Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Are the freestyle machines permanent? I searched the thread, but could only find posts from 2017, curious if there has been any update.

I wish all resorts would do this! I filled my cup only twice at Riverside because it wasn’t available at the pool and we had a long hike to the quick serve.

Same for us! We stayed at AoA and it was such a long walk just to get 12 oz of drink, I felt it was pointless. Super excited that each section has it's own machine at CBR!!!

Since I have enjoyed reading everybody else's "just back" reports, I thought I should post my own.

First of all, we are DVC owners and have stayed in MOST of the Disney resorts including Shades of Green. We've done value up to Home Away from Home, but our only Moderate experience has been Port Orleans Riverside to date.

The positives: The rooms size was very nice for us. I did request a corner room and got that, but it did not connect to another room at all so the rest of our family had the room next to ours. I like the shampoo and soap dispensers. The corner I think gave us some extra storage space. We had a large cooler with us and it stayed in the area where the sinks were most of the time. The refrigerator was fine for storing our bottles of water, though it would have been nice to have a freezer. We just kept the cooler stocked with ice for our drinks. The beds were comfy, plenty of towels were provided. I think the resort is beautiful, yes the construction takes away a bit but overall it was still nice. We had the pool at Aruba mostly to ourselves just about every day we went there in the morning/early afternoon. Splyglass Grill had some GREAT food...wish I could have tried the tacos again (I shared with DH one day...could have kept them to myself) and I had a kids lunch salad with shrimp one day...also good. They also had a fresh fruit platter that was very good. Oh and on July 4th we walked to the far end of our building and could watch fireworks in the distance at HS and a bit closer at EPCOT on each side, which was kinda cool.

The negatives: I requested Jamaica, got building 52 of Aruba. I didn't love this location at ALL. It was too far to me from the bridge walkway to the main pool and to get any kind of late night food. We did find we used the Jamaica bus stop more than Aruba as it was just as easy of a walk. Yes the first and only day we waited for a morning bus to the parks we had to wait because the bus was filled when it got to us. Instead we caught the next bus (EPCOT) and decided to just ride that to EPCOT, then monorail to TTC then hit MK and yes this was a very long way to do this but not as crowded at all. We caught an internal bus one time, which was nice to take us to Trinidad North for lunch. The good news was that coming BACK on the bus, we got off at the very next stop (Jamaica) and walked to our room. As a late-night snacker, I was disappointed in so few options for late night food. Yes you could walk to the main pool and they had a small counter service there where you could get Ice Cream Novelties and chips...but nothing like cupcakes or other treats I'm used to getting at other resorts and food courts. Just very limited food options so that's my main complaint. We did take a bus back one night from MK after it was close to closing time (around 10pm) and that wasn't too bad at all but we had good timing on the bus. I did see a lot of people seemed to be waiting for buses, so much so that our bus driver one morning stopped to call to find out where another bus was located for somebody he noted was waiting a long time. She seemed unhappy. Oh and we did wait one day at HS for a bus back to our resort around 1pm and I think we waited at least 30 minutes, or so it seemed, and it was hot out.

So would I stay there again? Maybe once things are all open. Overall it wasn't the worst...that's reserved for Pop Century where we had kids running around and knocking on doors late one night one time...and yet we've still returned there too. We did have our own vehicle and used that more often than the buses which probably was a good thing. Oh and our building was one that was RIGHT NEXT to one of the transport poles for the gondolas...and even my FIL commented he's not sure what that is going to do to the landscape/fell of the parks and resort once those are running.

Thank you for your honest report.

We are requesting Jamaica 43 but I know it's a request.

I was wondering how your trip went. I think everyone who is getting close to their trip appreciates the " there and back" reports!

Hi all - I read the updates on page one and just wanted to check on a few things - We are thinking of a November trip - if is warm enough, we plan to swim. Are the pools all open during construction? Also, how is the timeline looking for the food court to open up? On page one I saw it mentioned that it may open as early as this month and also saw that it may be delayed until December. I just thought I'd see if any of you had an opinion on our chances in early Nov.

Thanks so much! It is really the only thing available for our dates as we are booking so late in the game. I just want to be sure I know what we are getting ourselves into!

Hi all - I read the updates on page one and just wanted to check on a few things - We are thinking of a November trip - if is warm enough, we plan to swim. Are the pools all open during construction?

From what I read on the Disney Tourist Blog, the Dig Site which includes the main pool with the Mayan ruins, volleyball court, playground , arcade and Siestas Cantina will be closed from Sept 4 through Dec 12. The smaller pools are supposed to remain open.

From what I read on the Disney Tourist Blog, the Dig Site which includes the main pool with the Mayan ruins, volleyball court, playground , arcade and Siestas Cantina will be closed from Sept 4 through Dec 12. The smaller pools are supposed to remain open.

This info is in reference to Coronado Springs, I believe the question was regarding the Caribbean Beach resort. ;)

Hi all - I read the updates on page one and just wanted to check on a few things - We are thinking of a November trip - if is warm enough, we plan to swim. Are the pools all open during construction?

Yup.

Also, how is the timeline looking for the food court to open up? On page one I saw it mentioned that it may open as early as this month and also saw that it may be delayed until December. I just thought I'd see if any of you had an opinion on our chances in early Nov.

Still looking like early December.

I have a friend heading to CBR this week, where can she buy bottled water and a gallon of milk? Thanks in advance.

Have an upcoming trip booked with free dining. I had originally booked Preferred. Today I got a call from them saying preferred was no longer available and that they would give us an additional $75 off the room each night. My DH and I are concerned because we booked preferred because transportation and coffee in the AM are very important to the success of our trips. Are there any other options than the tent to get coffee? Also, anyone know why they would do this?

@dmaz The rooms have an ok double serve coffee maker in the room and all the island markets dansdad listed have coffee too. Both options should be fine until you get to something more preferred?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!