Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

One other question.....I haven’t stayed in WDW for a year, did they stop room requests on the online check in form? I didn’t see any when I looked. Only option was to enter Time of arrival.

That section has been broken and/or useless for years now. And since you sent a request via Touring Plans, it would be best to not make any during Online Checkin even if you could.

That section has been broken and/or useless for years now. And since you sent a request via Touring Plans, it would be best to not make any during Online Checkin even if you could.
I didn’t make request thru TP. I just looked at their map and recommendations for standard view. Then gave my request info to wdw.

Even when we were standing directly under it, no.

Don't be. Aruba 52 and Jamaica 45 are still great locations. Best of both worlds in terms of location in reference to both the Skyliner Stations and OPR.
Thanks Dansdad. It’s been over 10 yrs since my CBR stay. If something comes up for POR I still may change. So torn. New Skyliner vs boat to DS and Bob Jackson!

We're booked for a Water View 5th sleeper room for Marathon Week. Looking at the various rooms on TP, I'm not sure I see a lot of negatives to most locations that we might end up: some are closer to OPR, and some closer to Skyliner stations (we're doing multiple days at both Epcot and HS). My only concern is that two of the nights (prior to the 5k and 10k), we'll be going to bed fairly early - so noise can be a factor.

I was thinking of only adding a room request for a 2nd floor room. We're arriving early, so the room being ready earlier in the day would also be a plus (thus, too many requests could slow that down). Considering those factors, does anyone have any other thoughts/suggestions? Are we likely to get a pretty good view/location with just that one request? Or, is noise on the 1st floor not a factor?

We're booked for a Water View 5th sleeper room for Marathon Week. Looking at the various rooms on TP, I'm not sure I see a lot of negatives to most locations that we might end up: some are closer to OPR, and some closer to Skyliner stations (we're doing multiple days at both Epcot and HS). My only concern is that two of the nights (prior to the 5k and 10k), we'll be going to bed fairly early - so noise can be a factor.

I was thinking of only adding a room request for a 2nd floor room. We're arriving early, so the room being ready earlier in the day would also be a plus (thus, too many requests could slow that down). Considering those factors, does anyone have any other thoughts/suggestions? Are we likely to get a pretty good view/location with just that one request? Or, is noise on the 1st floor not a factor?

In all our trips, we have found no difference in noise between 1st and 2nd floor. How quiet/noisy is completely dependent on your neighbors.

What dansdad said is true. I’ve had 1st floor rooms a couple of times (even though I request upper floor) and had no problems except one day, when neighbours from hell moved into next room at POR. I was glad I was moving resorts the next day.
no matter what floor, you can always get the loud neighbours next door or the ones above you that sound like a herd of elephants. But I find most people are considerate.

Thanks for the response from both of you - I'm not too concerned about noise, so I may not even worry about a room request. Our family is pretty easy-going, and a few minutes extra walking won't be a big deal (I say that now - we'll see after running races!). I guess I'm open to being surprised by our actual room location.

I'm curious, is there any advantage to having a corner room? More space? Bigger windows? I'm trying to make decisions on my room request. I'm in preferred, 2 queens with a 5th sleeper fold down. I was going for Barbados 32. Any recommendations or suggestions?

There is an extra window on the corner beside the normal window. I'm not a math expert, but better odds (not including other lucky magic) of not getting a window and door that face a parking lot. Space and layout is the same otherwise.

Have a few travel and Skyliner questions. Staying at CBR again February 7-15. I know there is a Transportation forum, but thought I'd ask the CBR experts here:

1. ADR at Disney's Boardwalk (Bon Voyage) at 11 a.m. NOT keen on riding the Skyliner (see my question #3), non-park day. Travel options to and from?

2. ADR at 6:00 for Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. What's the best way to travel to and from? It's our first day, and a non-park day.

3. Is it possible to ride the Skyliner between the Riviera and CBR Stations? Meaning, can I board at Riviera and ride to CBR, just to see how I like it? I've had a few experiences of panic attacks on things, and I'm kinda wondering if a quick ride on it is possible? Panic is such an unpredictable thing. I've ridden a skyride dozens of times at local amusement park, then two years ago, got hit with a panic attack on it. No fear of heights, not claustrophic. Sometimes I just don't like the lack of control ---- and if I'm stressed, it's more likely to happen.

