Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

What are everyone's experiences with the daily room checks lately? Thanks!

We just got back from staying last week and had a wonderful room check experience. Room was always cleaned well/re-stocked on the days we went strong in the parks early-late.

When we did HS EEMH’s & was back in the room for nap time around 11, they quietly knocked and poked their head in around 1(ish). I received the supplies I requested & maybe just imagination, but thought I could tell room was extra cleaned the following day to make up for. Same thing the day my hubby slept very late to meet up w/us later. Near spotless cleaning the following day.

Only tad complaint & it’s super small-no Do Not Disturb sign in room to hang. Not sure if oversight or not available any longer. Could be an issue w/sleeping toddlers/ babies. But, it was handled quietly & super sweet.

Even little things like when they could tell we were drinking coffee in the room, started to get double the amount of coffee pods/supplies w/o even asking, double the washcloths, etc. And not every day, but they still did cute stuff with daughter’s stuffed animals/blankets.

As always, we found the service wonderful (and still better than some other Disney resorts we’ve stayed in when not @ CBR).

Does anyone have an idea on how buses will be handled when Riviera opens & the road barricades come down? Think they’ll still use the turn around areas at Martinique & Aruba?

We’re going back next Sept w/ Pref again bc only availability besides Pirate Rooms (1,000 miles away :rotfl2: ) for free Dining B.B. offer. While it’ll be a Skyline Park heavy Trip (that’s why wanted Standard this time), I loved how Martinique was always 1st stop picking up/coming back since that turn around area.

With the Skyline being closer to Standard, I think it’d be fair to keep the bus loop as is w/ the buildings that have Pref rooms in it getting picked up/dropped off first. An added advantage on top of being closer to the main section for the extra cost.

While CBR still on my mind, an honest opinion about Trinidad / Aruba (from a die hard CBR fan!), esp since Pirate Rooms always show on specials (a reason for that! ;) )...to read later when considering-

-YES, the pirate rooms really are as far away as you read people talking about
-Some even from the Trinidad bus stop / Skyline. (and both are still a hike from Centertown/main pool)
-I’d only recommend Pirate Rooms if:
-you just HAVE to have the theming (super cute, a friend was in one)
-you don’t care @ all about main area, including & ESP am coffee/food
-OR you drive and don’t mind using your car to Centertown
-OR you don’t mind using internal bus to Centertown
-Pretty much the same for far end Aruba (but @ least right next to Riviara Skyline hub & lake bridge to cut through not too terribly far)
-For any walk to/from a food court/bus stop/Skyline now, remind yourself it starts feeling longer/harder the more you start partying in the parks :faint:
-Esp for us “old” 40+ people lol-halfway through the trip stuff was aching I never thought about before :laughing:

For any who cite CBR as being “too big/spread out”, ask what section they stayed in ;) Only people I heard complain on the bus were in these two. Even my TA friend who likes CBR theming says same thing. She was placed in these two sections on short “Standard” booked trips before (When she requested otherwise of course, but requests are just that-esp when booked full capacity)

Having always lucked out for Jamaica by bridge & now Martinique, I didn’t personally realize until hiked to friend’s Pirate Room from Centertown. Lol, I took the internal bus back instead (and still complained to myself walking to Trinidad bus stop :rolleyes2)

Her son really wanted theming/ bday trip & she drove/used her car when going to Centertown; she said only way bearable.

Last edited:
I am sorry if this have been asked before, but do the refurbished CBR rooms have Keurig machines?

Haven’t been back to the Caribbean since before the refurbishment. I thought there were refillable drink stations in each of the villages. Does anyone know if they are still there?

Not Keurig machines. A double sided similar machine that uses the disc things. Similar to a lot of other non Keurig hotels.
Dang was wishing they had the pod type coffee makers like Coronado springs.
Do they have real coffee cups, or just paper?

Came back at the end of last month...quick review and if anyone has questions let me know!

had a water view 5th sleeper...requested Jamaica 45..got 42
Jamaica 42 is a great spot for skyline access and not too bad for the walk to OPR

room checks- we went back to the resort every afternoon of our 8 day stayto swim and relax and never had someone knock so it could have been done while we weren’t there. We declined housekeeping too.

When we arrived the kids splash pad was closed ( and remained closed for several days) and the quiet pool in Jamaica was closed (not sure when that will reopen or maybe already has). I was not too pleased since the front desk couldn’t give me any info as to when they would be opening. In our room was a letter from the managers with a site to reach out to them. I did and they called me within a couple of hours. I let them know I was disappointed at the lack of communication. I get maintenance needs to be done but a generic email before I get to the resort can’t be that hard. I ended up getting $100 credited to my account plus 3 anytime fast passes for our day at MK.
Otherwise the resort was great. We spent almost every afternoon at the pool and the entertainment staff were great! Food court meal for breakfast was fine, lunch/dinner left a lot to be desired.

I would stay here again (I’ve stayed her in the past as well) and would recommend it still!

Haven’t been back to the Caribbean since before the refurbishment. I thought there were refillable drink stations in each of the villages. Does anyone know if they are still there?
There are; we were just in Martinique and 2 of the buildings had them.

However they weren't near our room and once we found them we were never able to find them again lol

Last edited:
Was the Aruba Leisure Pool closed also-it is not too bad of a walk from Jamaica.
No it wasn’t. We ended up just at the main pool anyways. 2 of the days we didn’t have time to do the main pool which is when the quiet pool would have come in handy because of the location from our room but any further walking just wasn’t worth it

You are most certainly the CBR expert so I’ll defer to you and I corrected the post above.

