Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

How do you get to MK from CBR? I figured I would take the Skyliner to HS and EP. Thanks!!

When we were at Disney last January, took the bus from CBR to MK. It was a nightmare. It took us an hour to get from CBR to MK, and it was 7:30 in the evening. (So not exatly prime time). All the internal bus stops. The next morning, we took the Skyliner to HS, then got on the bus to MK. Was it faster, maybe just a little, but it was A LOT less stressful. We got coffee at Joffrey's, rode the Skyliner, go in the super short line for the bus and off we went.

I get it. Things are very different now. But for me. I would still take the Skyliner to HS to catch the bus.

When we were at Disney last January, took the bus from CBR to MK. It was a nightmare. It took us an hour to get from CBR to MK, and it was 7:30 in the evening. (So not exatly prime time). All the internal bus stops. The next morning, we took the Skyliner to HS, then got on the bus to MK. Was it faster, maybe just a little, but it was A LOT less stressful. We got coffee at Joffrey's, rode the Skyliner, go in the super short line for the bus and off we went.

I get it. Things are very different now. But for me. I would still take the Skyliner to HS to catch the bus.
I had forgotten that we had done this on our last trip. Thanks for the reminder . . . We'll be doing this again next week.

Is a preferred room not as good as Aruba and Jamaica now with the skyliner?

We are in Jamaica 45 seems to be best of both worlds. Short trip across the bridge to Centertown; pretty much equidistant to both Skyliner Stations. We have been playing Bus Roulette when leaving the park for fun. Went to AoA one day, Pop another, today Boardwalk and ate at Boardwalk Bakery before Skyliner to CBR. Tomorrow will be breakfast at The Riviera before Epcot.

This is my first time staying in property. I think I get why people do it now 😁 (normally we are off property due to non-DVC timeshare.

Any advantage to which skyliner depot to use? I was thinking of requestng Aruba.
You could also request Martinique (which is the Preferred room category). It is definitely a bit closer walking to the Riviera station from Martinique than to the CBR Skyliner station. It is a more direct walk around the lake than trying to wind your way through the CBR property over to the CBR Skyliner station.

Hi I have a question about room requests. I checked in today for our Dec 28th trip. the only options in the room request drop down are ground floor and near bus stop. Does that mean those are the only room options available? :eek:
Any other suggestions on how I request a room besides on check in? (I tried the link on page 1 and it didn't work). I really want to request Jamaica. Any help is appreciated!

Hi I have a question about room requests. I checked in today for our Dec 28th trip. the only options in the room request drop down are ground floor and near bus stop. Does that mean those are the only room options available? :eek:
Any other suggestions on how I request a room besides on check in? (I tried the link on page 1 and it didn't work). I really want to request Jamaica. Any help is appreciated!
I believe you have to call. That’s what I did at any rate.
I did try through the app (chat) but was told they cannot help me with room requests there.

We are in Jamaica 45 seems to be best of both worlds. Short trip across the bridge to Centertown; pretty much equidistant to both Skyliner Stations. We have been playing Bus Roulette when leaving the park for fun. Went to AoA one day, Pop another, today Boardwalk and ate at Boardwalk Bakery before Skyliner to CBR. Tomorrow will be breakfast at The Riviera before Epcot.

This is my first time staying in property. I think I get why people do it now 😁 (normally we are off property due to non-DVC timeshare.
Thank you! I called and requested Jamaica 45 thanks to you and all the helpful people on this thread.

Bus roulette sounds like a fun way to change up the quick service dinners since there are such limited menus at the resort food courts now!

Did you take the skyliner to Epcot for rope drop at all and if so, were you able to get to TT or Frozen in time to be near the front?

Did you take the skyliner to Epcot for rope drop at all and if so, were you able to get to TT or Frozen in time to be near the front?

We had breakfast around 9 at Primo Piatto at The Riviera and were in the first few groups to get on the Skyliner before 10 am. We were on Frozen by 10:30 am. (We headed to TT after, but it still was not open - long waits all day, so we skipped it.

We are checking out tomorrow and will have a handful of unopened bottles of Aquafina water left that we won't be able to take with us.

Is there anyone here, now, that would like them, or, will the bell desk/guest services allow me to leave them for anyone who might be checking in tomorrow (Tuesday)?

Can Uber/Lyft pick up And drop off at Aruba or Jamaica?
Can Lyft pick up in Trinidad?
As PP mentioned, if you ask a CM, they will tell you Uber/Lyft pick-ups should be done at Old Port Royale. But we used Lyft multiple times two weeks ago and they picked us up in Jamaica with no issue. We waited at the half circle where the sign is. Lyft actually has each of the CBR villages as a pick up point, and we found Lyft to be slightly cheaper than Uber.

Is a preferred room not as good as Aruba and Jamaica now with the skyliner?
It depends on what you want to be closest to. Preferred rooms are still the closest to Old Port Royale and the main pool, but some can be a decent walk to the Skyliner. IMO, there's not one location at the resort that is a quick walk to all things so its best to book what's more important to you. I would book preferred if you want to be near OPR and the main pool. If you want to be near the Skyliner, book standard and note that as a request.

Also, as an FYI for others, I would almost suggest making generic requests rather than specific building requests. We've stayed at CBR twice now and both time I had noted Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 so we could be close to the bridge. Our first trip, we ended up in Jamaica 46 which was fine. But on our most recent trip, we were in Jamaica 42 which was a hike to the bridge. Close to the Skyliner, but we would have rather been closer to OPR for mug refills, quick meals/snacks, etc. Thinking from a room assigner's perspective, if I had noted "close to bridge", perhaps they would have assigned me something different.

As PP mentioned, you can but you're technically supposed to pick it up at Old Port Royale, the main entrance. However, I know that for Uber/Lyft rides, they will pick up and drop off at the various villages. So check the Uber Eats app to see if your village location is there. If so, you should be able to meet them at the drive-up circle for your village where the sign is. We didn't use Uber Eats, but we did order Lyfts to Jamaica several times and it was no issue.

This was our recent experience also, being picked up/dropped off/getting food delivered at the circular drive of our building.

Glad everything worked out for you. For the benefit of others reading this, its best to call to have room requests noted at least a couple days in advance as room assignments are typically done a couple of days out from your check in date.

Agreed. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so it's best to get those requests in no later than the 5 day mark.

If they originally assigned you Martinique, it sounds like they had upgraded you to a king preferred?

No upgrade in this situation. There is no such room category of Preferred King at CBR, only King. All buildings in Martinique and Barbados have Preferred, Water/Pool View and King rooms.

What time has the Skyliner been opening up? We want to make sure to get to HS around 9:15ish. It opens at 10 the day we booked.

What time has the Skyliner been opening up? We want to make sure to get to HS around 9:15ish. It opens at 10 the day we booked.
We went to HS on Monday and today (Wednesday). We were in line by 8:00 both days and were within the first 10 groups both days. They started the Skyliner around 8:45 both days. We then went to the line for temp screening. The park opened around 9:10-9:15 both days. Monday, we were off MMRR by 9:30. Today we were one of the first groups on SDD and then got straight on tower of terror. Things were quite crowded after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts