Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We enjoyed our stay at CBR in the fall of 2015 and have booked the first half of a split stay in December 2019.

Soooooo, do we think Star Wars land will indeed be complete by dec9 2019? Supposed to be "late fall 2019". I assume the gondolas will be running by then as well? I'm off to read the first pages 9f this thread now!

Checked in yesterday- requested Jamaica and got Jamaica 44! Slight problem/ paid for a waterview and got standard view room but they credited our room the difference and we are happy with the location so all is well

We are pretty far away from any ongoing construction. There is a big gondola pole right outside our room but no fencing around it. Since mods don't have balconies it really doesn't bother us to be that close to the pole

Went to the main pool for s little bit yesterday afternoon and no construction noise in the least. The construction for banana cabana and the food court area looks like it's coming along nicely!

Just wanted to say that the construction isn't bothering us at all!

I'm so tempted to book CBR for December as I found a great rate but I would have to give up BCV. I'm willing to do it as it would save us a bundle but not knowing about the status of the refurb makes me hesitant. My mom, niece and I used to stay here for all our trips years ago so there's a lot of memories made here.

I'm so tempted to book CBR for December as I found a great rate but I would have to give up BCV. I'm willing to do it as it would save us a bundle but not knowing about the status of the refurb makes me hesitant. My mom, niece and I used to stay here for all our trips years ago so there's a lot of memories made here.
I don't think you should think twice about it-switch & save the money! Sounds like the dining is coming along and should be pretty much done by Dec. Save the money to put towards the holidays or another trip ;)

My daughter just found out that she will be assigned to CBR quick service for her College Program in August. It says she will be stationed at Centertown Market/Market Street. Does anyone know where this is during construction?

With the recent announcement that the new QS will be called Centertown Market,it appears they are already using the new name.:)

How long is your daughter's Program?

It looks like she may be there to "close down" the LEGENDARY:) Centertown Buffet and also there to "open up" Centertown Market!:)

What a memorable and exciting Program!:)

wdwmagic
Centertown-Market_Full_33249.jpg

Centertown-Market_Full_33250.jpg

With the recent announcement that the new QS will be called Centertown Market,it appears they are already using the new name.:)

How long is your daughter's Program?

It looks like she may be there to "close down" the LEGENDARY:) Centertown Buffet and also there to "open up" Centertown Market!:)

What a memorable and exciting Program!:)

wdwmagic
Centertown-Market_Full_33249.jpg

Centertown-Market_Full_33250.jpg
That would be awesome! Thanks so much for the info! I told my daughter about the new name and October 1st date for planned opening and she is really excited to maybe get to be part of the start up. Her program lasts from August 20th to January 3rd. She is really excited!

could someone please tell me what buildings are now considered "preferred" now that construction is on going? thank you

That would be awesome! Thanks so much for the info! I told my daughter about the new name and October 1st date for planned opening and she is really excited to maybe get to be part of the start up. Her program lasts from August 20th to January 3rd. She is really excited!
COOL!

We ate Dinner at OPR on 'Closing Night" and then ate Breakfast on "Opening Day" at Centertown Buffet.

So your daughter will be doing what we did in "reverse"!:)

That is so cool-her CP will parallel a huge time in CBR history!

She will get to experience the "uniqueness"lol:) of Centertown Buffet and then the awesomeness of Centertown Market!

Centertown Buffet has taken a lot of criticism,but we have dined there many times and always enjoyed it-the CMs have always been AMAZING!

As soon as we finish a plate they are there to remove it!

I will almost be "sad" to see Centertown Buffet go away-we have met so many nice CMs there and have so many great memories there as it "feels" like the CB CMs really "go out of their way" to try to make a great experience for Guests under less than usual circumstances-Guests and CMs at CB really seem to "connect" in the unique setting that is Centertown Buffet.:)

I am glad your daughter will get to work there some-it will always be a unique part of CBR history!

LONG LIVE CENTERTOWN BUFFET!LOL:)

39912645622_7362b2a600_h.jpg

Good luck to your daughter! I bet she is excited!

Our son did the College program in 2016. He loved it!

I am staying at cbr 9/13-9/18.

Standard room

Is there one country I should ask for over the other?

I think we would want convience to the parks via the bus? Tia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!