Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just checked in yesterday and noticed a $5.00 package fee added to my portfolio. I'm assuming that's for my Garden Grocer order that was delivered to bell services. I thought only the convention resorts charged those fees? Or if you had other packages delivered (besides something to bell services). Is that new to CB?

They are now charging for receiving packages at, I believe, all resorts. You're right, it used to just be convention resorts, but they expanded it a couple years ago to include the others. $5 per box, or $5 per order from a vendor like Garden Grocer. There's a sticky about it on one of the forums.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but do the island markets have hot chocolate? We all loved getting hot chocolate in our refillable mugs at night from the food courts.

We didn't have any on our last trip but I believe the island markets had packets of hot chocolate powder to use to make your hot chocolate. I don't recall if the hot chocolate machines like the ones OPR used to have were in the food tent or not.

Hi all!

We are going to CBR next year in June. We’ve previously stayed at The Polynesian and loved it so much- so I am a little worried that we won’t love CBR as much. I think mostly because I keep reading really bad reviews of the resort. We will be there after the big construction issues are resolved and we know not to expect a deluxe experience in a moderate resort, but after reading a bunch of bad reviews, I could use a pep up for CBR. Can you all share the good things and what you love about it?
⭐⭐⭐

Hi all!

We are going to CBR next year in June. We’ve previously stayed at The Polynesian and loved it so much- so I am a little worried that we won’t love CBR as much. I think mostly because I keep reading really bad reviews of the resort. We will be there after the big construction issues are resolved and we know not to expect a deluxe experience in a moderate resort, but after reading a bunch of bad reviews, I could use a pep up for CBR. Can you all share the good things and what you love about it?
⭐⭐⭐

The Caribbean Beach Resort and the Polynesian are really apples and oranges. They are both very nice resorts but as you said the Poly is a Deluxe and the CBR is a Moderate so it really isn't fair to judge one against the other.

There are good reasons why the Poly is almost twice the price. First of all there is location. The Poly is on the monorail route and the CBR isn't. The Poly has a lot more choices for dining. In my opinion, the Poly has a nicer pool. I believe the rooms are a slight bit bigger.

When Old Port Royale and Centertown are open, the CBR is a very nice resort. We've been there three times. Twice before the construction and once during. It was one of favorite Moderates before the construction. It is very pretty and the pool area is gorgeous also. The location really isn't bad, it is not far from EPCOT and DHS. That all being said, we won't go back until the majority of the construction is done. It should be fine by the time you go in June.

We love the Deluxe resorts but we usually prefer spending 10 to 12 days at a Moderate over a 5 to 6 days at a Deluxe.

Last edited:

Hi all!

⭐⭐⭐

Before our first stay at CBR, I posted something that sounded just like yours. Some very helpful DIS members calmed my nerves enough to give it a try and we are so thankful we decided to. It's a great resort. We've stayed at every resort except Saratoga Springs, Old Key West and Art of Animation and can honestly say CBR is our 3rd favorite right behind Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Inn. Yes, we even prefer it over the Poly. CBR has got such a laid back relaxed feel which is such a nice break from the craziness of the parks.

And I've seen the renderings of the new waterfront table service and Old Port Royale and they look beautiful. The Main Feature pool is great. Each Village has its own leisure pool and bus stop so you're never far from either.

CBR is centrally located so you will have shorter travel times everywhere except MK as compared to Poly.

I've read pages of bad reviews of Poly, The Grand, etc. If you look you will find them for every WDW resort.

We really feel CBR is a hidden gem and the best bang for our buck on property.

@gibsontrio: Great Report...thanks! We are heading to our first CBR stay today (usually stay at SOG also but it was booked by the time we decided on this trip) and looking forward to it. Your report about your location and the pools was very helpful. We are definitely planning a similar touring style...parks in morning, breaks at the pool, maybe back to parks after dinner.
Have a blast!! If you need PX supplies ( bread, beer, wine ,etc) you can always run over to the SO G like we did !! Just remember you can't take beer on the monorail so plan time to transfer to back to CBR !

