Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So the vote has been taken...we are taking our chances on CBR...the pirate room will not be surrendered!! arrrr matey

So why make a discount available to some, but not all who requested??? Now that is confusing !!
They told me that they have not given any discount ( dont shoot the messenger..just what they told me) I asked about if I didnt want to go there and they offered to move me to either Port Orleans or Coronado. I was adamant about the discount but they denied it three times! now that could depend on who you talk to...I just dont know.

So the vote has been taken...we are taking our chances on CBR...the pirate room will not be surrendered!! arrrr matey

So why make a discount available to some, but not all who requested??? Now that is confusing !!

Are you traveling over the summer or in May? Because so far it seems the people who were notified and receiving discount seem to be May guests, but I could be wrong on that because it's hard to keep track of everyone here and their dates!

I would call back for a different cast member and ask to talk to guest services if you're not receiving the same discount offer. Of course I would take a move to another resort for no additional charge too.

Are you traveling over the summer or in May? Because so far it seems the people who were notified and receiving discount seem to be May guests, but I could be wrong on that because it's hard to keep track of everyone here and their dates!

I would call back for a different cast member and ask to talk to guest services if you're not receiving the same discount offer. Of course I would take a move to another resort for no additional charge too.
My dates are May 9-18

We arrive June 4th...maybe its just people in May? I will try again tomorrow...get a different person

That's what I was wondering because I know a few people who are traveling in June and August and they have not received the email. I arrive in April and didn't receive it, even though my trip overlaps with those who have received it. But friends traveling in May did receive the email. So I'm wondering if it's a crap shoot/wait and see/get the right CM situation.

That's what I was wondering because I know a few people who are traveling in June and August and they have not received the email. I arrive in April and didn't receive it, even though my trip overlaps with those who have received it. But friends traveling in May did receive the email. So I'm wondering if it's a crap shoot/wait and see/get the right CM situation.
I did not get the email either...perhaps you have to wait till you get it? Goodness knows with Disney..lol

I'm traveling at the beginning of July. This was to be our first CBR visit, and we usually spend quite a bit of time at the resort, including eating all our dinners at the food court and exploring the various buildings etc. My son has autism and can't handle more than 5 hours at a time at the parks, and loves to walk around and explore (and use the pool) as a way to decompress. So naturally we aren't thrilled about the construction. We decided to book CBR instead of our beloved POR because our budget is tighter, and it was CBR (or POR with a discount, which is not guarantee) or wait another year before we went.

It makes me feel a little better to hear people are getting discounts, or the option of booking POR for the same cost. I'm going to assume I need to wait a month or two for an email and see if I can get something. Anyone think that CBR will have a really great discount when the summer discounts come out next month? If we end up having to stay there, we will rethink our plans for each day, and the extra savings may help pay for a better meal or maybe even a water park or something.

I called again and got a wonderful Cast Member this time. Our stay is 4/23-4/28. I expressed my concern about the construction and the potential for not having access to some of the amenities at the resort. She said that many guests have been calling over the past two days and expressing their concerns and disappointment over the construction at CBR, and that while compensation wasn't being given yesterday, today they were. She said they heard loud and clear that guests were not happy and were taking action to make things right.

She offered me a $75/night reduction in my rate or a lateral move to POFQ, and 3 anytime FPs. I happily took the discount and the FPs. She did not confirm that the construction would be starting May 1, rather went on to say that we would not have access to Center Town, etc due to construction during our stay. So for those who are expecting use of Center Town for the Star Wars race weekend, you might want to check again to see if the construction time frame has been pushed to start earlier.

Who did you speak to and what did you say? Having no luck here!!
I started out calling the guest services line and they transferred me to the reservation line. I let them know that even though they were offering a alternate solutions to the dinning, pool bar, gift shop that it wasn't what I paid for and I was not happy about the situation. I really emphasised that it was unacceptable that they did this so close to my visit in May and that I felt stressed that our vacation may have to be canceled this close to our visit. Hope this helps. They will offer something if you don't accept the company line of offering alternatives at CBR.

Has anyone travelling in the summer/fall gotten a discount or permission to move to POR?

I called again and got a wonderful Cast Member this time. Our stay is 4/23-4/28. I expressed my concern about the construction and the potential for not having access to some of the amenities at the resort. She said that many guests have been calling over the past two days and expressing their concerns and disappointment over the construction at CBR, and that while compensation wasn't being given yesterday, today they were. She said they heard loud and clear that guests were not happy and were taking action to make things right.

She offered me a $75/night reduction in my rate or a lateral move to POFQ, and 3 anytime FPs. I happily took the discount and the FPs. She did not confirm that the construction would be starting May 1, rather went on to say that we would not have access to Center Town, etc due to construction during our stay. So for those who are expecting use of Center Town for the Star Wars race weekend, you might want to check again to see if the construction time frame has been pushed to start earlier.

