Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just back from our 11/6-11/12 trip. We were in Martinique. We enjoyed the location, but it was pretty far from the CBR Skyliner station. Reading everyone's posts helped me prepare for our stay, especially in regards to transportation, so I thought I'd share what we did while we were there!

Magic Kingdom: got to the Martinique bus stop just before 7:45am. We were the 5th or so party to arrive. First bus arrived at 8:08am. Everyone was very respectful and got on the bus in the order we arrived; no issues with anyone trying to cut in line. We made it onto the bus and pulled away at 8:14am. They did fill pretty much every seat on the bus. The bus driver tells you where to sit and there are plastic dividers between seats, so even if you are sitting next to a stranger, there's a plastic partition between you. The bus did briefly stop on the way to MK because the emergency hatch in the roof was open and it was raining, so people were getting rained on. Once the bus driver closed it, we were back on our way. We were walking through the front gate & down Main Street at 8:40am. We basically walked on BTMRR, Pirates, Splash, and Haunted Mansion by 10am.

Hollywood Studios: Got to the CBR Skyliner station at 8am. There were less than 10 parties ahead of us. Just before 8:30am several buses going to DHS pulled in, but I wasn't able to see if they were loading people on at that time. I can't remember what time they walked us up onto the Skyliner platform (it was maybe 8:35am or so), but the Skyliner started running right at 8:45am and we got on within a minute of it running. Once we got to DHS, they lined us up at temperature check. There were a bunch of lines and we were maybe 20-30 parties back in our line. They started letting us go through temperature check at 9:15am, we went straight through into the park & went straight for MMRR. We got onto our MMRR ride vehicle at 9:28am and by the time we got off they had the line closed due to capacity. At 7am I did manage to snag RotR boarding group 45 and our group was called at 12:35pm.

Epcot: We weren't rushing to make it to rope drop. We got to the Riviera Skyliner station around 10:50am and waited maybe 10-15 minutes to be loaded into a gondola. We walked right through security & into the park. It was after 11am at that point & we were hungry, so we decided to head around the World Showcase to eat at some F&W booths, so I can't say how the lines were at the rides at that time. The WS was fairly empty & we had no waits to get food.

Animal Kingdom: we drove & didn't make it for rope drop, so nothing special to report.

Hope this helps!

Should have asked this sooner but: Are there USB charge port outlets built in anywhere (lamp bases, above the desk (if there is a desk), in the walls), or are they just standard outlets? Trying to decide how many
bricks I need to bring.

Thank you!

Should have asked this sooner but: Are there USB charge port outlets built in anywhere (lamp bases, above the desk (if there is a desk), in the walls), or are they just standard outlets? Trying to decide how many
bricks I need to bring.

Thank you!

In our room there are 2 USB ports at the night stand between the beds, 2 more above the refrigerator, and 2 at the dresser on the left side of our TV.

If there is anyone here, or who recently checked out, who did NOT make any specific room requests, would you mind sharing what area or building you were in? The app doesn't have a method to request a specific building but I really, really despise calling so I'm wondering what people's experiences have been if you "do nothing." If it matters, I am just in a plain King room.

Hi! Hope everyone is well.

Have the restrictions on teens / older children using the Murphy Bed been removed? I can now get a price for 4 adults and my 10 year old whereas previously it wasn't offered past 9?

Thank you x

Just wondering if anyone might know who maybe missed this post. Sorry to be a nuisance.

If there is anyone here, or who recently checked out, who did NOT make any specific room requests, would you mind sharing what area or building you were in? The app doesn't have a method to request a specific building but I really, really despise calling so I'm wondering what people's experiences have been if you "do nothing." If it matters, I am just in a plain King room.

So I made a room request over the phone to be in Jamaica 41 or 42 but when I got my room assignment from Disney I was given Aruba 56. We hadn't gone to the resort yet so as soon as I got my assignment notification on the app and checked it I called the resort and they got me swapped to Jamaica 42.

There was no waiting on hold as soon as I called the resort I got through, put my request in and they called me back with the updated room within 15 minutes. I'd recommend doing this before you check in so they can assign the room to another person without having to clean it.

We are in a standard room.

For those of you who just returned from CBR- were there multiple buses that stopped at specific bus stops or was there only one bus that stopped at each stop?

We have requested to stay in Jamaica. Does anyone know where in the bus stop order Jamaica is (is it the first stop, fourth stop, etc)?

We arrive in six days! I’m trying to figure out the best plan for busing to AK and MK. We will be going with my sister and her family, and my parents. My mom will have a scooter, so I don’t think we will be able to take an Uber.

Any advice/input would be appreciated. TIA!

bricks I need to bring.

Thank you!
I would still pack the bricks. Not necessarily CBR, but I’ve seen way too many loose USB ports to trust them. Not a great feeling to see that your phone didn’t charge overnight.

So I made a room request over the phone to be in Jamaica 41 or 42 but when I got my room assignment from Disney I was given Aruba 56. We hadn't gone to the resort yet so as soon as I got my assignment notification on the app and checked it I called the resort and they got me swapped to Jamaica 42.

There was no waiting on hold as soon as I called the resort I got through, put my request in and they called me back with the updated room within 15 minutes. I'd recommend doing this before you check in so they can assign the room to another person without having to clean it.

OK I will do that after we land, I guess. I think we would like to be around buildings 51 or 45.

Thank you!

OK I will do that after we land, I guess. I think we would like to be around buildings 51 or 45.

Thank you!

Yeah we hadn't even left home yet and told us our room was ready. We left in the evening and our room was ready around 3:45pm. I called just after getting the notification on MDE.

Yeah we hadn't even left home yet and told us our room was ready. We left in the evening and our room was ready around 3:45pm. I called just after getting the notification on MDE.
Thank you! We leave here at around.... I think it'll be noon Florida time so we shall see what happens. They'll probably notify me while we are in the air :)

I'm sure we will be happy anywhere (except maybe Trinidad, which seems to be close to nothing).

What phone number did you use?

Also, for people trying to get to either Frozen or Test Track at rope drop, how has your luck been using the skyliner? Do they start running the skyliner early enough to get to the IG in time to be near the front of the line before rope drop?

What phone number did you use?

Also, for people trying to get to either Frozen or Test Track at rope drop, how has your luck been using the skyliner? Do they start running the skyliner early enough to get to the IG in time to be near the front of the line before rope drop?

I used 407-934-3400.

As far as your second question, we just did DAK and DHS over a short weekend. I will say all lines on the skyliner were open between 7:30am-8am while I was here with DHS opening at 9am. I think you'll be okay for rope drop but I can't say for certain.

Oooh I thought of one more question if someone has a moment.

I don't necessarily care about getting new towels every day, but it is very important to me that my wet towels have enough room to dry thoroughly between showers and hotels in general are awful about having adequate towel bars.

Does anyone have a photo of the number of towel bars that would be typical in a regular room?

Oooh I thought of one more question if someone has a moment.

I don't necessarily care about getting new towels every day, but it is very important to me that my wet towels have enough room to dry thoroughly between showers and hotels in general are awful about having adequate towel bars.

Does anyone have a photo of the number of towel bars that would be typical in a regular room?

Since I'm still here, here are photos of our room. There were 4 hanging hooks for towels in the shower/toilet section of the bathroom and 1 towel bar below the storage shelf the towels sat on. In the main bathroom area there's a smaller bar for hand towels.

What time should we plan to leave each day and how?

12/2-MK
12/3-HS & we have a 9:30 reservation for DS to build a droid
12/4-EP
12/5-MK

No AK this time around since we wanted to do so much at MK. I could buy another ticket for 12/1 since we arrive at 9:40 and the flight is only two hours. This is our first trip and DS has high functioning autism. We will be getting a DAS at the parks just in case. I am getting a little overwhelmed trying to figure out times. We cruise so this is a very different experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter