Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Going December 12-16 and just scored an Oga's ADR tonight for lunch on the 13th! (I've been checking every day for a month!)

I've stayed at most Disney resorts, but not CBR.

He knows we are going on the trip, but I'm surprising him with this ADR as well as a reservation at Savi's on that same day for him to build a lightsaber. I am so looking forward to this trip with my son.

Just booked CBR for the first time. Going in late March. Can't wait to try it! Haven't rode on the skyliner, yet. I wish Sebastian's was going to be open. Does anyone know if the 35% discount will pop back up for CBR? It showed availability a couple days ago in every room category. Now it's only showing up for the Pirate rooms on my dates. Thanks!

How early before park openings would you recommend taking Uber?
we beat the line of cars waiting at the gate both when we went to animal kingdom via bus and also saw them holding the cars back as we rode on the skyliner over to DHS, but be EARLY to the transpiration. Worth it.

Can someone who has stayed recently advise if the coffee maker is a Keurig or the Cuisinart one that holds the pods (like the ones at Pop)? We don't like the coffee in the room so we usually bring along our mini Keurig and our own coffee. If there is already a Keurig, that's one less bag I have to bring! Checking in tomorrow!!!

Options seem a bit unclear when booking at CBR. There is no Preferred Water view category. So, if I want to request a water view in building 24 (Martinique), do I request Preferred or Water View? Thought about staying many times, but never have. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Options seem a bit unclear when booking at CBR. There is no Preferred Water view category. So, if I want to request a water view in building 24 (Martinique), do I request Preferred or Water View? Thought about staying many times, but never have. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

As I understand it, Water View can be in any section. (The exception being Pirate - THAT is separate.) Just as a King Room can be in any section. If Water View is more important, you'd book Water View and could request Martinique or Barbados - realizing it was only a request. If Preferred is more important, book Preferred and hope that maybe you get pixie dusted with a water view room...but you really couldn't request a Water View with a Preferred Room booking since they are considered two different categories.

Edit to add: So for your example, if you want Water View and possibly Martinique 24, you would BOOK Water View and request Martinique 24. BUT the building and village would ONLY be requests.

Can someone who has stayed recently advise if the coffee maker is a Keurig or the Cuisinart one that holds the pods (like the ones at Pop)? We don't like the coffee in the room so we usually bring along our mini Keurig and our own coffee. If there is already a Keurig, that's one less bag I have to bring! Checking in tomorrow!!!
I was there the week before the U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday. They have the coffee pods and not the Keurig type of pods. Since I knew housekeeping would be every other day, I had gone to Amazon and actually purchased some coffee pods and brought them with me so I would have enough.

As I understand it, Water View can be in any section. (The exception being Pirate - THAT is separate.) Just as a King Room can be in any section. If Water View is more important, you'd book Water View and could request Martinique or Barbados - realizing it was only a request. If Preferred is more important, book Preferred and hope that maybe you get pixie dusted with a water view room...but you really couldn't request a Water View with a Preferred Room booking since they are considered two different categories.

Edit to add: So for your example, if you want Water View and possibly Martinique 24, you would BOOK Water View and request Martinique 24. BUT the building and village would ONLY be requests.

This. :thumbsup2

Cuisinart

Thanks so much for your response. I've done as you suggested and requested a Water View in Building 25 (1st choice), 24 or 55. I've also specified Lake...they better not give me 24 with Pool view....I really get annoyed when Water category includes Pool...so frustrating. Looking forward to my first CBR stay in Feb!

How early did you get to transportation?
We stayed at CBR the week of Thanksgiving. For Magic Kingdom, we were at the bus stop at 7:30. The bus arrived around 7:50 and we were in the park at about 8:10.

For HS, we were at the Skyliner by 8:00 both days we visited the park. We were one of the first 10 groups in line both days. They started boarding the Skyliner at 8:45. We were in the park and off of SDD by 9:20-9:30 one day and MMRR by 9:30ish the other day.
For AK, we were at the bus stop at 6:50, we’re on a bus at 7:00 and in the park around 7:20.

Our family likes to be at the parks by opening, leave around mid-day to nap or swim, then go back to the parks in the evenings.

How early before park openings would you recommend taking Uber?
We were there in late October. For AK, the parking lot has to be open before Uber can drop you off. We ordered the Uber about 45 mins before posted park opening, the car was there within 5
minutes, and the lot was open by the time we arrived. We did catch a bit of a line at temp checks, but it moved quickly and we were inside the park by 8:50 for a 9am opening.

For MK, Uber drops off at a special area at TTC so it doesn't matter if the lot isn't quite open yet. We ordered the Uber an hour before park opening and got there quickly. The temp check tent at TTC in this area opened around 8:25 and there were maybe only 30-40 other groups waiting with us at that time. We got on the first monorail to MK and we were on Big Thunder by 8:50 with a 9am opening.

We used the Skyliner for DHS and Epcot and had no issues. We only opted for Uber at park opening for MK and AK to avoid the craziness at the bus depots at that time.

Changed to CBR for January as well. What can I say? It's my Disney Home!

We are staying at POP but I want to go eat at CenterTown one day. I will take the skyliner to CB, get off and then what? Do we walk to CenterTown or is there a resort bus nearby that I can take? After eating, should/can I take a resort bus back to the Skyliner? Do the resort buses still go clockwise around the bus stops? Thanks in advance!

We are staying at POP but I want to go eat at CenterTown one day. I will take the skyliner to CB, get off and then what? Do we walk to CenterTown or is there a resort bus nearby that I can take? After eating, should/can I take a resort bus back to the Skyliner? Do the resort buses still go clockwise around the bus stops? Thanks in advance!

Honestly I would just walk. In my experience the “internal shuttle” was often not very consistent. You could waste a lot of time waiting for that when it is very simple to just walk to and across the bridge.

Does anyone know a link to find CBR's weekly schedule of pool hours and events? I've looked everywhere and can't find it! My son wants to swim this week but I'm a mom who does the parks from open to close so I wanted to see how late the pools were open for him. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!