Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Those stops are for both internal and theme park shuttles. The only buses that don't stop there are the water parks, those only stop at the main Old Port Royale stop.
This is good news. I have never stayed Hera, but was assuming they were all just internal shuttles that maybe could take you to the front bus loading station.

I apologize if this has been discussed before, lots of threads, but can anyone say definitively which buildings the Skyliner is closest to at CBR? My guess was Jamaica 41, 43, 44. I had reserved standard room and had requested 45 or 51 but when the FD came out it saved me good money to move to a Preferred room which takes me further away from the Skyliner. I'm going to CBR in December so being close to any pool is not a big benefit. We plan to be in the parks all day so utilizing amenities in Port Royal aren't that appealing either. I have a 4 year old and I imagine getting off the Skyliner at CBR and walking a country mile to our "Preffered" room after a long day in the park. It seems to me that standard rooms are actually more "Preferred" with the Skyliner open than the normal "Preferred" rooms. What Preferred room building would you request to be in if you were me? I would love advice from seasoned CBR travelers!

What are experiences with asking for upgrades when you check in? i will be there 8/3-8/10. Is it worth asking? What is best way to ask?

I just returned from CBR yesterday, and I can honestly say, I don't know why people knock it? I can only guess their experience is pre-remodel? We booked a standard room and were put on the first floor in Jamaica, room 4327. We had an awesome view! Our door opened to a courtyard! We were also very close to the Jamaica quiet pool, Jamaica bus stop, and not a bad walk across the island to Old Port Royale. There was a rapid refill station only a couple of doors down from our room, so convenient! Buses were mostly great. We often got our own bus in the busy morning time that we only shared with Aruba. The only problem we had was when there was a brief power outage that shut down the monorail. I suspect buses were an issue for everyone because a bunch of buses needed to be sent to stand in for the monorail. The new lobby is beautiful and the lobby smell was awesome. I wish I could have that scent pumped into my house, lol. We would have been an excellent location had the gondolas been open. Jamaica is closest to the CBR gondola station. People complain about how large the resort is but I didn't find it to be any larger than Riverside where we stayed last year. In fact, I think we had longer walks at Riverside than CBR, and my family agreed. The only thing I can knock about this resort is the food court selection. I found the menu limited and we got tired of the food there early on in our trip. The other mods and values I've stayed at had more selection in their food court. I'm attaching a pic of our view:

Attachments

• CBR.jpg
    CBR.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 87
Nice view!

I asked about this awhile back. I was wrestling where to make a room request. Were they running gondolas when you were there for testing? How was the noise from them?

Nice view!

I asked about this awhile back. I was wrestling where to make a room request. Were they running gondolas when you were there for testing? How was the noise from them?
Yes, they were running gondolas and there was no noise from them.

I just returned from CBR yesterday, and I can honestly say, I don't know why people knock it?

I agree. We were worried about our stay in January because of the complaints, but we loved it. We were in Aruba, between the Aruba pool and the bus stop. I was worried at first when I got my room seeing Aruba because people said how far it was, but it was no problem. The bus/pool/refill station was probably around a two minutes walk. The only thing that was a far walk was the main pool and the food. We only went to the main pool on our non park day, and stopped at the food court coming back from the parks a couple times. That way it was only a one way walk to our room.

We have stayed at sports, preferred at AOA, and in the tower in CR, and we felt that our room was more convenient to things (minus dining) at CBR.

i stayed in april we loved the place . we got a great room after request and was in the building next to port royale with great views . we stayed at dolphin ( loved location ) and art of animation ( which we were most looking forward to but was a let down ) . I most worried about busses but they were great . we didnt wait more the 15min at the resort or the parks . we had to stand a few times but that didnt worry us

I posted this question on the Dolphin/Swan thread so I guess I should ask it here too...
DH and I are going to WDW for our 35th anniversary. We are currently booked at a split stay (2 nights at CBR and then moving to Poly). I just looked and we can stay at Dolphin in a King balcony room for the same price as a King room at CBR. While I know will have to pay for Mears Shuttle to get to Dolphin, I'm thinking it would be a more romantic resort than CBR. We have stayed at both resorts before. I just love the pool at Dolphin and the light - airy colors of the rooms. I'm torn though. Any thoughts? EDIT: I should note that the reason DH wanted to stay at CBR for a couple nights was because that is where we stayed on our first trip together and he thought it would be romantic. I kind of feel bad considering Dolphin, but we do both love it as well, and we like walking over to the BW in the evening.

Last edited:
We had kids with us but i would say the Caribbean would be nicer to walk around at night . But swan/dolphin has boardwalk for that i guess . Plenty of bars in that area and in there hotels for few drinks to . I think with Caribbean being so spread out it makes it feel less crowded

I just returned from CBR yesterday, and I can honestly say, I don't know why people knock it? I can only guess their experience is pre-remodel? We booked a standard room and were put on the first floor in Jamaica, room 4327. We had an awesome view! Our door opened to a courtyard! We were also very close to the Jamaica quiet pool, Jamaica bus stop, and not a bad walk across the island to Old Port Royale. There was a rapid refill station only a couple of doors down from our room, so convenient! Buses were mostly great. We often got our own bus in the busy morning time that we only shared with Aruba. The only problem we had was when there was a brief power outage that shut down the monorail. I suspect buses were an issue for everyone because a bunch of buses needed to be sent to stand in for the monorail. The new lobby is beautiful and the lobby smell was awesome. I wish I could have that scent pumped into my house, lol. We would have been an excellent location had the gondolas been open. Jamaica is closest to the CBR gondola station. People complain about how large the resort is but I didn't find it to be any larger than Riverside where we stayed last year. In fact, I think we had longer walks at Riverside than CBR, and my family agreed. The only thing I can knock about this resort is the food court selection. I found the menu limited and we got tired of the food there early on in our trip. The other mods and values I've stayed at had more selection in their food court. I'm attaching a pic of our view:

Have you looked into these? https://magiccandlecompany.com/collections/frontpage/products/caribbean

is there a website similar to portorleans dot org for caribbean beach that has an interactive clickable map for buildings and rooms?

I apologize if this has been discussed before, lots of threads, but can anyone say definitively which buildings the Skyliner is closest to at CBR? My guess was Jamaica 41, 43, 44. I had reserved standard room and had requested 45 or 51 but when the FD came out it saved me good money to move to a Preferred room which takes me further away from the Skyliner. I'm going to CBR in December so being close to any pool is not a big benefit. We plan to be in the parks all day so utilizing amenities in Port Royal aren't that appealing either. I have a 4 year old and I imagine getting off the Skyliner at CBR and walking a country mile to our "Preffered" room after a long day in the park. It seems to me that standard rooms are actually more "Preferred" with the Skyliner open than the normal "Preferred" rooms. What Preferred room building would you request to be in if you were me? I would love advice from seasoned CBR travelers!

From the latest photos of the Skyliner station at CBR it looks like there will be a bus stop. My guess, if there will be a bus stop, is that it will be added to the internal bus loop.

I watched a video last night of where the location of the skyliner is. My question is how do people staying in buildings on the other side of the lake get to it? Looks like it would be a long walk. Buses maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts