you keep preferred and end up in Martinique, its a bit of a walk to the Skyliner. However, I think it depends on how often you'll be using the Skyliner to know if that's even an issue. For us, we used the pool and visited the food court more often than we needed to ride the Skyliner, so if we had to compromise on one, we'd rather have the hike to the Skyliner. Martinique is also close to Riviera, so you always have the option to use that Skyliner station, or even visit their QS.

IMO, there's not one ideal location at CBR that's close to everything, but preferred Barbados is about the best you can get. So I would keep preferred.

Thank you. Are Martinique and Barbados the only buildings with preferred rooms?

How far is the walk from Martinique to the Riviera skyliner in comparison to the walk from Martinique to OPR or the pool.

How far is the walk from Martinique to the Riviera skyliner in comparison to the walk from Martinique to OPR or the pool.
To me, it was closer to walk to the Riviera Skyliner station from Martinique versus walking to the CBR station. Walking from Martinique to OPR or the main pool is maybe 5 minutes (depending on the actual building you are in). I was in 25. If I had been in 26, maybe add a few minutes.

To me, it was closer to walk to the Riviera Skyliner station from Martinique versus walking to the CBR station. Walking from Martinique to OPR or the main pool is maybe 5 minutes (depending on the actual building you are in). I was in 25. If I had been in 26, maybe add a few minutes.

That works for Epcot.

If you are going to Studios, you would be better just to go to the CBR station as from Riviera you would have to ride the bucket to the CBR station and get in line again to go to Studios.

Does anyone know the current skyliner hours of operation? I can't find current info on WDW website. Thanks!
ETA: We will be staying at CBR for the first time starting tomorrow, and I was wondering how to find this info. If I should post elsewhere, please let me know!

The walk from Martinique to OPR or the pool is two minutes maybe? It depends on the building you're in, but its very close. To walk to the Riviera Skyliner station, I'd guess maybe 10 minutes? You have to walk the path along the water, walk through the resort grounds to the opposite end of the resort, and the walk the path around to the Skyliner entrance on the opposite side of the station to board the Skyliner to Epcot. I agree with PP that if you're going to DHS, it makes more sense to make the walk to the CBR Skyliner station to avoid the transfer.

Does anyone know the current skyliner hours of operation? I can't find current info on WDW website. Thanks!
ETA: We will be staying at CBR for the first time starting tomorrow, and I was wondering how to find this info. If I should post elsewhere, please let me know!
The hours are posted on a A-frame sign at the Skyliner stations. If you can't find the hours anywhere on the app, I think the signs would be the most accurate.

The walk from Martinique to OPR or the pool is two minutes maybe? It depends on the building you're in, but its very close. To walk to the Riviera Skyliner station, I'd guess maybe 10 minutes? You have to walk the path along the water, walk through the resort grounds to the opposite end of the resort, and the walk the path around to the Skyliner entrance on the opposite side of the station to board the Skyliner to Epcot. I agree with PP that if you're going to DHS, it makes more sense to make the walk to the CBR Skyliner station to avoid the transfer.

The hours are posted on a A-frame sign at the Skyliner stations. If you can't find the hours anywhere on the app, I think the signs would be the most accurate.
It would definitely be nice though if it was actually posted somewhere, so ppl. could find out before having to actually walk over there.

It would definitely be nice though if it was actually posted somewhere, so ppl. could find out before having to actually walk over there.
I don't disagree. It seems like the operating hours change based on park hours so they might prefer to keep it fluid. Also, I don't think I've ever seen posted documented hours for the buses or monorail listed on the web site or app, so there must be a reason for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter