Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Add me to the list of folks who stopped paying attention to construction news because we thought it wouldn't impact us... and now I'm looking at a CBR stay over Memorial Day weekend. :rolleyes: I know about the OPR/food situation, but is there anything else starting by then? I lost track of when and where the big tear downs are due to start. I always request a room in Jamaica - think that'll still be okay?

Question for others...last year I used this and requested Martinique. We didn't get our request and ended up at Jamaica which was better in my opinoin. We have never gotten our requests in the past either...how do I make sure we are at Jamaica for this June?
The problem with requesting Martininque is it's probably the most requested village and then when you add in that 3 of the 6 buildings are for preferred booking only. The odds of getting Martinique is much more smaller then anywhere else. We just got back and received both of our requests of ground floor and either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 not facing a parking lot.

Those of you "just back" - were there any signs of construction preparations? Someone earlier had mentioned that work was anticipated shortly in the parking lot to make way for the "bar trailer". I'm trying to get a feel for what (if any) work may be taking place prior to May 1.
Nothing much to speak of when we were there. I did noticed while on the bus some equipment parked at the very back of a couple of parking lots but nothing major as of yet.

So we are doing a split stay and staying 2 nights at CBR and then switching to AoA. We love CBR but the kids want to try a new resort this time around too.
We always stay in Jamaica 46 which I love for the buses and close to the bridge. This time since we will hardly be at the resort do you think I should request Barbados since it is close to the custom house? I am worried about getting the luggage there in the morning we switch resorts when we will be itching to get on the bus I a park. If we stay in Barbados is it close enough we can walk with our luggage to drop it at bell services?
Have never done a resort switch before and I know that getting to the custom house is a pain.
Thanks for any advice!

So we are doing a split stay and staying 2 nights at CBR and then switching to AoA. We love CBR but the kids want to try a new resort this time around too.
We always stay in Jamaica 46 which I love for the buses and close to the bridge. This time since we will hardly be at the resort do you think I should request Barbados since it is close to the custom house? I am worried about getting the luggage there in the morning we switch resorts when we will be itching to get on the bus I a park. If we stay in Barbados is it close enough we can walk with our luggage to drop it at bell services?
Have never done a resort switch before and I know that getting to the custom house is a pain.
Thanks for any advice!

We prefer to have Bell Services come get us and our luggage and drop us off at The Custom House.

We prefer to have Bell Services come get us and our luggage and drop us off at The Custom House.
Does it take a long time for Bell services to come once you call? I know we did that when we had to catch the Magical Express Bus and I remember waiting a while and getting nervous we were going to miss the bus. I know we are going to want to get to the bus for Epcot early.

Does it take a long time for Bell services to come once you call? I know we did that when we had to catch the Magical Express Bus and I remember waiting a while and getting nervous we were going to miss the bus. I know we are going to want to get to the bus for Epcot early.

I always call the night before and tell them what time to be there and they've never been late.

Curious, have you ever stayed anywhere other than CBR? Maybe their track record of requests is not as good? It's all on the assigners and how much effort they want to give to fill requests. I can see where some could be better at that than others
I think one year we stayed at POP and ASMovies but its been mostly CBR for the past 15 years..could be their track record

I received the pre-Vacation CBR "brochure"-there is no "insert" pointing out the closures-a little surprised there isn't.

Curious, have you ever stayed anywhere other than CBR? Maybe their track record of requests is not as good? It's all on the assigners and how much effort they want to give to fill requests. I can see where some could be better at that than others
I've stayed at POP several times... about half the time I get a building I requested... but maybe not the floor..

I received the pre-Vacation CBR "brochure"-there is no "insert" pointing out the closures-a little surprised there isn't.
When POFQ had the temp foodcourt last year we got a seperate letter regarding the situation.

As far as requests go, out of our 10 stays at CBR, we have only made requests the last 7 times or so. The first ones were more important to us as we were going as a family and wanted our kids' (both over 18 at the time) room to be a connecting room with our king bed room. We got that request every time we made it, probably 3 or 4 times. The last few times we either just accepted what we were given and went with the flow or we politely asked for what we wanted. If the CM could do it, we got the change. For example in January we requested Building 56, 2nd floor, facing the parking lot (DW wanted to be able to see the Epcot fireworks from our "balcony"), and a corner room. What we got was first floor in Barbados facing a courtyard. We asked and the super CM we had put us in Building 56, facing the parking lot, second floor, but not a corner room. I call that a win.

Thanks for any advice!

When are you staying? I believe most if not all of Barbados is being torn down as part of the construction going on. However, if it is still available during your stay, it is very close (basically across the parking lot) from Custom House. If you are a fast walker, you could get to Custom House and back to the village bus stop in less than 20 minutes as I don't think the park buses stop at Custom House. :)

Those of you "just back" - were there any signs of construction preparations? Someone earlier had mentioned that work was anticipated shortly in the parking lot to make way for the "bar trailer". I'm trying to get a feel for what (if any) work may be taking place prior to May 1.
Honestly, if there was, I didn't see it....I wasn't actively looking for any construction either, but I did not see or hear anything. We also didn't have a car and used the ME and buses to get to and from the parks.

Hi all. We are here now. I took a look around and there is one trailer outside in the parking lot near building 26 and another to the right side of Old Port. Both are back by the main road and not in the way. Wouldn't have noticed them if I wasn't looking. Between M25 and M26 there is a fenced off area with two tall digger cranes. Noticeable but nothing going on. There is also a small fenced off section between the two walkways that lead to the M bus stop from M24.

I haven't checked any other sections.

Walking around inside around the lake? Can't notice a thing.

Oh and as far as requests, I only added "Ground floor, Martinique" to my online check-in 30 days out and got both. No fax or email. I did pay for a preferred room though. Mainly just as a guarantee to not be near the thousands of high school sports teams down for spring break (I know they don't pay preferred rates.) They all seem to be in Barbados (my daughters team is there too) so if you are going in the next few weeks, avoid that section at all costs.

Thanks for all the construction updates! We have 24 days to go and I can't wait! I only requested ground floor through online check in I think. I have a Touring Plans fax set to go out for Trinidad North in hopes we'll be away from any construction and it sounds like that might be wise. I guess I'll wait and see. We have a preferred room so we are limited to areas to request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter