Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We were over at CBR the other day and Spyglass is really coming along-they are shooting for a March open.:)

25972037868_104693c320_h.jpg
I'm sorry..but what is Spyglass ?

I'm sorry..but what is Spyglass ?

Given that it’s being built at Trinidad South, I’m guessing it’s one of them little telescope thingys pirates might use, or, if that wasn’t the question.... it’s a new quick service restaurant being built at Trinidad South

We are arriving Saturday and was going to plan to hang at the resort Saturday and Sunday since we have weekday passes. Sunday is showing rain all day, what should we do that day. Am I correct to assume there isn't a arcade at the resort currently?

We are arriving Saturday and was going to plan to hang at the resort Saturday and Sunday since we have weekday passes. Sunday is showing rain all day, what should we do that day. Am I correct to assume there isn't a arcade at the resort currently?

Shopping/eating/drinking at Downtown Disney
(Still can’t bring myself to call it Disney Springs)

See a movie or bowl at Disney Springs? Another fun thing to do is to visit the resorts on the monorail loop. Hop a bus to the TTC, then transfer to the resorts monorail. Enjoy a counter serve meal somewhere, grab a dole whip and watch the sunset ceremony at the Poly, listen the to fabulous live music at the GF, and watch the monorails come and go from inside the Contemporary. My kids loved riding the Epcot/TTC monorail loop round trip.

When will the foodcourt re-open? I know there is a food tent a few quick service locations in what was guest rooms. We stayed last June when this just started, but would like to know how things will look this coming June at CBR. I'm thinking about making a trip and staying here again!

When will the foodcourt re-open? I know there is a food tent a few quick service locations in what was guest rooms. We stayed last June when this just started, but would like to know how things will look this coming June at CBR. I'm thinking about making a trip and staying here again!

From Post #1

Although there has been no official word on when construction will be complete, @dansdad provided the following per rumors that many are hearing:

New dining and Old Port Royal, July 2018. The Skyliner Gondola system, Spring 2019. The new DVC resort, Fall 2019

From Post #1

Although there has been no official word on when construction will be complete, @dansdad provided the following per rumors that many are hearing:

New dining and Old Port Royal, July 2018. The Skyliner Gondola system, Spring 2019. The new DVC resort, Fall 2019

Thank you so much! I was so hoping it would be ready in June! :)

I stayed at CBR Jan 7-14. Overall, construction wasn't too bad. It probably depends on the village that you are in. We were in Aruba 55. We had a great corner room with the extra window and a pull down bed. There were only three of us, so we each had our own bed. We were right next to major construction, but couldn't see it at all for the foliage and fences. One morning there was loud banging starting at 9am but it only lasted about 30 minutes. Other than that, we barely heard the construction at all. Of course you can see the construction of Port Royale but it didn't ruin the beauty of the resort for us. We were right around the corner from an island market. We didn't end up buying the mugs because coffee and tea are free during construction and we don't drink soda. The cast member who checked us in said not to bother buying the mugs. The island market was wonderful, the workers were so friendly, they remembered my daughter's name when we went in every morning. We didn't buy any prepared food there, but we used the microwave for easy mac a few time and my daughter loved the cupcakes. I actually prefer having the closer island markets than a central hub with all of the food and beverage choices. Walking to the central area at Coronado Springs for coffee each morning was a huge pain when we stayed there.

The pool area is still fabulous. Though they have permanently closed the hot tub closest to Port Royale. It was open at the beginning of the week, thank goodness because the marathoners were overloaded in the hot tubs. The lifeguard told us that it is closing to make room for an expanded pool bar. She said that bars make money, hot tubs don't. Plus, it's the only moderate with more than one hot tub. She said she was told that only deluxe resort will have deluxe amenities, such as more than one hot tub. She seemed a little disgruntled with Disney, very nice to us though. The weather was a little cold early in the week and the pools were around 80 degrees. It was warm enough to swim but pretty chilly getting out of the water. They are still doing the character pool parties with Donald, Minnie and Goofy. My daughter absolutely LOVED that. It's a really great experience, they play games with the kids, there's music, really fun. We spent lots of money on character dining and her favorite interaction that week was the free pool party! I think they do them three times per week. We caught one on Sunday and Thursday.

Food choices are pretty limited. We didn't eat at the buffet, we checked it out and weren't too inspired by the choices, so we used the food truck options. I think the buffet would be a very good deal if you are on the dining plan, as it is only a quick service credit. Out of pocket, I didn't think it was worth the cost. My mother had a burger from one food truck and we both had gyros (regular and falafel) from the other. My mom said both were good, the gyros were the better option (the gyro truck leaves at three, so hustle over there if you want to try them). Plus the gyro truck has french fries. With the burgers you have to choose mac n' cheese (was not good) or rice (alright). Also, there are absolutely no vegetarian options at the food truck in the evening. As a vegetarian, my only options were to order sides of mac n' cheese or rice. The service was slow everywhere. We waited ten minutes for the burger and over twenty for the gyros. We also ordered pizza one night, it's a pretty large pizza for the price and all three of us agreed it was probably the best dining choice at CBR right now.

Buses were fine. We were at the last bus stop and always got on the first bus to stop. They ran frequently. Of course, leaving the parks at the end of the evening was a lengthy wait, but I think that is true of all resorts. Pop and AoA lines were crazy long. We felt lucky to be in the CBR line.

The only complaint we ever had was that housekeeping didn't give us fresh toiletries the first three days. We thought that maybe it was because we left the toiletries out, so the second day, we put them in our suitcase. They still didn't give us fresh for the next two days, so we ran completely out of shampoo and ended up having to call to ask for shampoo. They came and left a huge bag full of toiletries, I think 13 of each item! Of course, there's no way we were taking those back on the plane, so we ended up leaving most of them in the room. I hope that they can still use them.

Overall, it still a beautiful and relaxing resort. I wholeheartedly choose it over Coronado Springs, even with the construction. I'm glad we got to stay here before the skyliners open and the construction finishes, as I fear the prices may become astronomical upon completion.

We will be there in just 8 days! Does anyone know or have experience with the quick service dining plan and the alcoholic drink options to go with it at the resort? We will be eating at the resort for breakfast one day and maybe lunch another day and I was just curious what the alcoholic beverage options are. TIA!

We check in late tonight. Aruba 53. Does that seem okay? Stayed twice at CBR since construction started but not with DH. First time with him and 2 rooms so I want it to be nice.

Also in the island markets I have read the coffee is free. Can we just bring in our travel mugs (contigo) and fill them up there? Thanks!

Hi Everybody,
I'm headed to CBR the first week of May. I was planning on requesting Jamaica, but I just read on another site that construction has begun at Jamaica for something related to the Gondala system. Does anybody know anything about how this might effect the Jamaica buildings? I assume if it's related to the Gondala it won't be completed until 2019? Anybody have any insights about this?

I stayed at CBR Jan 7-14. Overall, construction wasn't too bad. It probably depends on the village that you are in. We were in Aruba 55. We had a great corner room with the extra window and a pull down bed. There were only three of us, so we each had our own bed. We were right next to major construction, but couldn't see it at all for the foliage and fences. One morning there was loud banging starting at 9am but it only lasted about 30 minutes. Other than that, we barely heard the construction at all. Of course you can see the construction of Port Royale but it didn't ruin the beauty of the resort for us. We were right around the corner from an island market. We didn't end up buying the mugs because coffee and tea are free during construction and we don't drink soda. The cast member who checked us in said not to bother buying the mugs. The island market was wonderful, the workers were so friendly, they remembered my daughter's name when we went in every morning. We didn't buy any prepared food there, but we used the microwave for easy mac a few time and my daughter loved the cupcakes. I actually prefer having the closer island markets than a central hub with all of the food and beverage choices. Walking to the central area at Coronado Springs for coffee each morning was a huge pain when we stayed there.

The pool area is still fabulous. Though they have permanently closed the hot tub closest to Port Royale. It was open at the beginning of the week, thank goodness because the marathoners were overloaded in the hot tubs. The lifeguard told us that it is closing to make room for an expanded pool bar. She said that bars make money, hot tubs don't. Plus, it's the only moderate with more than one hot tub. She said she was told that only deluxe resort will have deluxe amenities, such as more than one hot tub. She seemed a little disgruntled with Disney, very nice to us though. The weather was a little cold early in the week and the pools were around 80 degrees. It was warm enough to swim but pretty chilly getting out of the water. They are still doing the character pool parties with Donald, Minnie and Goofy. My daughter absolutely LOVED that. It's a really great experience, they play games with the kids, there's music, really fun. We spent lots of money on character dining and her favorite interaction that week was the free pool party! I think they do them three times per week. We caught one on Sunday and Thursday.

Food choices are pretty limited. We didn't eat at the buffet, we checked it out and weren't too inspired by the choices, so we used the food truck options. I think the buffet would be a very good deal if you are on the dining plan, as it is only a quick service credit. Out of pocket, I didn't think it was worth the cost. My mother had a burger from one food truck and we both had gyros (regular and falafel) from the other. My mom said both were good, the gyros were the better option (the gyro truck leaves at three, so hustle over there if you want to try them). Plus the gyro truck has french fries. With the burgers you have to choose mac n' cheese (was not good) or rice (alright). Also, there are absolutely no vegetarian options at the food truck in the evening. As a vegetarian, my only options were to order sides of mac n' cheese or rice. The service was slow everywhere. We waited ten minutes for the burger and over twenty for the gyros. We also ordered pizza one night, it's a pretty large pizza for the price and all three of us agreed it was probably the best dining choice at CBR right now.

Buses were fine. We were at the last bus stop and always got on the first bus to stop. They ran frequently. Of course, leaving the parks at the end of the evening was a lengthy wait, but I think that is true of all resorts. Pop and AoA lines were crazy long. We felt lucky to be in the CBR line.