This makes Barbados 31 a great location IMHO and I wouldn’t hesitate to ask for it over the popular spots in Aruba & Jamaica. I also forgot to mention that buses tended to not be split up at CBR while I was there so getting on at OPR meant having seats available at all times vs Jamaica & Aruba. I think only once did my bus not stop at all island stops and that was because the bus was jammed.

THIS is the info I've been looking for! First time staying at CBR in January. Haven't done my room request yet, but was trying to decide between Barbados 31 or 32. I have a Prefered Room booked. I didn't want to chance the outlier buildings being too far from OPR. Even in January, my son likes to swim!

We got back from CBR about 2 weeks ago and I've been remised in posting a few thoughts.

Overall we loved our stay at the resort. This was our second time here and we were in a water view room which was a far cry from the Pirate room we had last time pirate:

Our room was in Barbados Building 32 which was close to both Old Port Royal and Spyglass Grill. I loved the look and feel of the rooms and much preferred the barn door bathroom enclosure to the lovely curtain in the pirate rooms. It was also great to have a queen size bed and they were very comfortable.

Mousekeeping was timely every day but one, but they came by to see if we needed anything when we were in the room and loaded us up on coffee.

Bus wise this was probably the most efficient service we have ever encountered. Buses were very crowded headed to parks on extra magic days, but we learned after not being able to fit on a bus bound for AK to walk over to Old Port Royal to ensure we got on. After that it was smooth sailing. In the evenings we usually go to other resorts for dinner and uber and/or lyft worked great.

The main pool was pretty crowded most days, so we ended up using the quiet pool by us which was a much more enjoyable experience. And Spyglass was only about a 5 minute walk so it was like our very own pool bar 🍹 We didn't eat anything there, nor at Centertown, but did have a wonderful and relaxing meal at Sebastians one evening. It was so nice not to leave the resort.

Overall the resort was great and the grounds really do make you feel like you are miles away from the chaos of the parks. Resorts with multiple stops aren't always my favorite, but with the addition of the Skyliner I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
View attachment 431812View attachment 431814View attachment 431815

Thank you for the info! Heading to CBR in January for our first ever stay at this resort so pictures are great to put things in perspective. We have been staying at POFQ, so going from small to much bigger. I am concerned about the bus stops, but planning to use the Skyliner for HS and Epcot.

Came back at the end of last month...quick review and if anyone has questions let me know!

had a water view 5th sleeper...requested Jamaica 45..got 42
Jamaica 42 is a great spot for skyline access and not too bad for the walk to OPR

room checks- we went back to the resort every afternoon of our 8 day stayto swim and relax and never had someone knock so it could have been done while we weren’t there. We declined housekeeping too.

When we arrived the kids splash pad was closed ( and remained closed for several days) and the quiet pool in Jamaica was closed (not sure when that will reopen or maybe already has). I was not too pleased since the front desk couldn’t give me any info as to when they would be opening. In our room was a letter from the managers with a site to reach out to them. I did and they called me within a couple of hours. I let them know I was disappointed at the lack of communication. I get maintenance needs to be done but a generic email before I get to the resort can’t be that hard. I ended up getting $100 credited to my account plus 3 anytime fast passes for our day at MK.
Otherwise the resort was great. We spent almost every afternoon at the pool and the entertainment staff were great! Food court meal for breakfast was fine, lunch/dinner left a lot to be desired.

I would stay here again (I’ve stayed her in the past as well) and would recommend it still!
Thanks for the quick review. CBR was our first WDW Resort we stayed at. We were in Jamaica 42 too, our room was facing the lake very close to the pool. We are coming back this August, just requested Aruba 52.
I didn’t request Jamaica, worried about noise being too close to skyline station. Did you hear any?
What was the bus pick up order? It’s been many years since our stay. At that time Jamaica was often 1st pick up.

Thank you for the info! Heading to CBR in January for our first ever stay at this resort so pictures are great to put things in perspective. We have been staying at POFQ, so going from small to much bigger. I am concerned about the bus stops, but planning to use the Skyliner for HS and Epcot.
I'd say overall we prefer POFQ because of the boat to DS and the smallness of the resort, but CBR definitely has the more beautiful resort and rooms. Food choices are much better too. The buses could be an issue, but that should be tampered down now with the Skyliner open. We also take uber or lyft a lot which cuts down a lot of time. Have a great trip!

For those of you that have stayed at CBR after Skyliner opened, in either Jamaica or Aruba- can you hear any noise from it? I notice on the WDW map that the Skyliner goes directly above both villages.
I requested Aruba 52 I have a standard view booked, and the site that has room views posted from most rooms had this request as a good view. So that’s what I went with, Aruba 52 room xxx or similar views. But I’m concerned about Skyliner.

One other question.....I haven’t stayed in WDW for a year, did they stop room requests on the online check in form? I didn’t see any when I looked. Only option was to enter Time of arrival.

For those of you that have stayed at CBR after Skyliner opened, in either Jamaica or Aruba- can you hear any noise from it? I notice on the WDW map that the Skyliner goes directly above both villages.

Even when we were standing directly under it, no.

I requested Aruba 52 I have a standard view booked, and the site that has room views posted from most rooms had this request as a good view. So that’s what I went with, Aruba 52 room xxx or similar views. But I’m concerned about Skyliner.

Don't be. Aruba 52 and Jamaica 45 are still great locations. Best of both worlds in terms of location in reference to both the Skyliner Stations and OPR.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!