Now I wish I had waited to call. :sad2: I got worried that the other moderates would book up and we'd either be stranded at a resort with no amenities, or have to downgrade to a value. I was told yesterday that they could not compensate me for the difference in price between the two resorts. This is my first, and possibly last time staying on property.
We chose to visit Disney because it was a dream trip my sister had been wanting to make, as an extended family. Unfortunately, she passed away last year after a short battle with aggressive ovarian cancer. We decided to go ahead and do the trip she had been dreaming about. Life is too short. I went ahead and booked a stay at CBR as it seemed most like the Poly (where my sister and I had always wanted to stay) as far as theming, but at a price that, while normally out of my price range, was doable because of some of the money I inherited. It wasn't much. I paid off my student loans, set some aside to fix our roof which is badly in need of repair, and decided to have a vacation, as again, life is short. You never know when your time will be. Planning this trip has kept my mind busy while grieving. It's been very bittersweet to say the least!.
All this upheaval about the resort not being fully functional and whether or not to move has been very stressful and upsetting on several levels. We probably would have considered staying at CBR had we a rental car, but we were relying on there being a shop to get any needed personal items, drinks, breakfast foods, snacks, etc. I just didn't feel like it would have been the trip my sister had wanted to experience, so I went ahead and made the switch to try to keep the dream alive. Now I'm reading that others are being moved at no extra cost and it feels demoralizing. This is Disney. This wasn't how it was supposed to be.

I have a theory. I read somewhere, and of course I can't find it now, that someone was told all dining would be down may 1- June 1 with some food being served for breakfast and dinner in centertown. Now if it is true that they are setting up a temporary food court in shutters it is conceivable that it might take a couple weeks before it is ready to go. So they shut it all down and do the switch during May but then by June 1 there is a fully operational food court in shutters. So those staying in May have more disruption to amenities thus the discount. This is totally just my take on piecing together things I have been reading and I could be really far off but it might explain why people staying later are getting a different story from those staying in May.

Now I wish I had waited to call. :sad2: I got worried that the other moderates would book up and we'd either be stranded at a resort with no amenities, or have to downgrade to a value. I was told yesterday that they could not compensate me for the difference in price between the two resorts. This is my first, and possibly last time staying on property.
We chose to visit Disney because it was a dream trip my sister had been wanting to make, as an extended family. Unfortunately, she passed away last year after a short battle with aggressive ovarian cancer. We decided to go ahead and do the trip she had been dreaming about. Life is too short. I went ahead and booked a stay at CBR as it seemed most like the Poly (where my sister and I had always wanted to stay) as far as theming, but at a price that, while normally out of my price range, was doable because of some of the money I inherited. It wasn't much. I paid off my student loans, set some aside to fix our roof which is badly in need of repair, and decided to have a vacation, as again, life is short. You never know when your time will be. Planning this trip has kept my mind busy while grieving. It's been very bittersweet to say the least!.
All this upheaval about the resort not being fully functional and whether or not to move has been very stressful and upsetting on several levels. We probably would have considered staying at CBR had we a rental car, but we were relying on there being a shop to get any needed personal items, drinks, breakfast foods, snacks, etc. I just didn't feel like it would have been the trip my sister had wanted to experience, so I went ahead and made the switch to try to keep the dream alive. Now I'm reading that others are being moved at no extra cost and it feels demoralizing. This is Disney. This wasn't how it was supposed to be.
Call them tomorrow and tell them exactly what you said here on the Dis.
Good luck, and have a magical trip.

I have a theory. I read somewhere, and of course I can't find it now, that someone was told all dining would be down may 1- June 1 with some food being served for breakfast and dinner in centertown. Now if it is true that they are setting up a temporary food court in shutters it is conceivable that it might take a couple weeks before it is ready to go. So they shut it all down and do the switch during May but then by June 1 there is a fully operational food court in shutters. So those staying in May have more disruption to amenities thus the discount. This is totally just my take on piecing together things I have been reading and I could be really far off but it might explain why people staying later are getting a different story from those staying in May.

Before they shut down the food court in OPR they will have a full service food court set up. It will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. It will have seating and be air conditioned. it will have about 75% seating capacity as OPR has now but they figure there will be at least 25% less rooms due to the removal of some of the Barbados and Martinique buildings. This will most likely be setup in at least one, maybe two giant tents outside of OPR. The cooking will be done in trailers right next to the seating areas.

There will also be food stations with grab and go items all day right by the Jamaica and Aruba beaches.

Do you think I am safe for April 8-14? I am hoping that nothing starts until after Easter break.

As of right now, nothing is scheduled to start until May 1st. Now that could change, but if it does I see it being pushed back. I don't think WDW has ever started a project early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter