Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

First time posting in this thread. :) We have a split stay planned during Halloween week this year and I'm still trying to decide whether to spend Halloween night at CBR or Pop (our hotel switch will occur mid-week so I'm deciding when exactly to make the switch!). We're attending MNNSHP several days earlier, but I want my boys to be able to trick or treat ON Halloween as well. I've searched for trick or treating reports in this thread and found the official resort activity schedules for previous years that indicate trick or treating happens, but was hoping to find someone who has actually spent Halloween night at CBR. Any reports on the trick or treating scene at CBR? THANKS!

We are staying just for one night next weekend, are there quick service options open when you return from the parks at night? I got an email detailing what would be closed as far as dining and it made me super confused.

I know the island markets close at 10. I wonder what time spyglass grill or the food truck stays open until. anyone? usually at food courts the burger station is open till 11 and the italian/pizza station till 12. this is why so often we ended up with the penne pasta for dinner .. got sick of it (being raised in chicago, we are pizza snobs... disney pizza is awful)
I'm going to GUESS room service is open till 12?

Last edited:

We are staying just for one night next weekend, are there quick service options open when you return from the parks at night? I got an email detailing what would be closed as far as dining and it made me super confused.

Island Markets, Spyglass Grill and Centertown buffet close at 10PM. Not sure about the food trucks.

I was going to bring some microwavable entrees but won't do me any good with the island market closed. I guess you can buy some grab n go sandwiches earlier and put them in your fridge for alter? with a bag of chips or whatnot?

First time posting in this thread. :) We have a split stay planned during Halloween week this year and I'm still trying to decide whether to spend Halloween night at CBR or Pop (our hotel switch will occur mid-week so I'm deciding when exactly to make the switch!). We're attending MNNSHP several days earlier, but I want my boys to be able to trick or treat ON Halloween as well. I've searched for trick or treating reports in this thread and found the official resort activity schedules for previous years that indicate trick or treating happens, but was hoping to find someone who has actually spent Halloween night at CBR. Any reports on the trick or treating scene at CBR? THANKS!
I have been at WDW during halloween season 9never on halloween day) I have only seen trick or treating at the party in MK. do you mean kids going room to room trick or treating?.. I doubt that. it would be way too annoying. I doubt they would have anything other than some seasonal decor. disney wants you to pay to go to the halloween party

I have been at WDW during halloween season 9never on halloween day) I have only seen trick or treating at the party in MK. do you mean kids going room to room trick or treating?.. I doubt that. it would be way too annoying. I doubt they would have anything other than some seasonal decor. disney wants you to pay to go to the halloween party

They would have stations set up inside Old Port Royale, outside in the courtyard and on the pathway to the bridge for kids to go around and get candy. It was always really cute.

Oh, no, we absolutely would not go door to door! An old CBR activity schedule from 2014 states that there were 5-6 trick or treating locations around the resort - pool, beach, etc. - so I was curious if anyone has actually done this.

At the food tent buffet

Island Crêpes
with Pineapple Coulis

Chef's Farmer Scramble

Carved Breakfast Ham
with Spiced Pineapple Glaze

Mickey-shaped Waffles
with old-fashioned syrup

French Toast

Biscuits and Gravy
Warm Buttery Biscuits with Sausage Gravy

Scrambled Eggs

Grits and Oatmeal

Bacon and Sausage

Fruit and Yogurt Station
Assorted Seasonal fresh and Dried Fruits, Plain and flavored Yogurts, and House-made Granola

Assorted Pastries

Potato Casserole

Hard Boiled Eggs

Breakfast Hash

At Spyglass Grill

Entrees

Scrambled Eggs - served with Bacon, potato yuca hash and multigrain toast $8.99

Breakfast Yuca Hash - with Chorizo Redeye Gravy and a Fried Egg $9.49

Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich - served on Brioche $6.79

Egg White, Spinach and Tomato Wrap $6.49

Smoked Turkey Breakfast Sandwich - Smoked Turkey Breast, Egg, Provolone, Onions and Peppers on Brioche $6.79

Pineapple-Banana Pancakes - served with crispy Granola and Maple Syrup with choice of bacon or fresh fruit $7.99

Breakfast Cuban Cream Cheese Guava-stuffed French Toast
small_gold_star.png
- with fresh Strawberry Syrup and a choice of Bacon or Fresh Fruit $8.79

Steel-Cut Oatmeal - topped with Caramelized Banana, Dried Fruits and Nuts $4.99
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Tropical Fruit Plate $6.99