@gibsontrio Thanks for the great report. Did you feel that your family of 5 had enough space in your room at CBR?
I'd compare it to a standard hotel room ! Not at big as SOG , but no smaller than a regular room. We ended up putting our suitcases in the bathroom area under the clothes rack. My son who is 15 slept on the Murphy bed. His feet hung off but he didn't mind !

Before our first stay at CBR, I posted something that sounded just like yours. Some very helpful DIS members calmed my nerves enough to give it a try and we are so thankful we decided to. It's a great resort. We've stayed at every resort except Saratoga Springs, Old Key West and Art of Animation and can honestly say CBR is our 3rd favorite right behind Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Inn. Yes, we even prefer it over the Poly. CBR has got such a laid back relaxed feel which is such a nice break from the craziness of the parks.

And I've seen the renderings of the new waterfront table service and Old Port Royale and they look beautiful. The Main Feature pool is great. Each Village has its own leisure pool and bus stop so you're never far from either.

CBR is centrally located so you will have shorter travel times everywhere except MK as compared to Poly.

I've read pages of bad reviews of Poly, The Grand, etc. If you look you will find them for every WDW resort.

We really feel CBR is a hidden gem and the best bang for our buck on property.
I totally agree! I'm not a "Disney nut" but we did dine at Ohana, and let me tell you .. I was pretty put off from all the people running around the hallways and clogging up the walkways waiting for dinner. I felt CBR was so much more calm and " private" then the Poly. CBR is really a hidden gem !

Personally I think the Skyliner will be a great addition. That's really been my only knock on the CBR - having to take a bus everywhere, (unless you drive your own car or use Uber or something of course). Heck, I mean that has the potential to provide alternate transportation to not only Epcot and HS, but potentially even MK though that ones kind of a stretch I know :) Also, I hear they might leave some of the soda machines at the separate Islands? That's another awesome upgrade. Yup, I'm actually really looking forward to trying it out once the upgrades are finished.
One final note, I worry more about the high rise ruining the tranquility and "vibe" than the Skyliner.

They are now charging for receiving packages at, I believe, all resorts. You're right, it used to just be convention resorts, but they expanded it a couple years ago to include the others. $5 per box, or $5 per order from a vendor like Garden Grocer. There's a sticky about it on one of the forums.
Thanks for the reply. I must have missed that and it must have been two years since our last order. I usually just get milk and other items from the food court now, but that wasn't an option this time.

Hi all!

⭐⭐⭐

I love CBR! I've stayed there 7 times. The last 2 trips we stayed at the Poly since we wanted to avoid the construction. The Poly does have bigger rooms and elevators. The only thing I like better about the Poly is the quick ride to MK and the dole whips. CBR is more quiet and never feels crowded - you don't have all the people not staying there walking around. I like all the walking paths. I think the pools are on the same par. And being a pirate pool is awesome! CBR had 2 watersides. CBR has a bigger quick service menu (before construction). People complain about the buses but we never had any problems.

Just back and thought I'd share some thoughts...

I've only stayed at CBR and love the atmosphere. We stayed at Aruba and for the first time was really disappointed. We will start with the good things.

Construction never interfered with our trip. We didn't see a lot of action and didn't hear any of it..even at the pool. I'm excited to see the new shutters and port royale some time down the road. Even though we were in Aruba, and we wanted Jamaica, we were placed in the closest room next to Jamaica. The walk to the Jamaica bus stop was actually closer than Aruba, so this helped a lot. We received the cute construction pins for the first time ever without asking and did the no cleaning service for the extra money.

