Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My choice is to always Lyft/Uber when trying to make early morning reservations or RD. But I'm normally running crazy and behind trying to get kiddos and hubby out of the door. :)
Something to consider - with 5 people you will need Uber XL (more expensive at around $15/20 depending) and that won't get you straight to MK for your BOG day. You could use Minnie Van for $25 and it will take you all the way up to MK bus area. May be worth the extra $5-10 for peace of mind and would be a fun treat to start your day!
Thanks-a Minnie Van may be a great option, especially for our BOG reservation as it is later in our trip and may be hard to get out the door early!! Now to convince my husband it is worth the extra $$...lol :). We'll be there in 2 days, so getting crazy excited!

Just wanted to post a little update. We ended up staying in Aruba 5133 (May 22nd-May 30th). It was a really nice walk to the main pool, I loved the location. Honestly, never heard anything. We drove everywhere so no experience with the buses, but minimal issues from the construction. Ate at the food truck once (kids loved the hotdog meals, burger was decent), and the dinner buffet at the tent was "OK". My hair does not like Disney hair products at all, but there were tubes of nice lotion in the bathroom. Overall I don't regret switching from POR to CBR at all!

How far are the rooms at Aruba and Jamaica Buildings to the Food Court area?

Just wanted to post a little update. We ended up staying in Aruba 5133 (May 22nd-May 30th). It was a really nice walk to the main pool, I loved the location. Honestly, never heard anything. We drove everywhere so no experience with the buses, but minimal issues from the construction. Ate at the food truck once (kids loved the hotdog meals, burger was decent), and the dinner buffet at the tent was "OK". My hair does not like Disney hair products at all, but there were tubes of nice lotion in the bathroom. Overall I don't regret switching from POR to CBR at all!

So great to hear another positive report at CBR. My family is actually really excited to try out this resort in less than a month. This is probably the ONLY time we'll stay there but I think we will enjoy it. We will probably be driving often also, plus taking pool and waterpark days/breaks. I'm not so worried about the food, I'm sure I'll find something to eat there or in the parks.

Then you'll either have a view of the leisure pool or the lake. We prefer views of the lake. Plus lake view rooms are closer to the path that goes to the Main Feature Pool.
do you have any lake view room #'s you would suggest? Also is it true all pirate rooms are in building 35 in South Trinidad?Thanks again for the wealth of info

My family and I are booked in a water/pool view for late Aug. 2ad and 3kids. I'm thinking of requesting Trinidad North. Are all the rooms in Trinidad North Preferred? Can I request a water/pool view in Trinidad North? And is there the soda machines in Trinidad North that we can refill our mugs?
I don not have answers but I am sure me and my daughter will see your family around as we are staying in a water view Pirate room from August 26 thru August 30th!

We are due to check in in 4 days time at CBR Pirate room water view.. Im looking at room requests here as Im going to check in..I guess my only requests would be upstairs/downstairs and corner room? This will be our 10th visit to CBR :) cant wait to get back to my happy place

checking into pirate room on June 30th. this will be our first trip to CBR- usually @ Coronado but that resort is getting tiresome.
are the pirate rooms worth the additional charge & how far are the rooms from the quick service and pool?

checking into pirate room on June 30th. this will be our first trip to CBR- usually @ Coronado but that resort is getting tiresome.
are the pirate rooms worth the additional charge & how far are the rooms from the quick service and pool?

The new QS, Spyglass Grill, is right there in the middle of the Pirate Themed rooms. It's located at the leisure pool for Trinidad South, where all the Pirate Themed Rooms are located. So very close! It's been getting rave reviews too! Check out the map in post #1 of this thread to get an idea of where it is.

The new QS, Spyglass Grill, is right there in the middle of the Pirate Themed rooms. It's located at the leisure pool for Trinidad South, where all the Pirate Themed Rooms are located. So very close! It's been getting rave reviews too! Check out the map in post #1 of this thread to get an idea of where it is.
thank you!! we are excited and anxious just hoping this was a better choice lol
Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my daughters favorite movies & she will be turning 7 during this trip so thought this would be a good surprise for her and maybe suit her better since coronado is more adult themed at of all the resorts.

What's the consensus for quietest rooms these days?
The southern part of Aruba / northern part of Jamaica seems a bit insulated from most of the work. South Trinidad seems a far walk, but North Trinidad might be too close to the Centertown construction.

I was initially looking at Aruba 51 or 52, but now I keep hearing about pylon construction between buildings. Are those still good choices?

Thanks!

thank you!! we are excited and anxious just hoping this was a better choice lol
Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my daughters favorite movies & she will be turning 7 during this trip so thought this would be a good surprise for her and maybe suit her better since coronado is more adult themed at of all the resorts.

Here is my report from March. https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ept-up-to-date.3461094/page-438#post-58979684

Spyglass Grill wasn't open when I was there, but definitely a bonus now. Both it and the Trinidad South pool are probably a 2 minute walk from any of the furthest rooms. The main pool is maybe a 10 minute walk from Trinidad South. Your daughter should love the themed room, and good odds once you get there you will decide you made a great choice.

I think we can now safely say that the "CBR Experience" will be much different "Post Disney Skyliner" as compared to "Pre Disney Skyliner"!lol:)

WDWNT
942A798E-2E34-4B73-9B89-ED7D7841AEA0-1200x800.jpeg

32558776-9B23-4F75-8C56-4391B051B967-1200x800.jpeg

I must say- seeing these photos made my heart sink. I REALLY hope Disney adds some "pixie dust" to these poles in the way of greenery or decor that make them less of an eye sore.

CBR has been my family's go-to resort for the 29 years I've been alive. Countless trips here. My parents daily still use the old-school CBR multicolored refillable coffee mugs. My husband and I took our engagement photos here because of my love for the place. Usually at minimum 1 stay per year now that I'm an adult.

I am so hesitant about these changes. I keep trying to be positive because I know Disney always ultimately has a good end-product in mind. Plus, the idea of the gondolas is pretty cool. But these pictures seriously got me down- I hope CBR doesn't change too much in overall experience (even though I know we'll end up paying more $$ to stay there once the gondola is operating!) ughhh
Sincerely,
-Sad CBR lifer

Last edited:
Here is my report from March. https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ept-up-to-date.3461094/page-438#post-58979684

Spyglass Grill wasn't open when I was there, but definitely a bonus now. Both it and the Trinidad South pool are probably a 2 minute walk from any of the furthest rooms. The main pool is maybe a 10 minute walk from Trinidad South. Your daughter should love the themed room, and good odds once you get there you will decide you made a great choice.

thank you for the update.. based on this discussion topic it seems like it will be a good choice.
My husband and I had our honey moon at coronado springs so it was fine for just the two of us, plus it had a gym and we spent a lot more time at the resort when it was just him and I, but with my 6 year old we do a lot more parks and appreciate the themed rooms for her.
we did riverside a couple years ago, same anxiety but we also loved that resort.

We are considering this resort for a quick 2 night stay 9/26=9/28. What will the status of the renovations be at that time? Mostly looking for a renovated room and open food court. Thanks!

We are considering this resort for a quick 2 night stay 9/26=9/28. What will the status of the renovations be at that time? Mostly looking for a renovated room and open food court. Thanks!
Rooms are not being renovated. Food court likely not open until later I the year.

Room renovations were completed 2 years ago. The food court, arcade, shop, etc should be completed in December. The Skyliner Gondolas and the Riviera Resort tower should be completed Summer 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!