For Children Ages 3-9

Seasonal Fruit, Granola and Banana-Coconut Milk $3.99
disneycheck.jpg

French Toast - served with fresh Strawberry Syrup and Bacon $6.29

Pancakes - served with Maple Syrup and Bacon $6.29

Scrambled Eggs - served with bacon , potato yuca hash, multigrain toast and smoothie $6.19

Breakfast Cuban - Pressed Half-Cuban Sandwich stuffed with Ham, Pulled Pork, Egg and Swiss Cheese $5.49

Beverages

Fountain Beverages - Coke, diet Coke, Coke Zero Sugar, Cherry Coke, Sprite, Orange, Root Beer, Lemonade, Powerade, Iced Tea $3.29
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Bottled Water $3.00
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Smartwater $4.50
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Orange Juice $4.29
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Coffee $2.79
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Hot Cocoa $2.79
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Tea $2.79
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Chocolate Milk $3.29
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Lowfat Milk $1.99
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Coffees

Espresso - regular or decaf $2.49
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Latte - regular or decaf $3.29

Double Latte - regular or decaf $4.59

Cappuccino - regular or decaf $3.79
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Double Cappuccino - regular or decaf $4.59

Cold Brew Coffee $3.79
ddsnacksymbol.jpg

Cold Brew Jamaican Coffee $3.79

Specialty Beverages (non-alcoholic)

'Ortanique' Lemonade $4.29

Frozen Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri $5.49

Frozen Virgin Pina Colada $5.49

Frozen Lava Smoothie $5.49
You are amazing! Disney should pay you for how helpful you are dansdad : )

so me and my daughter have the Disney Deluxe Dinning plan can I just roll into a later breakfast and order as much food and drink as I want and its covered by the plan? Is there a limit? I will also have my 6 year old daughter also covered by the plan and she eats BIG! LOL Her nickname is Arby's because she likes the meats.....LOL

PS would that even include a alcoholic or non-alcoholic specialty drink?

Last edited:
Do you think "preferred" rooms will change once the gondola system is in full force? It looks like the station will be closer to the front of the resort. Or is that the preferred area now? Sorry, it's been 3 years since we've been to CBR. Pretty sure we stayed in Aruba then.

We are staying just for one night next weekend, are there quick service options open when you return from the parks at night?
After 10:00 PM,no,unless you consider the Vending machines in the Laundries to be QS!lol:)

We have actually used the Laundries for "late-night returning from the Parks snacks" quite often since OPR has been in refurb and the machines do have a fairly nice selection.

When we go in there late night we always say "beggars can't be choosers"!lol:)

Do you think "preferred" rooms will change once the gondola system is in full force?

Probably not at first. Disney usually waits until they see a very high number of requests for a certain area of a resort before upgrading that section to a higher priced category.

You are amazing! Disney should pay you for how helpful you are dansdad : )

so me and my daughter have the Disney Deluxe Dinning plan can I just roll into a later breakfast and order as much food and drink as I want and its covered by the plan? Is there a limit? I will also have my 6 year old daughter also covered by the plan and she eats BIG! LOL Her nickname is Arby's because she likes the meats.....LOL

PS would that even include a alcoholic or non-alcoholic specialty drink?

We've never gotten the Deluxe Dining Plan. But this should help.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disney-deluxe-dining-plan/

Probably not at first. Disney usually waits until they see a very high number of requests for a certain area of a resort before upgrading that section to a higher priced category.
Do we have any idea how far the gondola station will be from the closest building in Aruba, for example? I assume walking from your resort room to the gondola station would be how one would get there. Will there be a gondola station closer to the DVC area of the resort? From the maps I've seen it appears the CBR station will be the largest and the DVC one much smaller (if they have one, I've heard conflicting reports)...unless those maps were not to scale. Really trying to figure out what area of the resort to request Dec 2019 ;)

Island Markets, Spyglass Grill and Centertown buffet close at 10PM. Not sure about the food trucks.

Thanks for your response. In the email I received they made it seem like a dinner buffet was the only food choice at night. My daughter likes to go get a snack once we return before she goes to bed so I just want to make sure there are some quick grab and go options available. Probably between 8-10pm.

Do we have any idea how far the gondola station will be from the closest building in Aruba, for example? I assume walking from your resort room to the gondola station would be how one would get there. Will there be a gondola station closer to the DVC area of the resort? From the maps I've seen it appears the CBR station will be the largest and the DVC one much smaller (if they have one, I've heard conflicting reports)...unless those maps were not to scale. Really trying to figure out what area of the resort to request Dec 2019 ;)
The Gondola Station will be closest to Jamaica (across the lake from Trinidad South). The CBR station will be bigger as it goes in two (or three I suppose) different directions from CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter