Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I don't know why, but after doing some poking around any stay that covers a weekend only has King and Pirate Themed rooms available. If I do all weekday stays, every category is available. :confused3
Thanks so much for that and doing all that research!!! Really appreciate it! It is really odd isn't it? Oh well, it's fine, I would just like to save a little $$ if I could ;)

This is the first chance I've had to sit down and get the computer out since our arrival Tuesday evening.

I had called early Tuesday morning while still at home to request building 45 or 51. When we landed Tuesday afternoon the app said our room was in Martinique (can't remember the room number but definitely not where I had requested). So I called as we were driving in (we rented a car) and they said they would "pass it along to the room assignment team" and call back. They did call back in just a few minutes asking if we were OK with 2 queens (had originally booked a King since it was least expensive... it's just me and my husband anyway). I said that was fine (having an extra bed for storage is always a plus because we spread our stuff out!)

When we arrived and found our room we discovered that it was a 5th sleeper plus a handicapped room (based on how the bathroom looks). Even though I don't need a handicapped room, the grab bars in the tub are nice 1- for stability anyway because I'm not getting any younger! and 2- to hang my washcloth up and have it be reasonably dry before the next time I use it.

We haven't really had a chance to explore the grounds yet. We got BG14 for ROTR just now but we also want to do MMRR first thing so we just need to decide when we are going to leave here... I think we will drive again and I know we can't get into the parking lot earlier than about 0900.

@MEC004 - you can, but you will have to pick it up at the main entrance near Centertown Market. When I tried it in October, there were very few restaurants available. Most of them were fast food, with one or two others. I could not find anything available via Doordash.

I had a few Skyliner Questions related to CBR:

- First off, how noisy is the Skyliner in the buildings below the lines (Aruba and Jamaica)? To me, it seems like they are far enough up that that you wouldn't hear them below but I wasn't sure. The chime that proceeds each announcement seems a bit loud and the announcements all seem to occur at the same point in the ride, so if you got a room underneath one of these spots or are just sitting outside in resort, do you constantly hear the same announcement over and over?

- Secondly, how does boarding work at the Riviera station in the morning? I imagine they fill every gondola that leaves the main hub heading to Epcot, so how do the people at Riviera get on?

Just FYI that you can only Uber/Lyft to TTC currently, unless you have an ADR or mobile order at Contemporary. To go from CBR to TTC, the cost is roughly $11-$12 one way. We found Lyft to be slightly cheaper than Uber.

We paid $12.76. We did have reservation at the wave...and oddly they never asked for proof.

- First off, how noisy is the Skyliner in the buildings below the lines (Aruba and Jamaica)? To me, it seems like they are far enough up that that you wouldn't hear them below but I wasn't sure. The chime that proceeds each announcement seems a bit loud and the announcements all seem to occur at the same point in the ride, so if you got a room underneath one of these spots or are just sitting outside in resort, do you constantly hear the same announcement over and over?

- Secondly, how does boarding work at the Riviera station in the morning? I imagine they fill every gondola that leaves the main hub heading to Epcot, so how do the people at Riviera get on?

First - don't hear it at all.
Second - not sure, I think they may leave done empty. I know people were able to board at the Riviera.

We were in Jamaica 42 which is one of the buildings closest to the Skyliner. We didn't hear them at any point during our stay, not the noise from the cabin or even the motion of the track. Not an issue at all.

We boarded the Skyliner at the CBR hub at opening for Epcot and there was a small line. I noticed that after about every 5-6 gondolas, they would leave 1-2 empty and let them pass by the loading platform. The doors would not open on these. My guess is that these were ones they were leaving empty for Riviera guests.

We were in Jamaica 42 which is one of the buildings closest to the Skyliner. We didn't hear them at any point during our stay, not the noise from the cabin or even the motion of the track. Not an issue at all.

We boarded the Skyliner at the CBR hub at opening for Epcot and there was a small line. I noticed that after about every 5-6 gondolas, they would leave 1-2 empty and let them pass by the loading platform. The doors would not open on these. My guess is that these were ones they were leaving empty for Riviera guests.

Great info, thanks for passing it along!

Resort-specific pins we just picked up

Attachments

• BB71568C-F8F0-4C1E-A11B-9845AF4FE37B.jpeg
    BB71568C-F8F0-4C1E-A11B-9845AF4FE37B.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 9E6590B4-2BCC-4F60-B98A-31E0D96BCBCB.jpeg
    9E6590B4-2BCC-4F60-B98A-31E0D96BCBCB.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
Can you have Ubereats delivered?
As PP mentioned, you can but you're technically supposed to pick it up at Old Port Royale, the main entrance. However, I know that for Uber/Lyft rides, they will pick up and drop off at the various villages. So check the Uber Eats app to see if your village location is there. If so, you should be able to meet them at the drive-up circle for your village where the sign is. We didn't use Uber Eats, but we did order Lyfts to Jamaica several times and it was no issue.

I had called early Tuesday morning while still at home to request building 45 or 51. When we landed Tuesday afternoon the app said our room was in Martinique (can't remember the room number but definitely not where I had requested). So I called as we were driving in (we rented a car) and they said they would "pass it along to the room assignment team" and call back. They did call back in just a few minutes asking if we were OK with 2 queens (had originally booked a King since it was least expensive... it's just me and my husband anyway). I said that was fine (having an extra bed for storage is always a plus because we spread our stuff out!)
Glad everything worked out for you. For the benefit of others reading this, its best to call to have room requests noted at least a couple days in advance as room assignments are typically done a couple of days out from your check in date. If they originally assigned you Martinique, it sounds like they had upgraded you to a king preferred? What building did you end up in?

My DH and I booked a last minute trip starting Dec 5. I went in February and have not kept up much with changes with Covid. We have a king room. Are you allowed to eat at Riviera? Can you load skyliner there if you are in Aruba? The only place open to eat at CBR is main food court, correct?

Thanks

My DH and I booked a last minute trip starting Dec 5. I went in February and have not kept up much with changes with Covid. We have a king room. Are you allowed to eat at Riviera? Can you load skyliner there if you are in Aruba? The only place open to eat at CBR is main food court, correct?

Thanks
Yes X 3 :)

As PP mentioned, you can but you're technically supposed to pick it up at Old Port Royale, the main entrance. However, I know that for Uber/Lyft rides, they will pick up and drop off at the various villages. So check the Uber Eats app to see if your village location is there. If so, you should be able to meet them at the drive-up circle for your village where the sign is. We didn't use Uber Eats, but we did order Lyfts to Jamaica several times and it was no issue.

Glad everything worked out for you. For the benefit of others reading this, its best to call to have room requests noted at least a couple days in advance as room assignments are typically done a couple of days out from your check in date. If they originally assigned you Martinique, it sounds like they had upgraded you to a king preferred? What building did you end up in?
Oh goodness I didn't know that! (about it possibly being a preferred room).

Ended up in Building 51 which is what I had originally wanted, for proximity to both the Skyliner and the Riviera.

Lyft picked us up in Jamaica, no problem. (Yesterday)

Comment on AK bus - 8 am open today, empty bus was at the stop in Jamaica before 7 am. So no issues taking bus from Jamica to AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!