Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Booking a last minute mid-October stay where CBR is the only affordable option. We stayed there in May 2017 and have no interest in staying again if the food options (besides the tent) are still closed. I see Spyglass is open now which helps. First post says Centertown was set to reopen July 2018 but considering it’s now August is there a new rumored timeline? Thanks!

It's been pushed back to December.

I need to book a moderate for late March early April 2019. At best guess what state will CBR be in by then? Also when were the soft goods last refreshed at CBR? I'm thinking maybe by March 2019 Coronado or CBR will have a lot of the new amenities open by then and trying to choose between the two.

Just booked CBR for the Fall into Magic package which is September 3-8. I have never stayed at CBR. We booked a standard room, prefer to be near at least one of the food options. Could someone make a recommendation?

Last edited:

I am wanting to stay at Caribbean Beach next year but my Mom is worried about there being so many bus stops? We are used to staying at Pop with just one central location. Is the multiple bus stops that bad?

i've searched the entire first page, with links. I thought somewhere on this thread was pictures of the food stations at the buffets. darned if I can find it. anyone know where it is? also, anyone know if the dinner buffet has breaded shrimp or coconut breaded shrimp? thanks

I found it. https://**************.net/2017/06/...bbean-beach-during-its-refurb-updated/#dinner turns out it was on the CBR page on facebook. that day these pics were taken they had curried shrimp.. anyone know if they ever have breaded shrimp (esp coconut)?

ok guys. sorry I guess you can't type in the url. but on FB there is a grioup called Carribbean Beach, and in the upper right is a window with links to various topics.. one being quick service dining at cbr during construction hope that helps anyone

I am at CBR now. I’ve stayed here 8 times with my family. We love this resort!! We are in Jamaica 45, our favorite area! Buses have been good. Only waited 1 time around 35 min. Other times were 0-20 min. Construction noise is not bad. Only hear it when we are by the pool. It’s great to see how much has been done since we were here last July. Lot of painting being done and it looks like the cement will be poured soon for courtyard between OPR and Shutters/Banana Cabana. Can’t wait to see it all done. I will post pictures soon.

Last edited:
I wish I could tell you how to post the pictures because I'm dying to see them!

Hope someone can help you out!

Have a wonderful vacation!!!

I am wanting to stay at Caribbean Beach next year but my Mom is worried about there being so many bus stops? We are used to staying at Pop with just one central location. Is the multiple bus stops that bad?

We're here now in Jamaica 43 and there was one day where the buses to Animal Kingdom were bad and we ended up going to Epcot and getting a bus from there to Animal Kingdom instead. They weren't running separate buses for each side of the resort that day.

We complained and got extra fast passes that work on everything except the high-demand rides (Pandora rides, Toy Story rides, some meet'n' greets) and since that day there have been separate buses for Jamaica/Aruba and a cast member at our bus stop.

So, wherever you stay, if something does go wrong, don't be afraid to bring it to someone's attention.

THis picture from OTPN shows 2 Gondola Towers and one can sort of "picture" what it will be like when the Gondolas are continuously traveling back and forth on the line.

CBR is definitely going to "feel" different-I don't see any way it won't.

upload_2018-8-9_7-46-17.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!