Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

You will receive a separate email about the GCs, it's normal for none of your confirmation details to show it.

Nobody knows if you'll be able to stack a discount on top of the GCs. But that's probably a moot point because as of today, CBR will not be included in any discounts for the remainder of 2017.
thanks! my CBR reservation is for april of 2018. the cutoff for the GC was June 2018. I know 2018 package prices aren't out yet. and I assume room rack rates will go up in 2018 also.. but my confirmation has room rates and a total: $2664 for 10 nights starting april 18, 2018 king bed. the CM worked really hard for me to get me the best deal, I'm not sure if this is an AP discount (I hve the vouchers in my My Disney Experience account)or if she said to keep an eye out for AP discounts. but she assured me I'll get the $75 gift cards.
can (or will) disney change the price of my reservation when rates go up in 2018 even though I have a confirmation?

thanks! my CBR reservation is for april of 2018. the cutoff for the GC was June 2018. I know 2018 package prices aren't out yet. and I assume room rack rates will go up in 2018 also.. but my confirmation has room rates and a total: $2664 for 10 nights starting april 18, 2018 king bed. the CM worked really hard for me to get me the best deal, I'm not sure if this is an AP discount (I hve the vouchers in my My Disney Experience account)or if she said to keep an eye out for AP discounts. but she assured me I'll get the $75 gift cards.
can (or will) disney change the price of my reservation when rates go up in 2018 even though I have a confirmation?
That is right for rack rate based on this years rates. No discount on that total. Current AP rates don't extend out that far
I haven't ever booked so far out but it's my understanding that rates are not locked in, only estimates, until they are. No idea what any confirmation says though. I'd think somewhere it mentions that

Just as @AngiTN stated, that's right about rack rates. Once the 2018 rates come out, your balance will be adjusted.

We leave in 2 days and are really excited. We are arriving to the resort around 2pm by Magical Express and I have a few questions. We have never been at CBR and this whole Customs House in a different place than the main area of the resort is strange to me.

When we get dropped off at Customs House, do we bypass regular check-in or not? This is the first time we decided to use online check-in so I am not really sure how it works. We have a preferred room and I put two requests (ground, Martinique) but I honestly don't care what we get. We will have our luggage with us so just not sure if bell services keeps it there whether our room is ready or not.

Also, we want to order the express bus passes. Is the Customs House the only place with resort concierge to help with this? If so I rather do it then so that we won't have to walk back there.

Last edited:
We leave in 2 days and are really excited. We are arriving to the resort around 2pm by Magical Express and I have a few questions. We have never been at CBR and this whole Customs House in a different place than the main area of the resort is strange to me..

It was strange to us at first but now has become one of the things we love about CBR. It really keeps the congestion down at the food court, gift shop, arcade, etc when people arriving and waiting to leave are not near those things. Once we check in we have never had to go to the Custom House until we check out. Then Bell Services takes us and our luggage there to check out.

When we get dropped off at Customs House, do we bypass regular check-in or not? This is the first time we decided to use online check-in so I am not really sure how it works.

Maybe, maybe not. Some people will get a text with their room number and some will not. Nobody can figure out how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who does not. So you may have to stop by the Online Check In desk.

We have a preferred room and I put two requests (ground, Martinique) but I honestly don't care what we get. We will have our luggage with us so just not sure if bell services keeps it there whether our room is ready or not.

Bell Services can keep your carry ons if your room is not ready and you want to hit the pool or the parks. The Magical Express people will deliver your checked luggage to your room once it's ready.

Also, we want to order the express bus passes. Is the Customs House the only place with resort concierge to help with this? If so I rather do it then so that we won't have to walk back there.

There is a Concierge desk at OPR so no need to go to the Custom House. The Concierge desk at OPR can do everything the front desk can do except check you in or out.

- California Grill with a fireworks view of Wishes (there is a dress code here though). .
You can also just go to the California Grill lounge... no dress code... grab a nice glass of wine or two and maybe a small plate of food and relax on those comfy chairs.. at Wishes time you have a bird's eye view and they let you go out side to view and photograph.. It was one of our most enjoyable evenings.

Sorry for the silly question.. Going to CBR in September and my group wants to have a place to play boardgames. Will there still be indoor tables to do that since it will be under construction?

Sorry for the silly question.. Going to CBR in September and my group wants to have a place to play boardgames. Will there still be indoor tables to do that since it will be under construction?

Not a silly question at all. Unfortunately, we won't know until end of August or so as to the condition of OPR in September.

Can I ask a general question based off of this post I am quoting above? Too lazy to read back really far but I am also going in April 2018. Do we have a good idea as to what the condition of the resort will be in 13 months with respect to construction, etc? Dansdad? (ps - Dansdad, coming to Chicago in a few weeks for some games at the United Center)

Can I ask a general question based off of this post I am quoting above? Too lazy to read back really far but I am also going in April 2018. Do we have a good idea as to what the condition of the resort will be in 13 months with respect to construction, etc? Dansdad? (ps - Dansdad, coming to Chicago in a few weeks for some games at the United Center)

Madame Leota's crystal ball is not quite clear on this.... 13 months is a little far out to estimate any construction project. So much will depend on the weather and other factors that are beyond the control of the construction crew. People will have a better idea closer to that date.

With the removal of 9 buildings and therefore less guests, the busses will be less crowded.

You may have talked about this before, but what's going on with the removal of 9 buildings? How many buildings do they have total? Are you expecting no FD at CBR this year?

mforschler@ochsner.org
If I understand it correctly, the gift shop will be closed during the construction? If so, will they have an alternate site for souvenirs/merchandise?

My daughter is wondering this, too. On our first trip as a family in 2014 she fell in love with a stuffed animal in the gift shop on day one, but I made her wait to buy it until she was sure. It was fun for her to say hi to Wheezy every day until she had convinced me he was the one. I hope she has somewhere to browse!

It was strange to us at first but now has become one of the things we love about CBR. It really keeps the congestion down at the food court, gift shop, arcade, etc when people arriving and waiting to leave are not near those things. Once we check in we have never had to go to the Custom House until we check out. Then Bell Services takes us and our luggage there to check out.

Maybe, maybe not. Some people will get a text with their room number and some will not. Nobody can figure out how they decide who gets to Bypass The Front Desk and who does not. So you may have to stop by the Online Check In desk.

Bell Services can keep your carry ons if your room is not ready and you want to hit the pool or the parks. The Magical Express people will deliver your checked luggage to your room once it's ready.

There is a Concierge desk at OPR so no need to go to the Custom House. The Concierge desk at OPR can do everything the front desk can do except check you in or out.

I never thought about the congestion keeping them separate. I like that - thanks for all the info!!

You will receive a separate email about the GCs, it's normal for none of your confirmation details to show it.

Nobody knows if you'll be able to stack a discount on top of the GCs. But that's probably a moot point because as of today, CBR will not be included in any discounts for the remainder of 2017.

Hi! I'm just curious how you found out there will be no discounts for CBR for the remainder of 2017? It makes me think we should change our resort...

I received the $75 per day gift card email! only 2 days after making the reservation.. I imagine they are "catching up" now, since the 19th was the deadline.

Last edited:
I got in on the gift card offer for 2 reservations on the 17th with no email, but not too worried yet. We do want to increase the number of days on the tickets we added to the MYW package. Can this be done without the original reservation being issued a new confirmation number and changing the booking date? I wouldn't want a change like that to affect us getting the gift cards as the new date would be after the end of the promotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter