Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

For anyone recently there, how has the food situation at OPR going? Getting any better since the initial reopen?

I was there 10/22-10/29. We got breakfast one morning in the food court and it took 40 minutes for a to-go order (and the buzzer never went off to indicate the food was ready). The line to order was pretty long at the time.

Got grilled cheese sandwiches one night fairly late, also to-go, and those took 20ish minutes (possibly less, it was about 20 before my buzzer went off but the food was definitely ready before then). There was no line at all that evening.

Every other morning we got breakfast before leaving the resort we used mobile order and went to Spyglass and it took about 5 minutes.

I guess I should have been more specific. The people I am traveling with wanted to stay at CBR for the Pirate room. I think the biggest thing is there will be 4 adults (all in our 20s) staying in the room. The values gave me anxiety of having enough room. I have considered changing over to a suite at AoA. I like the ease of the food court and busses at Pop and All Star Sports, having multiple bus stops makes me anxious of taking forever for transit, whereas the values I can see how far back I am in a bus line and know how many busses it will be when I am going to the parks. Do the CBR busses come frequently?

One thing to note is that the beds in the Pirate Rooms aren't queen size. I still find them comfortable as a tall and slim dude. I could be wrong, but the rooms are a bit bigger and have better setup for the whole bathroom and sink areas compared to values. The big thing for me about space is the Values feeling as an extension of the crowded parks, CBR feels like a nice break from that, especially the Pirate Room section.

Also one thing to consider is a year from now the transportation situation will be different. The different food options at the main Centertown area should be figured out by then too, and Spyglass Grill at the Pirate Room local pool is already well regarded after opening a few months ago.

Thank you for all the wonderful info on this thread. I recently planned a trip for my 73 YO mother and me the last week in November (I'm an obsessive planner so only having a month to plan is a little stressful but even a quickly planned trip to Disney is better than none at all :tigger:). We booked a Pirate room but I'm worried about how much walking my mom will need to do. I realize that walking is a big part of a WDW vacation, but I'd like to minimize that for her as much as possible. I'm a Disney veteran but last stayed at the CB 10 years ago.

Are there internal buses that will take us to OPR so we don't have to walk so much? What do you think the chances are that we could be moved to a different location? I realize that nothing is guaranteed. Would it pay to contact Disney directly with my concerns and, if so, any suggestions who best to contact? I want to make this trip as enjoyable for her as possible.

Any advice/tips you could provide would be wonderful. TIA

Are there internal buses that will take us to OPR so we don't have to walk so much?
Yes.

Also there is a new restaurant(QS) at Trinidad(Pirates section) called Spyglass Grill that would require little walking(and there is a Mug Refill Station at Spyglass as well).

Yes.

Also there is a new restaurant(QS) at Trinidad(Pirates section) called Spyglass Grill that would require little walking(and there is a Mug Refill Station at Spyglass as well).

Thank you! It does look like that area could be it’s own mini-resort with a quiet pool, too. Do you have any info about the internal bus? I’m curious about how often it runs, etc.

Thank you! It does look like that area could be it’s own mini-resort with a quiet pool, too.
AND it has its "own" Laundry(all the Islands have a Laundry by their Pools).

Also there are nice Vending Machines in the Laundry if you find yourself in need of any Late PM/Early AM Sodas/Snacks.

One little tip-returning from OPR to Trinidad,hop on the FIRST bus that comes(either Internal OR a Park Bus)and get off at Trinidad(the Buses will stop at Barbados and then Trinidad when leaving OPR).

I am so excited to see the resort! This is my first time going to DW and I've always dreamed of staying at a resort. So glad the renovations finished.
CONGRATS!!!!:)

First time at WDW and you are staying at CBR!----BAM!!!!:)

You will have to go back when the Skyliner and Disney Riviera Resort are finished and the "loop" around Barefoot Bay is "open" again.

That is going to be awesome,but the Resort is also awesome in its current state!

Have FUN in the Islands and please tell an old friend of mine Hello::)

34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

Do the quiet pools have hot tubs or is it just the pool? DO these pools/hot tubs have posted hours? I am asking for the month of January! We will be arriving late (10pm) and would love a quick dip in a hot tub before bed! Thanks!

Will the number of busses running to and from CBR lessen after the gondola service is up and running? It's one of our fears but seems logical. Thanks.

Will the number of busses running to and from CBR lessen after the gondola service is up and running? It's one of our fears but seems logical. Thanks.
The number of busses to MK and AK should be exactly the same.

For Epcot and HS, they might get rid of the busses completely. But, nothing has been announced one way or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!