Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, we have a split stay in May, 3 nights at CBR then moving over to the BC for 11 nights. Will we be able to request that our luggage be moved over the the BC for us or will we have to do it ourselves?

Also we will have a prefered location room, which islands would this cover and is there a better one to choose, we will have no park tickets for these nights so we will be doing Disney Springs and spending time around the main pool.

Thanks x

You can arrange for your bags to be taken to Beach Club for you. Bell Services can take care of it for you. You can either call down to Bell Services and have them come pick them up or you can take them to Bell Services yourself if you have a car. They will place barcode stickers on your luggage and then give you a slip to pick them up when you arrive at Beach Club. Once at Beach Club, you can either pick up your luggage or you can call them from your room and they will bring it to you.

Trinidad North is the preferred location at this time.

You can arrange for your bags to be taken to Beach Club for you. Bell Services can take care of it for you. You can either call down to Bell Services and have them come pick them up or you can take them to Bell Services yourself if you have a car. They will place barcode stickers on your luggage and then give you a slip to pick them up when you arrive at Beach Club. Once at Beach Club, you can either pick up your luggage or you can call them from your room and they will bring it to you.

Trinidad North is the preferred location at this time.

Thank you very much for this. We do have a car but don't think all the luggage would fit in!!! Coming from the UK for 2 weeks we have alot of luggage lol. This makes life alot easier. And thanks for the location recommendation. X

Thank you very much for this. We do have a car but don't think all the luggage would fit in!!! Coming from the UK for 2 weeks we have alot of luggage lol. This makes life alot easier. And thanks for the location recommendation. X

You are welcome! Bell services will be happy to help you make your resort change.

We have stayed at CBR may of times and POFQ once. Until the construction started, CBR has always been our favorite mod by a landslide. We booked a river view room at POFQ to avoid the construction noise, and are now second guessing our decision. We plan on taking breaks by a quiet pool on several afternoons and want to avoid the construction noises while relaxing. We are not on the dining plan, and we do not plan on eating at the resort very often, if at all. If we switch our reservation from POFQ to CBR for our stay, we will save around $550. Is it worth the switch?

We were having a similar dilemma. We had reservations at CBR, but starting looking around(including off-site) because of the construction. We could have gotten a room at POR for about $450 more for the week or an larger off-site place for an equal amount(when we factored in parking, car rental, etc.). In the end, we've decided to stick with CBR. We've stayed there a few times in the past and don't eat at the resort very much at all. We're just trying to plan it so that we won't be relying on dining at the resort...bringing some breakfasty items in an extra suitcase(Southwest, so get 2 checked bags per person) and we have lunches and dinners planned at either other resorts or the parks. We're hoping for a room in Jamaica. It looks like that isn't effected as much as other areas and we like that area the best anyways. I did see a you tube video that talked about how construction is affecting Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. That video might be helpful for some people trying to decide. We opted to save the money(we'll find out soon if that was a good decision). Rooms are expensive enough and "we're not buying the place" is what we always wind up saying! Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:

You are welcome! Bell services will be happy to help you make your resort change.

Me again, sorry!
I'm just looking at the map and room descriptions. If I was to book standard, would that be Aruba and Jamaica with Trinidad south being all pirate rooms? I may save some money and just book standard if thats right? I just didn't want to be in Trinidad south. X

Me again, sorry!
I'm just looking at the map and room descriptions. If I was to book standard, would that be Aruba and Jamaica with Trinidad south being all pirate rooms? I may save some money and just book standard if thats right? I just didn't want to be in Trinidad south. X

Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique have Standard, King and Water View rooms. Trinidad South only had Pirate Themed rooms. So unless you book a Pirate Themed room you will not be in Trinidad South.

Water View vs Preferred Room for September 2018.

Curious about where Water View rooms might get us vs Preferred Room in Sept 2018. Big concern is being close to main food area, so maybe Preferred is best option. Thanks!

Water View vs Preferred Room for September 2018.

Curious about where Water View rooms might get us vs Preferred Room in Sept 2018. Big concern is being close to main food area, so maybe Preferred is best option. Thanks!

I would go with Water View. They are less $$ and there are a bunch that are under a 4 minute stroll to the food tent and Main Feature pool. There's about 10 of them in Martinique that are as close or even closer than Preferred Rooms in Trinidad North.

What construction will be completed by October 2018? Planning our next vacation and would love to return to my favorite moderate.

What construction will be completed by October 2018? Planning our next vacation and would love to return to my favorite moderate.

Although there has been no official word on when construction will be complete, @dansdad provided the following per rumors that many are hearing:

New dining and Old Port Royal, July 2018. The Skyliner Gondola system, Spring 2019. The new DVC resort, Fall 2019

Any updates about which ice tea (if any) is available in the Freestyle machines?

Assuming the WDW machines have everything available, the full list can be found on this link.

https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/choices/?filter1=New Drinks

There are a total of 15 iced teas shown, all FUZE, 8 diet and 7 fat ones.

There is also a Coca Cola Freestyle phone app that lets you create your own drink mixes, apparently the machines can scan a code that your app creates and the machine will dispense your bespoke drink.
I’m assuming the WDW machines will have full functionality.

DBC1E718-6D4A-477F-BDB1-4E2C8F3CE32A.png 36BC3269-5645-419B-ACB7-7A9AFD20C8B6.png ED5C02CA-D5C1-4DF5-9373-1DAB971BFAE0.png 02039384-9A1B-4E12-8563-0FDC14F88F03.png 7BC3C5C6-45F0-499D-90F7-A14C75C84238.png F56E86C5-16B5-4F12-9C08-178ADBBD9845.png 1A2149BB-4603-4654-B3D9-E917A1274668.png

Last edited:
We were over at CBR the other day and Spyglass is really coming along-they are shooting for a March open.:)

25972037868_104693c320_h.jpg

We were over at CBR the other day and Spyglass is really coming along-they are shooting for a March open.:)

Anyone know what type of food they’ll be serving? Can’t find anything on the interweb other than they’ll have coke freestyle machines

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!