My only issue was busing in the morning. We have never had a bussing issue until this trip and I've gone 12x. They have two buses running so I figured Jamaica and Aruba was a safe bet. Not so much. I noticed a bus would be scheduled to come and then be moved back 10-20 mins. Luckily we were always there early 6:40. However, I think it went to the other side so we would be missing early morning buses. You could see the buses leaving full from North and South Trindad every morning. For AK on EMH we got on the first bus at 7:10. However, we had been waiting since 6:30. We always got on but the other side was receiving all the busses. So anyone who is going soon-I'd request Martinique, North or South Trinidad. Just my two sense.

I am curious to see how they skyway affects transportation. Rumors at the resort were swirling saying it wasn't going to have air conditioning and each gondola only held 8-10 people. It will be interesting. I also do not like that they will be flying over the pools. But that's just me

Would I go back..... absolutely! Love the feel and I think good things are coming CBRs way!

Anyone care to speculate when the renovations will be done? When the Sklyliner will be operational? We are going next year, April 13th for a week and am hoping the resort and new transportation option is ready to go.

Anyone care to speculate when the renovations will be done? When the Sklyliner will be operational? We are going next year, April 13th for a week and am hoping the resort and new transportation option is ready to go.

Old Port Royale and Centertown should be done in December 2018. The skyliner should be operational by June 2019. The Riviera Resort should be done by September 2019.

Hi everyone! We just booked for the first week of September and have never stayed at CBR. I’ve read a lunch of posts that say request Jamaica. My only options for room requests in the MDE are: Martinique, corner room, water view. Suggestions?

Also, I’m having a hard time finding a recent comment or blog that says exactly where the construction is. What area of the hotel is the construction (besides Centertown)?

Thank you!

Hi everyone! We just booked for the first week of September and have never stayed at CBR. I’ve read a lunch of posts that say request Jamaica. My only options for room requests in the MDE are: Martinique, corner room, water view. Suggestions?

Skip the room request section of online check in. It's been broken for almost 2 years now. Call the Main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the Day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Also, I’m having a hard time finding a recent comment or blog that says exactly where the construction is. What area of the hotel is the construction (besides Centertown)?

Thank you!

The new Riviera Resort is going up between Martinique and Aruba. It's where the Village of Barbados used to be.

How does a room with 2 queen beds and one pull down child bed sleep 5 adults?
It’s not a child’s bed exactly. It’s a slightly smaller size than a twin. My daughter fits fine and she is 5’11” but also curls up and sleeps on her side. It’s also perfect for my friend who is 5’2” as an adult. Everyone is different so what works for one may not work for the other.

Wanted to give my opinion on our recent trip. Me, my husband, and 13 year old daughter stayed 06/30 - 07/08. This was our 5th trip to CBR, but not within the last 4 years. I had been following this thread, so I was well informed of all the construction. I did not think it would matter to us but I was disappointed in some ways.
The new Riviera resort is huge and does take away from the look of the villages in its midst. One of the reasons we love CBR is the apparent seclusion, space, and peaceful feeling as opposed to what we experience all day in the parks. Couple this with gondolas floating overhead ( and those beams are massive!) and I get a whole new vibe to the resort. I also did not realize how much we would not like having the convenience and variety of the food court available. We got lunch once at Centertown and visited the Island market, but there was not much there. And no gift shop either. One positive that I hope stays are the Coke freestyle machines. They are available 24hrs and are often closer than refilling your mug at Port Royal.
The room was refurbished and quite clean. We did not refuse mousekeeping since we were there for a whole week. My daughter loved the Murphy bed (she is a small girl). The shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were in the refillable hanging units. The hair products worked really well for my hair and were easier to dispense in the new containers. The room décor felt generic, and I miss the Nemo pattern. We were in Aruba, and as someone had mentioned before it is the last bus stop and buses were sometimes full or standing room only once arriving. They did seem to arrive within 20 mins except during very busy times or before the 4th of July fireworks.
Overall, I would stay again after the construction is completely finished. The preview pictures do look amazing and I am still hopeful that the resort will retain some of it's character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter