Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Not a construction related question. We are booked in a king room for our April stay. Are there any king corner rooms? When we stayed there last month we had a (standard) corner room and we loved having 2 windows.

Thanks!

I just booked for my September trip so not to miss out on the gift cards and it no longer says anything about the gift cards on the site. I called Disney after booking to confirm I'd be getting them and the lady I spoke to said yes, but definitely wasn't as confident as I would have liked. She told me I'd be receiving more information later and that I should download the My Disney Experience App for more information on Disney World (wow, thanks!). So now I'm worried I won't get them, but it is before the 19th!

Not a construction related question. We are booked in a king room for our April stay. Are there any king corner rooms? When we stayed there last month we had a (standard) corner room and we loved having 2 windows.

Thanks!

Never mind, I found the answer to my own question by searching Google images. Yes, there are king corner rooms!

Hi Everyone, I am sorry if I am asking a repeat question but DH and I are trying to decide on where to stay for our Anniversary in June. We had looked at CBR but now see that all of the restaurants and the pool bar will be closed. Does anyone know what the options will be for both food and adult beverages?

When did you make your room requests? I am going in October and have 3 rooms reservations and would like to be close together.
We made our room requests when we first completed our booking...so I would call back (if you haven't already) and ask them to link the 3 reservations together. That will let them know that you are all travelling together. Then 5 days before, we sent in a fax to CBR stating again that we were travelling together and what our requests were, in order of preference. Here's hoping it works out for you!! Good luck!

Piggybacking, anyone use a TA and had the email go to you or the TA?
Yes, I'm grasping at straws!

I am the TA who booked my reservation (yes -- an actual travel agent not just playing the part) and I have not gotten an email in either my personal account or business account. I booked in October for our trip in May then added a reservation for my parents who decided to join us in January. I haven't gotten an email for either reservation.

I am the TA who booked my reservation (yes -- an actual travel agent not just playing the part) and I have not gotten an email in either my personal account or business account. I booked in October for our trip in May then added a reservation for my parents who decided to join us in January. I haven't gotten an email for either reservation.
Thank you! Here's hoping everything goes well whatever that entails, we'll be at WDW!

We'll be arriving at CBR in the early afternoon with currently no evening plans. Since we'll have a $75 gift card to blow, I figured it would be a good chance to hop on the bus and check out another hotel for food and a walk. Does anyone have any recommendations for where we should check out? We have reservations at Ohana later in the week and a planned evening for Disney Springs, so we can scratch those off the list. Any hotels that are just fun to explore and have good eats?

We'll be arriving at CBR in the early afternoon with currently no evening plans. Since we'll have a $75 gift card to blow, I figured it would be a good chance to hop on the bus and check out another hotel for food and a walk. Does anyone have any recommendations for where we should check out? We have reservations at Ohana later in the week and a planned evening for Disney Springs, so we can scratch those off the list. Any hotels that are just fun to explore and have good eats?

There are soooooo many options!!! If you are looking for a good and funny character meal the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) are a hoot! For a more "natural" experience, Saana at Kidani Village overlooking the Savana. For an upscale experience with a Disney flair -- California Grill with a fireworks view of Wishes (there is a dress code here though). For a more adult experience -- go over to the Boardwalk and check out the fine eateries there with a stop in Jelly Rolls for a nice beverage and stroll along enjoying various venues.

You may want to hop over to the Restaurant board for even more great ideas.

Hi Everyone, I am sorry if I am asking a repeat question but DH and I are trying to decide on where to stay for our Anniversary in June. We had looked at CBR but now see that all of the restaurants and the pool bar will be closed. Does anyone know what the options will be for both food and adult beverages?
They will have grab and go stations in all the villages plus an AC tent with buffet style food served also they will be setting up a makeshift bar at the back of the main pool, hope this helps :)

There are soooooo many options!!! If you are looking for a good and funny character meal the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) are a hoot! For a more "natural" experience, Saana at Kidani Village overlooking the Savana. For an upscale experience with a Disney flair -- California Grill with a fireworks view of Wishes (there is a dress code here though). For a more adult experience -- go over to the Boardwalk and check out the fine eateries there with a stop in Jelly Rolls for a nice beverage and stroll along enjoying various venues.

You may want to hop over to the Restaurant board for even more great ideas.

Mucho-appreciated! Now I'm torn between the Savanna and the Boardwalk. I'll check out the Restaurant board and do some more sleuthing. Cheers.

last night I was able to book CBR (room only, not a package) for april 2018 with the gift card offer. apparently yesterday the 19th) was the last day to do this. I received the confirmation email and nowhere does it mention this. thwe very wonderful CM assured me it was included, but might not beon the confirmation. so does everyone receive that special email later? or do I just go and hope and pray that i get the gift cards? (I did link the reservation to the my disney experience account. and, yes, that is the main reason I booked it honestly.. otherwise we would go with a smaller resort (we will be at FQ in the fall) since there are mobility issues.
also, I have heard dif. opinions on if you can later apply a room only or AP discount if they come out and still keep the gift cards or if that is double dipping. I heard that to apply a discount they actually cancel the current reservation and make a new one (even tho it has the same number) and in so doing, the gift card offer goes bye-bye. anyone know? thanks!

last night I was able to book CBR (room only, not a package) for april 2018 with the gift card offer. apparently yesterday the 19th) was the last day to do this. I received the confirmation email and nowhere does it mention this. thwe very wonderful CM assured me it was included, but might not beon the confirmation. so does everyone receive that special email later? or do I just go and hope and pray that i get the gift cards? (I did link the reservation to the my disney experience account. and, yes, that is the main reason I booked it honestly.. otherwise we would go with a smaller resort (we will be at FQ in the fall) since there are mobility issues.
also, I have heard dif. opinions on if you can later apply a room only or AP discount if they come out and still keep the gift cards or if that is double dipping. I heard that to apply a discount they actually cancel the current reservation and make a new one (even tho it has the same number) and in so doing, the gift card offer goes bye-bye. anyone know? thanks!

You will receive a separate email about the GCs, it's normal for none of your confirmation details to show it.

Nobody knows if you'll be able to stack a discount on top of the GCs. But that's probably a moot point because as of today, CBR will not be included in any discounts for the remainder of 2017.

This question has been asked a lot and honestly no one knows. Different people get different answers from Disney so it'll probably be a wait and see what happens kind of thing.
And regarding emails, it's kind of the same. I booked in February and haven't received an email but Disney stated over the phone that id get the cards

With the removal of 9 buildings and therefore less guests, the busses will be less crowded.
This is what made it appealing to us. We were drawn to WL for the same reason, and it was great. Construction is a non-issue to us. Having fewer guests dealing with the buses more than makes up for any inconveniences related to construction.

i would say either animakl kingdom lodge or the boardwalk. boardwalk esp for adults, eat at espn club or an outdoor table at Big river grille. watch the barkers and entertainment. have a cocktail at the abracadabra bar and go sing along at jelly rolls! or walk over to the swam from the boardwalk to kimonos for karaokee. you can see the top parts of illuminations from the bridge between boardwalk and beach club. and you can walk over to the beach club to get ice cream at Beaches and CreaM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter