Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just received a very lengthy email from "DRC Guest Letters" about the construction at CBR. Then towards the end, it says "We apologize for the inconvenience this work will cause. As a token of our gratitude for your patience and understanding, upon arrival to the Resort, you will be receiving a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay." I already received $75/night credit, now another $25! Pretty soon, they will be paying us to stay there. Have other DISers received the same email?

I just got the same letter today, and although I didn't get a room credit, I did get a $25/night Disney Gift Card that I can use toward food purchases and so on. It's almost like getting a free meal plan - I didn't get a meal plan this year, so I'm happy and for that, I can take a little construction noise and deal with a little inconvenience!

Disney comes through again!

Quick question not related to the newly announced construction:
How big are the fridges in the rooms? Or more specifically, will it fit a gallon of milk or should I get a half gallon? We are leaving for our tri next week and I am about to place my grocery order and I can't remember what size milk to get after reading through everything, even though I know I read it in here somewhere!
We stayed in Martinique and the fridge was small. Had to lay on side bottles of water and soda's to get to fit in fridge.

I just received a very lengthy email from "DRC Guest Letters" about the construction at CBR. Then towards the end, it says "We apologize for the inconvenience this work will cause. As a token of our gratitude for your patience and understanding, upon arrival to the Resort, you will be receiving a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay." I already received $75/night credit, now another $25! Pretty soon, they will be paying us to stay there. Have other DISers received the same email?
I received the same offer. I am very pleased with the discounts offered. $75/night discount and $25/night gift card.... Basically covering the majority of our meal costs..... Thank you Disney for stepping up and taking care of your guests....

Last edited:
As I said already upthread, when a promotion comes out, you are technically making a new reservation, since the promotion only applies to a new reservation, and it supersedes any existing pricing - i.e., if ticket prices change, your new reservation has the new ticket price. You'd be making a new reservation knowing construction would be happening.

I appreciate your insight and that does make sense. It's just hard to swallow the idea that the only options for staying at CBR would be accepting the room discount and being ineligible for any promotions or taking a promotion and being ineligible for compensation for putting up with the construction. I guess I'm just comparing it to if there was no co striction going on. Disney would still be running promotions so people would get those promotions, but now that there's construction, you basically aren't getting anything on top of what would have been offered had there been no construction...

I was denied the $75 credit for my stay 4/21-4/27 but we did get the $25 gift card email. Its strange but I am happy.

Yep. Stacked the discounts on top of AP rate and we are staying almost free.
Once again something uk guests are not being offered! Anyone from the uk had this offer? Can't believe the inconsistency of the same company! The uk office is a room next door to the us office- in the USA!!

Once again something uk guests are not being offered! Anyone from the uk had this offer? Can't believe the inconsistency of the same company! The uk office is a room next door to the us office- in the USA!!

Staying in oct. and only got the first email yesterday from Disney UK. Gonna call tomorrow, don't wanna end up with the massive noise each morning at the swimming pool like we had at Coronado Springs last year (cutting bricks). Didn't complain then. But we like to sleep long and get up late. Start the day lazy at the pool with a good cup of coffee meaning, no noise outside at 9:00 while I'm still in dreamland. Hope they can fix it since we can't shuffle the date. Totally not happy with this.

Staying in oct. and only got the first email yesterday from Disney UK. Gonna call tomorrow, don't wanna end up with the massive noise each morning at the swimming pool like we had at Coronado Springs last year (cutting bricks). Didn't complain then. But we like to sleep long and get up late. Start the day lazy at the pool with a good cup of coffee meaning, no noise outside at 9:00 while I'm still in dreamland. Hope they can fix it since we can't shuffle the date. Totally not happy with this.
Good luck- perseverance is key! Despite the awful hold music! Think you'll be fine for a move because you've plenty of time, no options for us as we travel in 8 weeks and after 3 days on hold obviously nothing was left for us!

I also received the $25 gift card per night email. Now, I had my building request all figured out (Martinique), now where does everyone think the best place to be is that is away from construction but not a mile away from the main pool area? I go the end of April, but am not.convinced that there will not be any construction when we are there.

OMG Just heard about the $25 gift card!! WOOT! this is working out soooo perfect for us!! doing the Pirate happy dance!!! LOve that we scored Animal Kingdom Fast passes too incase Pandoras rides are open!!!

It shouldn't matter if you got the email offer or not. They are giving out the gift cards at check in, I think it is pretty safe to assume they will be giving them to everyone that checks in.

I took the afternoon off to update my computer and look what transpires! I check in 4/19-4/24. I didn't receive either email, but I did get the $75 credit. So if we get a gift card, great surprise, if not, I'm really banking on construction not starting yet, but we'll see. I'm wondering if the gift card offer is an attempt to dissuade those who haven't from calling about the $75/credit or switching?

I took the afternoon off to update my computer and look what transpires! I check in 4/19-4/24. I didn't receive either email, but I did get the $75 credit. So if we get a gift card, great surprise, if not, I'm really banking on construction not starting yet, but we'll see. I'm wondering if the gift card offer is an attempt to dissuade those who haven't from calling about the $75/credit or switching?

I called this evening, and was told the $75 credit is no longer being offered as of 7 a.m. today, that the gift card is what they are offering now. She said that at first, the supervisor hadn't really figured out what they were going to do (which lines up with why people were reporting so many different things), but now they have made a decision and it's the $25 per day gift card at check in, OR switch resorts at the same cost. I told her $25 wasn't enough for me to deal with the inconvenience, and that having paid rack rate, I could get that much off when the summer discounts come out. She said I could apply any discounts that come out and still get the gift card - but in the end, we decided it wasn't worth it and switched over to POR instead. Standard view for standard view, so saved just under $25 a night (so the switch isn't costing them any more than giving us gift cards would cost). I'm a little mad at myself for not calling last night and getting the $75!

So I had Caribbean beach booked for September 22nd-30th, when I heard about the construction and the food court being closed (we had previously experienced a resort with no food court and really didn't like it) DH and I decided to move us to Pop. I was really disappointed, I was really looking forward to trying a moderate and a new to us resort. However I feel like I may have jumped the gun in switching. Is there any chance I could still call and voice my disappointment even though I switched resorts and possibly get the discount? Or should I just let it go and accept pop? Any advice is greatly appreciated :thumbsup2

Wondering about construction in November. Anybody know what to expect?
Do you think they will still give a gift card?
It shouldn't matter if you got the email offer or not. They are giving out the gift cards at check in, I think it is pretty safe to assume they will be giving them to everyone that checks in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter