Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone who received the 75 off per night and are still expecting the gift cards I would highly recommend emailing those emails provided that's what I did and I got mine no problem.

I just wanted to update; I emailed with emails that were suggested and attached the emails I had received from WDW guest services and from Caribbean Beach Resort regarding the gift cards. On Wednesday morning I received a call stating that my case had been investigated and though I was erroneously offered gift cards that Disney conceded that it was their error, and that they were going to provide me with the gift card as promised. Thank you to all who offered help and guidance, I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Anyone who received the 75 off per night and are still expecting the gift cards I would highly recommend emailing those emails provided that's what I did and I got mine no problem.

My wife always insists I word an email too strongly. Since Ksweets first mentioned the issues I have been preparing an email "just in case" and I was curious if either of you would be willing to msg me your emails just so I can see how a nicer email sounds that has actually worked.

I just wanted to update; I emailed with emails that were suggested and attached the emails I had received from WDW guest services and from Caribbean Beach Resort regarding the gift cards. On Wednesday morning I received a call stating that my case had been investigated and though I was erroneously offered gift cards that Disney conceded that it was their error, and that they were going to provide me with the gift card as promised. Thank you to all who offered help and guidance, I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Just wondering if you had any other kind of promo booked? I have a free dining bounceback booked & got the $75 off room when they refused to move us. I also got the gift card email. I don't want to email about the gift cards & seem too greedy! Thanks!

Good morning all!

I've updated the first post to include links to the "new" information on the Walt Disney World website regarding the construction and the Centertown Buffet. Each time that I tried to access the menu, Stitch would pop up and say that someone ate the page. I noticed that it says that the Disney Dining Plan is not accepted. I am hoping that someone who is there now or who will be there soon can report back to us whether or not this is true.

**Edited to add: Also included information posted by @WEDWDW to the first post. And the map that @AngiTN used to mark off what buildings are believed to be getting work done or are going away with the construction.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to post updates!

Last edited:
I thought the Buffet was good-I guess my favorite was the Vegetable Frittatas.

You pay for the Buffet outside and get a wristband and then go right inside the tent and if you are getting a Mug Refill you walk on into the tent and go left.

There is no "mugwash" "station" so you'll need to wash out that Mug before heading to Centertown.:)

The Staff at the Buffet was AWESOME-as soon as you finish a plate a CM was there to remove it,as soon as a Guest left a CM was there to clean the table,the CMs would even offer to go refill your Mug for you.:)

CBR did the best they could in trying to "decorate" the tent,but if it walks like a tent and talks like a tent....lol:)

During Lunch,the tent will remain open and Guests can take their Food Truck(it is the "DHS-Themed one)food in there to eat.
Thanks for the update!!!

A wonderful laday one of my facebook groups said we could share her pics from this morning! It's 13.99 for breakfast.
FB_IMG_1494255891165_800x600.jpg

FB_IMG_1494255898255.jpg

The map for CBR on MDE is updated. Barbados, part of Martinique, and OPR are gone.
From this post, is the white rectangle shown near the pool on this the food tent or something else? It's hard to see in this pic but if you zoom way in on the app, there is a food truck there too
If not, where is the tent set up?
I am still trying to figure out where I want to request for our room, we are in Preferred and I'm torn on which village. We won't really be eating at the resort much, maybe grab breakfast a couple mornings, not likely to be much other than that. We will use the pool most days.
I almost think I'd rather have Martinique just so if we did want to run out to grab a beverage we have a quicker short walk to one of the village shops

screenshot_20170505-173456-png.235582

From this post, is the white rectangle shown near the pool on this the food tent or something else? It's hard to see in this pic but if you zoom way in on the app, there is a food truck there too
If not, where is the tent set up?
I am still trying to figure out where I want to request for our room, we are in Preferred and I'm torn on which village. We won't really be eating at the resort much, maybe grab breakfast a couple mornings, not likely to be much other than that. We will use the pool most days.
I almost think I'd rather have Martinique just so if we did want to run out to grab a beverage we have a quicker short walk to one of the village shops

screenshot_20170505-173456-png.235582

I pulled the map up on a laptop and when you zoom in and hover, the white rectangle is listed as "Centertown Buffet" and it is the icon for a bus parked near by but it is listed as "Centertown Food Truck". There is a little fork and knife icon off to the side OPPOSITE the pool labeled as "Centertown Bar".

I wouldn't get too excited about the bar being so far removed from the actual pool just yet though. because the ATM, coin press machine and a few other things are all marked out in the middle of green space that use to be OPR (just haven't been removed yet) so the map is probably still a little bit of a work in progress. :)

I am hoping that whomever edited the map just got a little happy with the "eraser" and that the walkway from Martinique still runs over to the Food Tent and that the road that ran in front of Barbados is still accessible as well!

Last edited:
I pulled the map up on a laptop and when you zoom in and hover, the white rectangle is listed as "Centertown Buffet" and it is the icon for a bus parked near by but it is listed as "Centertown Food Truck". There is a little fork and knife icon off to the side OPPOSITE the pool labeled as "Centertown Bar".

I wouldn't get too excited about the bar being so far removed from the actual pool just yet though. because the ATM, coin press machine and a few other things are all marked out in the middle of green space that use to be OPR (just haven't been removed yet) so the map is probably still a little bit of a work in progress. :)

I am hoping that whomever edited the map just got a little happy with the "eraser" and that the walkway from Martinique still runs over to the Food Tent and that the road that ran in front of Barbados is still accessible as well!
I hope the road that goes towards Aruba is still there too

Was your room discount on top of a general public or AP discount?

Coke Freestyle machine, you program your own beverage vs. picking already mixed selections.
They are very common around here in both restaurants and movie theaters. We've had them for several years
freestyle-fountain-604mk101012-604-337-6cdf8543.jpg

coke_freestyle_menu_large-2.jpg

I have seen some of these freestyle machines that do not offer all the beverages selections. Do the ones at CBR have all the selections?

I have seen some of these freestyle machines that do not offer all the beverages selections. Do the ones at CBR have all the selections?
Good question. The only ones I've ever seen (including the ones at POFQ) had everything. Well, unless one of the syrups had ran out

Hey guys anyone down at CBR now that can tell me how a scooter would do in the buffet tent. From the pic I am worried my mom might have a hard time getting a round looks a little tight. Thanks for the infor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!