The only complaint we ever had was that housekeeping didn't give us fresh toiletries the first three days. We thought that maybe it was because we left the toiletries out, so the second day, we put them in our suitcase. They still didn't give us fresh for the next two days, so we ran completely out of shampoo and ended up having to call to ask for shampoo. They came and left a huge bag full of toiletries, I think 13 of each item! Of course, there's no way we were taking those back on the plane, so we ended up leaving most of them in the room. I hope that they can still use them.

Overall, it still a beautiful and relaxing resort. I wholeheartedly choose it over Coronado Springs, even with the construction. I'm glad we got to stay here before the skyliners open and the construction finishes, as I fear the prices may become astronomical upon completion.

Is there a routine time the characters appear?

Hi Everybody,
I'm headed to CBR the first week of May. I was planning on requesting Jamaica, but I just read on another site that construction has begun at Jamaica for something related to the Gondala system. Does anybody know anything about how this might effect the Jamaica buildings? I assume if it's related to the Gondala it won't be completed until 2019? Anybody have any insights about this?

That’s the first I’ve heard of it..... given that I’ve requested Jamaica for April I’d like to know as well.... it would be helpful if you’d linked to the other site so we can see what’s being said by whom......
If you’re referring to the touristblog site where they refer to a Gondola station near Jamaica rather than in it, then yes, but I’m guessing (and hoping) it’ll be no more obtrusive than the rest of the construction.

6849C7E8-7BB9-49DE-BC7B-6785C619F64A.jpeg 008E1B16-8685-405D-8954-DB0149DAFD7B.jpeg

Last edited:
A few questions for our upcoming trip in March:
1. The Island markets are rooms that were converted to little shops right?
2. Did I read that the coffee if free at them right now? Isn't there coffee in the room for free too?
3. We'll be bringing along some breakfasty things to eat in the room. Does the Island market have a microwave that guests can use...or do you have to buy items from them to use it? Also, do they have toasters at the Island markets?
4. Any suggestions for what to eat on our arrival night. Our flight gets in at 7pm and we're taking DME. Some options: eat at the airport before leaving the terminal, order pizza in the room, Disney Springs...is there anything CS open at Disney Springs around 9-10 pm or at the resort at that time?

A few questions for our upcoming trip in March:
1. The Island markets are rooms that were converted to little shops right?
2. Did I read that the coffee if free at them right now? Isn't there coffee in the room for free too?
3. We'll be bringing along some breakfasty things to eat in the room. Does the Island market have a microwave that guests can use...or do you have to buy items from them to use it? Also, do they have toasters at the Island markets?
4. Any suggestions for what to eat on our arrival night. Our flight gets in at 7pm and we're taking DME. Some options: eat at the airport before leaving the terminal, order pizza in the room, Disney Springs...is there anything CS open at Disney Springs around 9-10 pm or at the resort at that time?

1. Yes, three guest rooms have been converted to Island Markets: Martinique 2509, Jamaica 4308, and Aruba 5524.
2 images of the coffee station by the food tent show cups, covers and coffee urns with no visiblemeans of taking payment or scanning rfid cups, I’d guess it’s free, unless it’s expected that only those paying for meals use them. Someone else may be able to answer definitively.
3. Yes they have microwaves and, I believe, the food tent as well. I don’t think there are toasters in the island markets but I think someone has mentioned here that there are in the tent.
4. I personally wouldn’t eat at the airport cos I expect it’ll cost a lot, in room pizza, I wouldn’t but others will have commented, there will definitely be CS open beyond 9pm at Downtown Disney Springs.

Check the below link for some useful info and pictures, and the MDE app will provide opening times for the Disney Springs restaurants.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...ch-resort-dining-options-during-construction/

Can't help with the rest but... I wouldn't eat at the airport. Nothing there is particularly good and it is seriously overpriced. There will still be lots open at Disney Springs at 9-10 p.m. I know Cookes of Dublin is open really late because we've eaten there around 11 or midnight in the past, and it wasn't the only place open at the time.

Personally my family doesn't care for Disney pizza, but we've ordered from Giordanos (offsite) to have it delivered to our resort in the past and that worked out really well. They do a pretty good Chicago style pizza with the usual add-ons available, and are vastly better than what passes for pizza at WDW resorts.

Something else you might want to consider is Ubering to another resort that has a lounge or food court that looks good. It wouldn't be as much travel time or walking as going to Disney Springs, which might be nice after a long travel day, and from CBR you're pretty close to a few good options - the lounges at POFQ and POR are nice if you're not on the dining plan and serve food until 11 p.m., the Art of Animation food court is one of Disney's best, and there are a couple of options around the Boardwalk that don't require ADRs to have a decent late-evening meal.

I think this depends on your family. I know for me, I would definitely eat at the airport. I think there are a lot of good options and everyone can get what they want. Most importantly, it would be well worth the little bit of extra money because my family hungry equals my family grumpy, and I wouldn't want to spend my first night in Disney with them hungry looking for somewhere to eat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!