Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Any recommendations? Many stays at WDW but never at CBR, any areas/rooms to request for next month, will be 5 of us in the room.

Any recommendations? Many stays at WDW but never at CBR, any areas/rooms to request for next month, will be 5 of us in the room.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are our 2 favorite locations. They are a 4 minute stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature pool and food tent and are pretty far away from the construction.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are our 2 favorite locations. They are a 4 minute stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature pool and food tent and are pretty far away from the construction.

Our first stay here is coming up very soon and I've requested Jamaica for a standard room. We have two rooms so we'll see what we get. Part of me is really tempted to just roll the dice and see where we land, but I am using the TP Fax Request service.

I requested Jamaica 43 through both TP and Disney. From what I read it looked like it wouldn't be too impacted by construction? We are 47 days out so I can still edit our request. Does anyone know if that's a good request for a standard view room, or is there a better request? Thanks!

I requested Jamaica 43 through both TP and Disney. From what I read it looked like it wouldn't be too impacted by construction? We are 47 days out so I can still edit our request. Does anyone know if that's a good request for a standard view room, or is there a better request? Thanks!

We really like Jamaica 55 and Aruba 51. They're both closer to the bridge and away from the construction.

Our first stay here is coming up very soon and I've requested Jamaica for a standard room. We have two rooms so we'll see what we get. Part of me is really tempted to just roll the dice and see where we land, but I am using the TP Fax Request service.

What is TP? :)

Has everyone read the new review of construction & the Spyglass Grill on Tom's blog (Disney Tourist)? It sounds like the poles in front of Jamaica & Aruba really have an impact (VERY close to the rooms & not camouflaged at all). He even has pictures showing the beach in Aruba area as having a lot of construction "junk" laying around & being roped off. :(

Just returned from a 9-day stay there and, according to the LATEST (which could change next week, admittedly) is that the Island Markets in the two farthest islands from Old Port Royale (Aruba and Jamaica) would be kept due to overwhelming positive response from guests. In fact, according to the one CM (yes, it's a CM statement so take it for what it's worth), they are going to expand the concept to both CSR and PO...at least the refillable soda machines.

Has everyone read the new review of construction & the Spyglass Grill on Tom's blog (Disney Tourist)? It sounds like the poles in front of Jamaica & Aruba really have an impact (VERY close to the rooms & not camouflaged at all). He even has pictures showing the beach in Aruba area as having a lot of construction "junk" laying around & being roped off. :(

Are you able to post the link? Im curious as it may impact me booking here, thanks.

The one post is very close to one of the buildings...you could easily touch it from one of the balconies. Really surprised they put it RIGHT there! Maybe they'll incorporate it into a slide feature for the pool :)

I read that one of the poles was between Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 but does anyone know which building in Jamaica is most impacted by the second pole?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter