Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

One more question! Did you notice if the fencing was off the Aruba beach?

Thank you so much for making the video- it was extremely informative and helpful! We leave in 18 days!!!

One more question! Did you notice if the fencing was off the Aruba beach?

Thank you so much for making the video- it was extremely informative and helpful! We leave in 18 days!!!
You’re welcome! I didn’t go over to the Aruba beach at all, sorry.

Thank you so much for this video! My DH just got some "surprise" time off, so we were going to try and go to Disneyworld in October, but the only resort that's available on our dates is Caribbean Beach, and I was worried that the construction meant it was a horrible place to stay. We've stayed there one time before, and enjoyed it. Thank you!

My DD is heading to this resort in a couple of weeks. I have never heard of opting out of mousekeeping before & opting for the money instead as may of you have mentioned. Is this something new and how do you do this? Thanks!

My DD is heading to this resort in a couple of weeks. I have never heard of opting out of mousekeeping before & opting for the money instead as may of you have mentioned. Is this something new and how do you do this? Thanks!

On check in day she will have to go to the Front Desk and tell them she would like to opt out of housekeeping. She will get a Gift Card for $10 per night minus the 1st night. So for a 7 night stay she will get $60.

So I haven't stayed at CBR in about 15 years and my DH and I just remember having to walk so far that it turned us off. We are now going back there in 3 weeks with our DS (13, 11) for another try. All your reports are so great, even with the construction, and I'm wondering if I should request an island. We have booked a water view room and the most important feature for my family is to be near the main pool. I would also rather be near the start of the bus loop, rather than the end when it gets full in the morning. I'm curious why so many people on this thread mention Aruba and Jamaica but nobody mentions Martinique. Thoughts?

So I haven't stayed at CBR in about 15 years and my DH and I just remember having to walk so far that it turned us off. We are now going back there in 3 weeks with our DS (13, 11) for another try. All your reports are so great, even with the construction, and I'm wondering if I should request an island. We have booked a water view room and the most important feature for my family is to be near the main pool. I would also rather be near the start of the bus loop, rather than the end when it gets full in the morning. I'm curious why so many people on this thread mention Aruba and Jamaica but nobody mentions Martinique. Thoughts?
Martinique is very small now that they removed some of its buildings. I think it might be preferred rooms only. During my stay last week there were rarely people getting off the bus at Martinique. I don’t think there are a whole lot of people staying there currently.

Martinique is no longer considered preferred during construction. They changed the preferred rooms there to standard view and there are some waterview rooms in Martinique. I was wondering if the walkways from Martinique to the main pool are still under construction

If we book to stay here early Feb 2019, anyone know what can be expected as far as construction? What will be open/closed?

Is Custom House still open? When we were there in January, there was a banner stating that Center Town would be the new location for Checking-In starting in May 2018.

If we book to stay here early Feb 2019, anyone know what can be expected as far as construction? What will be open/closed?

Old Port Royale and Centertown will be open. Skyliner Gondolas should be operating May 2019. Riviera Resort should be done July 2019.

I'm curious why so many people on this thread mention Aruba and Jamaica but nobody mentions Martinique. Thoughts?

Before construction:

Half of Martinique had Preferred, King and Water Views. The other half had Standard, King and Water Views. If someone booked Standard I recommended Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 because they were both closer to Old Port Royale and the Main Feature pool than a Standard room in Martinique.

During construction:

Even with all Martinique now having Standard, King and Water Views it is right next to construction. Most people are looking to be away from the construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!