Thanks! 100 days to go!

Last edited:
Have a few travel and Skyliner questions. Staying at CBR again February 7-15. I know there is a Transportation forum, but thought I'd ask the CBR experts here:

1. ADR at Disney's Boardwalk (Bon Voyage) at 11 a.m. NOT keen on riding the Skyliner (see my question #3), non-park day. Travel options to and from?

2. ADR at 6:00 for Artist Point at Fort Wilderness. What's the best way to travel to and from? It's our first day, and a non-park day.

3. Is it possible to ride the Skyliner between the Riviera and CBR Stations? Meaning, can I board at Riviera and ride to CBR, just to see how I like it? I've had a few experiences of panic attacks on things, and I'm kinda wondering if a quick ride on it is possible? Panic is such an unpredictable thing. I've ridden a skyride dozens of times at local amusement park, then two years ago, got hit with a panic attack on it. No fear of heights, not claustrophic. Sometimes I just don't like the lack of control ---- and if I'm stressed, it's more likely to happen.

Thanks! 100 days to go!

For the first 2 the easiest and much less time consuming is Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van. The other option is catching a bus to one of the parks or Disney Springs and then catching a bus to the resort for the restaurant.

You can definitely do just the short station trip from CBR to Riviera as there is loading and unloading at both. I think that part is the highest so a good test for max anxieties that could pop up.

@Sweet Pea Reed

1. ADR at Disney's Boardwalk (Bon Voyage) at 11 a.m. NOT keen on riding the Skyliner (see my question #3), non-park day. Travel options to and from?---> Free would be CBR to DHS then walk/to the boardwalk

2. ADR at 6:00 for Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. What's the best way to travel to and from? It's our first day, and a non-park day. ---> Free would be CBR to MK then boat to WL.

Thanks for the quick review. CBR was our first WDW Resort we stayed at. We were in Jamaica 42 too, our room was facing the lake very close to the pool. We are coming back this August, just requested Aruba 52.
I didn’t request Jamaica, worried about noise being too close to skyline station. Did you hear any?
What was the bus pick up order? It’s been many years since our stay. At that time Jamaica was often 1st pick up.
No noise from skyline other than the dings from inside the sky cabins when walking in the parking lot!

There are 5th Sleeper rooms that connect to a King room or a room with 2 Queens only. There are no 5th Sleepers that connect to another 5th Sleeper.

So would this still function as a not guaranteed/request only connecting room, if we wanted a 5th sleeper and 2 queens?

I'm curious, is there any advantage to having a corner room? More space? Bigger windows? I'm trying to make decisions on my room request. I'm in preferred, 2 queens with a 5th sleeper fold down. I was going for Barbados 32. Any recommendations or suggestions?
Space and layout are the same. Except I believe other window over table takes the place of the mirror. I enjoy corner rooms for added brightness in room.

We just booked a special deal for April & all that were available were Pirate & Pirate Waterview. We got the Pirate Waterview. I was wondering how they compare to the regular waterview rooms. We stayed in Jamaica with a waterview in 2014 & loved it. I'm wondering if the double beds are just as comfortable. Thanks!

We just booked a special deal for April & all that were available were Pirate & Pirate Waterview. We got the Pirate Waterview. I was wondering how they compare to the regular waterview rooms. We stayed in Jamaica with a waterview in 2014 & loved it. I'm wondering if the double beds are just as comfortable. Thanks!

Trinidad, where the Pirate Rooms are, has big differences from the other sections that have water view. It's almost like a different lake in front of Trinidad because there is a bridge that goes over the CBR lake and separates it from the main lake. Water view can also be a pool view which in Trinidad has the Spyglass Grill, that is also different from the other sections. It's nice, just different.

It seems like there are many different opinions on the beds, depending on preferences. The beds are definitely smaller than a queen but that's not a problem for us. I think they are comfy enough. I guess the old mattresses that they used to use were pretty bad but I never stayed when they had those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!