Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Was about 15-20 minute wait to get on the bus back to CBR, from MK tonight. Not too bad, but had to stand. Also had to stand going to MK--we actually got on at Trinidad North instead of TS. Didn't care that we had to stand, but it was a little worse coming back due to tired feet. Looks like they start at Martinique, then on to OPR/Centertown. After that, it's TN and TS. Jamaica and Aruba must come after, but not sure as we don't get that far. On a non CBR note, missed Happily Ever After because we were stuck on Splash Mountain tonight. I've ridden it fifty million times, and this was the first time it was bumper to bumper throughout the entire ride :confused3 We even got stuck near the top of the big hill, then the lights came on. Then we started moving with the lights still on, the lights go off and we're finally thrown into the briar patch. It was actually very funny :rotfl: Never a dull moment :stir:

Last edited:
Our answer to the bold is no, no matter what the deal. Because they are full beds
Never mind about the Pirate room. I searched and searched the disneyworld site and was able to find a King Room for about $300 cheaper. There is practically no rooms available in sept, October, nov except Pirate room or pirate waterview room for Crazy, stupid prices. If a pirate room is all there is you can always book that and troll disneyworld.com and search and you may come up with what you want a lot cheaper.

Gift cards are not based on check in date. You had to book your trip by a certain date. March 19 I think. You can check in any date provided you booked the trip by that date
Well that's a bummer - I booked the last week in March - oh well - thanks for the info

I'll be honest, some of the construction news has had me worried about this trip. But I just watched this video and it has me pumped again.

That does not look bad at all. Thought it looked pretty accurate to what we saw in June too. Better really, considering much of the demolition is done, which is noisy work.
I did find it humorous that he kept mentioning how bad it looked in some areas but really, I never saw much in that video. Either his idea of bad and mine are different or it looks much worse in person than it did in the video. You could barely see the construction in the video. You could see that areas where clear but it didn't appear like a construction zone, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't think it looked too bad. We will be there in about a month and I was getting nervous about noise. Now, I don't feel like that will be such a problem.

Not to mention that it just doesn't make sense! The gift cards were supposed to be a consolation for not having dining/shopping/etc. at the resort. Having to use it on the resort would totally defeat that purpose! How silly!
Besides all this.... check the back of ANY DISNEY GIFT CARD.. on the bottom it says and I quote: "You may use this gift card at select participating locations including: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Disney store and Disney store.com

so there..

I have a question about the $75 a day gift card I got my reservation beginning of March before the deadline date, even have the email about the $75 gift card, I will be going the end of October, No free dinning or $75 room discount. I would like to add one more day to my reservation. Will I lose the $75 Gift Card offer? Or should I just get a new reservation for one single night. Sorry to ask this question I know everyone has been going back and forth about this offer. Just was wondering what everyone else has done and if they have had any success. Thanks

I have a question about the $75 a day gift card I got my reservation beginning of March before the deadline date, even have the email about the $75 gift card, I will be going the end of October, No free dinning or $75 room discount. I would like to add one more day to my reservation. Will I lose the $75 Gift Card offer? Or should I just get a new reservation for one single night. Sorry to ask this question I know everyone has been going back and forth about this offer. Just was wondering what everyone else has done and if they have had any success. Thanks
If you are able to modify your existing reservation you keep your gift card so it is very possible to add a night to an existing reservation and keep the gift card. Just depends on if an extra night is available or not
Typically any new reservation does not get the gift card. So adding a day in a separate reservation for the single night would not get the gift card for that night
There are some instances where GS has to do something to move your existing reservation and they are able to do it so that the gift card can move with it. These are done on case by case basis

AngiTN

Thanks for getting back to me, going to try my luck and try and modify my reservation and add the additional day, first time modifying a reservation, don't want to mess anything up. There are rooms available when I try to just book a night and if I try a new reservation hoping they are available adding a night. We got a better price for airfare by adding a day.

AngiTN

Thanks for getting back to me, going to try my luck and try and modify my reservation and add the additional day, first time modifying a reservation, don't want to mess anything up. There are rooms available when I try to just book a night and if I try a new reservation hoping they are available adding a night. We got a better price for airfare by adding a day.

My understanding is that if you keep the same reservation number you are fine. I added a day and changed room category so I could get the AP discount. Hopefully it will work. I check in Friday. If I don't get the gift card for some reason (all I can think of is modification in April changed the March booking date) Disney will know I am not happy. I don't anticipate a problem though.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't think it looked too bad. We will be there in about a month and I was getting nervous about noise. Now, I don't feel like that will be such a problem.
Not sure what island you're staying in, but we haven't heard any noise at Trinidad South, and to be honest anywhere else. Maybe if we hang out long enough at Centertown or Martinique area, but we haven't really noticed much noise.

Waited all of five minutes for the bus to DHS this morning. Waited all of five minutes for the CBR bus when we were leaving Epcot tonight. Buses have been very efficient. We did wait about 15 minutes last night for the CBR bus leaving MK--but even then not too bad. Gift Card has been paying for most our food (we chose not to pay the room balance with it), maybe they'll reload it :laughing: This construction has bought some decent meals and French bakery goodies popcorn:::dance3:

Called last night to add a day to my reservation, I called the phone number that was on the email they sent me about the $75 gift card. Went right to a CM didn't have to hold or put in all the information just to be asked it all again. CM was very helpful, she reminded me of the March 2? deadline and confirmed all my information, and said she would have to talk to someone. When she got back with me she said I will get the $75 gift card for the added night 6 nights and 6 full days, so I will be in Disney/CBR all day for my Birthday. Just will have to leave the next day at 5:10am for an 8:10am flight.
Love the Disboards. Thanks for getting back to me

Not sure how to quote on here, but major THANK YOU to FBandA for posting your experience on here! I was in the same situation, only with free dining as well. I've been wanting to add an extra day onto my gc/fd package but could only make a separate room only res. But after reading your post, I called the number from my gc email this morning and got an extra day, with the gc and fd!!! Talk about pixie dust...Yahoo!

Not sure how to quote on here, but major THANK YOU to FBandA for posting your experience on here! I was in the same situation, only with free dining as well. I've been wanting to add an extra day onto my gc/fd package but could only make a separate room only res. But after reading your post, I called the number from my gc email this morning and got an extra day, with the gc and fd!!! Talk about pixie dust...Yahoo!

For the life of me I can not find the email about the gift card. Would you mind either posting or messaging me the number you called? My TA just made a separate reservation for the night we added, and as it stands we won't get the extra day GC or FD. I'd love to call and try to see if they could change it. Thank you!!!

For the life of me I can not find the email about the gift card. Would you mind either posting or messaging me the number you called? My TA just made a separate reservation for the night we added, and as it stands we won't get the extra day GC or FD. I'd love to call and try to see if they could change it. Thank you!!!

Here is a cut and paste with the phone numbers...

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your original booking agent.
bullet.gif
For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or disneyworld.com, please call 407-939-1822 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).
bullet.gif
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.
bullet.gif
If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter