Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just got off the phone with Disney and after much back and forth we got moved to a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the exact same thing we were paying for 2 standard rooms at CBR. As much as I was looking forward to trying CBR I'm happy with the outcome. They took $2,733 off what a 2 bedroom villa normally would have cost us.

Can I ask when you're going? I'm trying to keep up with everything in this thread but it seems like most people who have been offered a move are staying in the April to June timeframe and I don't go until August so I don't know if I should bother with trying anything now or waiting until closer.

Also, for anyone who might know, if you booked with a travel agent are you able to call Disney yourself to work out an alternative to his or can you only go through the travel agent? So far my travel agent hasn't said a word to me, and, well... I kind of feel like I can be a bit more determined to fight for what I want than any travel agent might be...

I just got off the phone with Disney and after much back and forth we got moved to a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the exact same thing we were paying for 2 standard rooms at CBR. As much as I was looking forward to trying CBR I'm happy with the outcome. They took $2,733 off what a 2 bedroom villa normally would have cost us.

Sorry, I have one more question for you. Did you suggest the 2 bedroom at SS or did they offer? Did they offer anything else prior to SS? Thanks.

Called yesterday for 2 hours but they couldn't help me and would call me back the same day. Waited all day and no one that called back. Today I called back myself and got disconnected after 1 hour and 45 minutes. Even though my phone bill would sky rocket I tried again and after a 2nd time of more then 1 hour and 55 minutes and a zillion Disney songs in terrible quality I got a CM on the other end of the line. Eventually we had no choice then to take POR. Totally not happy since it would be the last place we would book since we want a beach feeling when we go on holiday and we wanted to be close to Epcot. Requested an upgrade to BC or YC, saying we didn't mind putting in some extra cash but they would hardly give any discount even though I mentioned ppl got 75$ discount last days. When I asked for some credit cause of my phone bill they said I should be happy with what I've gotten already and that in a few days nobody will get anything. Right now I am actually pretty upset with the whole thing and it ruined a big part of the fun for me. In normal cases I would cancel directly if I get pressured like this but since we booked flights etc. we are in a tough spot. Maybe next year no Disney resort and turn over to Universal. Apparently when you book at Disney you never sure what you're gonna get in the end.

We are staying May 9-18. When I called them, Wed or Thurs I think, they told me I could NOT get a transfer to POFR or POR without having to pay extra, that's when the CM offered the $75/night discount. A couple days later I received the email offering the $25/night gift card. As much as we would have loved an upgraded Resort, I'm satisfied now with the discounts to stay at CBR. I'll gladly use the savings to cover our meal expenses.

Sorry, I have one more question for you. Did you suggest the 2 bedroom at SS or did they offer? Did they offer anything else prior to SS? Thanks.
They suggested it. I called first thing this morning and the only thing I got was a suggestion that I could move to Boardwalk or Yacht Club and I'd have to pay the difference. That wasn't an option. So I called back and at first they told me I would have to pay the difference and I told them again that that wasn't an option. I told him that I was disappointed that other people got more compensation than I would for having to deal with the same stuff. He put me on hold and came back with the 2 bedroom villa at no additional cost.

Called yesterday for 2 hours but they couldn't help me and would call me back the same day. Waited all day and no one that called back. Today I called back myself and got disconnected after 1 hour and 45 minutes. Even though my phone bill would sky rocket I tried again and after a 2nd time of more then 1 hour and 55 minutes and a zillion Disney songs in terrible quality I got a CM on the other end of the line. Eventually we had no choice then to take POR. Totally not happy since it would be the last place we would book since we want a beach feeling when we go on holiday and we wanted to be close to Epcot. Requested an upgrade to BC or YC, saying we didn't mind putting in some extra cash but they would hardly give any discount even though I mentioned ppl got 75$ discount last days. When I asked for some credit cause of my phone bill they said I should be happy with what I've gotten already and that in a few days nobody will get anything. Right now I am actually pretty upset with the whole thing and it ruined a big part of the fun for me. In normal cases I would cancel directly if I get pressured like this but since we booked flights etc. we are in a tough spot. Maybe next year no Disney resort and turn over to Universal. Apparently when you book at Disney you never sure what you're gonna get in the end.

So sad that you're right about that last part. This is a horrible situation & Disney is just making it worse. I can't believe they have CMs telling guests they should be happy with bad outcomes??? Maybe Disney should give up calling us "guests". I don't know anyone who treats their guests this way.

When is your trip? There is still the possibility of public discounts for summer & later. And there are some travel agencies that have excellent rates for certain dates & resorts, including Beach Club. Also, would Swan & Dolphin work for you? Have you ever been to POR? It isn't beachy, but it is a beautiful resort. I hope you'll be able to enjoy your vacation. :flower3:

Wow. I find it interesting that you were told in a few days no body will receive anything... What about people who haven't even been notified of the construction yet? I go in August, and have yet to be notified. I booked before their official announcement and have received no emails or regular mail notifying of the construction. Actually, yesterday I received in the mail the little personalized booklet describing my reservation... And it mentions all of the regular dining options at CBR (old Port Royale, Shutters, pool bar) and mentions nothing of construction.

So I'm interested to see when and if they notify me because if not for these boards, I wouldn't know anything. But Disney surely can't assume everybody will stalk these boards and the blog... And I will be rather upset if after they do notify me, they refuse to offer any sort of compensation or move.

Can I ask when you're going? I'm trying to keep up with everything in this thread but it seems like most people who have been offered a move are staying in the April to June timeframe and I don't go until August so I don't know if I should bother with trying anything now or waiting until closer.

Also, for anyone who might know, if you booked with a travel agent are you able to call Disney yourself to work out an alternative to his or can you only go through the travel agent? So far my travel agent hasn't said a word to me, and, well... I kind of feel like I can be a bit more determined to fight for what I want than any travel agent might be...

I'm going November 10-18. I had not received the email, I only knew from the boards what was going on. I booked the trip myself. They did offer the POR resorts but I told them we were hoping for free dining so those resorts weren't options for us.

Last edited:
Can you please clarify? If I check in 4/24 (pre-construction?) for a stay through 5/4, should I get the $25 for only dates starting at May 1, for each day of the reservation, or not at all (your note stated "checks in after the construction starts", which I understood to be May 1). Thank you!

Sorry, I worded that incorrectly. You will get the $25 per night Gift Card for any night you are there after construction begins. I forgot about guests, like yourself, that would check in prior to it starting but have it start up while you are still there.

I'm going November 10-18. I had not received the email, I only knew from the boards what was going on. I booked the trip myself. They did offer the POR resorts but I told them we were hoping for free dining so those resorts weren't options for us.

Oh wow, so they told you that you could still get the free dining if it comes out without having to rebook and pay full price for SS? That sounds wonderful!

I was just looking things over at CBR and I can't seem to find a gym (treadmills, weights, etc). Wondering if maybe a gym is part of the deluxe resorts?

Oh wow, so they told you that you could still get the free dining if it comes out without having to rebook and pay full price for SS? That sounds wonderful!
According to the CM, so take it for what it's worth, I can still get free dining IF it comes out. I asked that question repeatedly.

I was denied the $75 credit for my stay 4/21-4/27 but we did get the $25 gift card email. Its strange but I am happy.

I took the afternoon off to update my computer and look what transpires! I check in 4/19-4/24. I didn't receive either email, but I did get the $75 credit. So if we get a gift card, great surprise, if not, I'm really banking on construction not starting yet, but we'll see. I'm wondering if the gift card offer is an attempt to dissuade those who haven't from calling about the $75/credit or switching?

I am so very confused now!

We are booked to stay at CBR in April, check out 4-27.
I did not know about any of this until I came upon this thread tonight.

When I booked, it only said on the website, that there would be construction in the Trinidad areas after May 1st.
Now this sounds completely different!
Will there be walls up and interruptions towards the end of April? Will the food court or pool bar already be closing or will the options be reduced because they aren't restocking by that time?

And some people are getting credits for the exact time we are staying, but we did not get any email! How is this possible?
What is going on??

If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be really grateful!

Does anyone know the options we can choose from when doing online check in? Been a while since I've stayed here!

Sorry, I worded that incorrectly. You will get the $25 per night Gift Card for any night you are there after construction begins. I forgot about guests, like yourself, that would check in prior to it starting but have it start up while you are still there.

The email I received for our 4/21 to 4/30 stay says that we will be receiving a $25 gift card for each night of our stay, no ifs, ands, buts or conditions. Again, it seems to be a crapshoot regarding who got the initial email and the follow up email, but whether or not there is actually any construction activity occurring during our stay, I'm expecting $225 in gift cards. And there are definitely others with stays even earlier in April that got the same email.

I am so very confused now!

We are booked to stay at CBR in April, check out 4-27.
I did not know about any of this until I came upon this thread tonight.

When I booked, it only said on the website, that there would be construction in the Trinidad areas after May 1st.
Now this sounds completely different!
Will there be walls up and interruptions towards the end of April? Will the food court or pool bar already be closing or will the options be reduced because they aren't restocking by that time?

And some people are getting credits for the exact time we are staying, but we did not get any email! How is this possible?
What is going on??

If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be really grateful!

Supposedly, nothing is closing until 5/1 and any preparatory activity prior to that would be unnoticeable to resort guests. That's what I was ultimately told last Thursday after 3+ hours of back and forth trying to get a straight answer. If you go to book CBR on the Disney site, it also states that the closures will start "May 2017." However, there are many people with stays in the last week of April that also received an initial email regarding the closures and the follow up email on Friday offering $25/night in gift cards.

My favorite resort is CBR love to walk resort early in the mornings, DH and I are planning an adult only trip with friends in October. Even with the construction this is our resort. DS21 and I stayed at POP in Dec. liked it but no coffee maker in room and want bigger size bed for DH and I. Just wondering why we can only get King Rooms wanted standard. Staying Monday to Friday. Last two years we have gone in September hoping for a little cooler weather in October.

I do have to say I will miss Barbados. Used to get Jamaica, the year the bridge was out we didn't put a request in and got Barbados was just as happy there liked being close to Custom House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter