Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Also, the article says that, although Disney previously mentionned an opening date this summer, all the signs and infos have now been withdrawn.
I am thinking Fall. Last update I saw it was nearing completion unless something happened.

I'd imagine their "must be done by" date will be for the Christmas rush. Wouldn't look very good if it wasn't done by then. I'd imagine they'd want a soft opening before the crowds really start building...?

I am thinking Fall. Last update I saw it was nearing completion unless something happened.
When we were there in January the signage in the food tent read Fall 2018. I believe you are correct about it nearing completion. :love:

Hmmmm.....CBR opened Oct 1, 1988. New pool opened in Sept. of 2008. New restaurant and bar should open by the 30th anniversary, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Oh....I'm sad about Shutters. We've eaten there every trip, even when we stayed at a different resort. And it was always in our top 5 meals of the trip!! My kids will be bummed.

But. Sebastian's - what a great name!! I like that kind of theming.

Oh....I'm sad about Shutters. We've eaten there every trip, even when we stayed at a different resort. And it was always in our top 5 meals of the trip!! My kids will be bummed.

But. Sebastian's - what a great name!! I like that kind of theming.

I like the new theming as well- Sebastian's is a great name!

AWESOME report from wdwnt!

https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/photos-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort-old-port-royale-construction-update/

Cool new paint for the Lighthouse!:)
6F0FF625-AAC5-4F5F-A706-F9E4ECE5382E-1200x800.jpeg

Hi all,

My mom, grandma and aunt are planning a trip to CBR in the spring. Grandma likely will have an ECV that we will rent from an off-site company. I understand that a request for a ground floor room is not guaranteed. What does one do with their ECV each night in the event that they are assigned a room on an upper floor? Any experience with this? Thank you!

Hi all,

My mom, grandma and aunt are planning a trip to CBR in the spring. Grandma likely will have an ECV that we will rent from an off-site company. I understand that a request for a ground floor room is not guaranteed. What does one do with their ECV each night in the event that they are assigned a room on an upper floor? Any experience with this? Thank you!

I’ve been told that there are no elevators in the buildings so I assume if you made reservations aware that she is physically unable to climb stairs that she will be assigned a first floor room.

Hi all,

I would call and make a request and have them make a note on the request that you will have a person with an ECV in your room.

Pool side bar should be opening soon. Walls are done and the movable hedges/bushes are surrounding it now.
Here now and at the pool. They look like they are doing paint touch ups outside. I see lights on inside so hoping it opens sometime this week. The porta-bar they have here really is a tad depressing right now. I like a good drink but waiting in line to order a drink from a camper... so far so good.

Here now and at the pool. They look like they are doing paint touch ups outside. I see lights on inside so hoping it opens sometime this week. The porta-bar they have here really is a tad depressing right now. I like a good drink but waiting in line to order a drink from a camper... so far so good.
On second look many light fixtures not installed and it looks a good week out in my opinion.

On second look many light fixtures not installed and it looks a good week out in my opinion.
I wish it would all open in the next 3 weeks, I would switch to CBR. I like the look of the beach theme but just couldn’t do it because of all the amenities being closed except the pools. We are staying at Riverside for the same price which is a nice resort just not thrilled because we have stayed there already. I just would of loved to try a new moderate Resort.

Last edited:
Joining. Going in Jan 2019

We paid for water/pool view. What island do you suggest to be close to soda refill station and bus stop??

Thank you

Joining. Going in Jan 2019

We paid for water/pool view. What island do you suggest to be close to soda refill station and bus stop??

Thank you

Every Village has its own bus stop so you'll always be close to one no matter where you're room is. The Freestyle machines are in the following buildings.

Martinique 25
Aruba 55,52
Jamaica46,43
Trinidad North 33
Trinidad South 34,38 (Pirate Themed rooms so not an option for you)

Just back from 8 days/7 nights at CBR. Before I give my "review" below, know that my wife and I don't typically spend much time at the resort when we go to Disney (regardless of where we stay). We like to get up super early and tour all day so I won't have anything to say about the food or main pool area since we didn't use them.

We stayed in Aruba 51 (did not request anything...as we didn't really care if we were near the main pool/food). Going in, I was a little worried about the bus situation. But, there were absolutely NO issues. Using the My Disney Experience App to check bus times before leaving the room worked out really, really well most of the time. We could time when we left the room to get to the bus stop a min or two ahead of time. But...you have to keep checking the App as it changes times constantly. One time, the "next" bus at our stop said 7:41 AM (it was around 7:20 at the time) but when we checked 2 min later, it then said 7:25. Luckily we were ready to leave but had to really hustle to get that bus...so my advice is to keep checking the app when you are in room as it changes all the time.

They did seem to run two buses (one for Jamaica and Aruba and the other for Martinique, Old Port Royal, and the Trinidads) but only in the morning (makes sense). Only had to stand on the bus maybe twice going to the parks. Return service is what it is...mostly luck as to when the bus came. Seeing as how Aruba is the last stop, it really didn't seem that bad to wait through all the stops.

Two of the mornings we had to get to MK by 7:45 (for Early Morning Magic and Keys to the Kingdom tour). Was going to order a Lyft to ensure we got there on time but there were plenty of buses that early (park open was 9 each of those days). Actually got there by 7:30 each day we were NOT on the first bus of the day. Again, use the App to see if/when the buses are coming.

We did use the Aruba pool one time. Smallish pool but it did the job. Plenty of empty chairs when we went (around 2:30).

We had dinner reservations at some of the other resorts (Contemporary, Boardwalk, Yacht Club) and although we know we could use the bus to get to a park or Disney Springs then either grab another bus or walk to the resorts, we used Lyft instead to save a TON of time and not have to walk in the heat. Lyft to Contemporary was 11.50 (plus tip) and the other two were 5-6 bucks (again, plus tip). But well worth it IMO as we didn't have to deal with buses/walking. Lots of drivers around at all times. Very quick to get a car. But again, only two of us so didn't need to get a big car.

Sorry I can't report on some of the stuff most of us comment or ask about but if you do have any questions, let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter