Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I was gonna claim the hammock but then remembered I'm in Trinidad South...I'll go find my own hammock there :dance3:

Oh my gosh, that hammock is yours(s)?!? [plural?] I thought it was mine! Anyway, you all can use it for now. It's already into the "too hot to handle" season for this northern boy. I'm more of a November through April kind of guy and besides, we're taking a break while all the construction (CBR and parks) gets done. @mickeystoontown, sorry about your missing out on WDW. Things certainly come up sometimes.

I guess that we can say that the hammock is "jointly owned" between us all.

My life last year read like a book turned into a Lifetime movie. On the day we returned from WDW last June, I received a call that my boss had been found dead. The next day, my husband went to work and they were informed that they were shutting the doors on Thursday of that same week. I lost one of my best friends and a job in one swoop. Thankfully, my husband and I were able to find new jobs but, man, it was a stressful few months. We also lost two very dear family members during that same year. My husband had his seizure meds readjusted. Just a whopping big ol' suckin' year!

We are going to WDW for ten days starting the Thursday before Thanksgiving so if you've been during those times of the year, I'd love some tips. We haven't been during Thanksgiving in 16 years!

"Just a whopping big ol' suckin' year!"

Wow, that says it all, doesn't it?

Our November trips have generally been earlier than Thanksgiving, around the end of Food and Wine in mid-November. I'd imagine the same strategies that work for any crowded time will work then, too. Get to the parks early, take a break at the resort, stay in the parks late with extra magic hours, etc. We were there during Marathon Week this year and found having hoppers with the (then new) express transportation option really paid off. This park getting a bit too crazy? Express over to another one. We did that several times with pretty good results. It saved us tons of travel time when we had dinner reservations in another park, very little waiting and no bag search.

Ugh, we're all booked & I am normally all good with the construction stuff. But then I read people complaining & upset on FB & it shakes my nerves a little bit!

Ugh, we're all booked & I am normally all good with the construction stuff. But then I read people complaining & upset on FB & it shakes my nerves a little bit!
I don't know, for every post I read someone is upset I read that someone is totally unbothered. I'm going with an open mind. It's Disney. It will all work out.
I know they won't work when I'm sleeping. Everything else can be managed.

Yes! We are getting the GC plus free dining, so we're very happy with both of those. It can't be but so bad! I'm trying to stay positive!
No,WITH a $75.00 per night compensation,it is not bad at all.

I REALLY wouldn't want to stay in Martinique right now however because it is "boxed in" by Construction.

Jamaica is a great request during the Construction-no "Construction Walls/Fences" and first stop returning form the Parks!:)

No,WITH a $75.00 per night compensation,it is not bad at all.

I REALLY wouldn't want to stay in Martinique right now however because it is "boxed in" by Construction.

Jamaica is a great request during the Construction-no "Construction Walls/Fences" and first stop returning form the Parks!:)

I'm definitely planning on requesting Jamaica!

If I book a room now for Fourth of July weekend, will I still receive a gift card?

Prior to a couple of days ago I would have said no as you were supposed to have booked by March 20th. But there have been some recent reports of guests that booked after the deadline but were given a Gift Card when they checked in. So in other words, I don't know.

Last edited:
Prior to a couple of days ago I would have said no as you were supposed to have booked by April 20th. But there have been some recent reports of guests that booked after the deadline but were given a Gift Card when they checked in. So in other words, I don't know.

:ssst: (Pssst... March 20, not April)

We are going to WDW for ten days starting the Thursday before Thanksgiving so if you've been during those times of the year, I'd love some tips. We haven't been during Thanksgiving in 16 years!

I would also recommend the express bus went week before Christmas last year. Worked out great. No bag recheck and when one park was crazy we would look and see waits at other parks and head over to park that had less waits. Drop off and pick ups at each park were in great locations. Only thing that could be missed was not going through the main enterance for each park but you could always just walk over there once you get in park. Also got to see different places around disney world always an adventure for me! Heading back to CBR in October will be doing the express again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!