Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I was strongly considering getting an uber for our 8am reservation to BOG as I still didn't trust the busing to MK. The day before our reservation I realized that our family was really too exhausted for another early morning, and we decided to stay late at HS to watch Fantasmic the night before, so I cancelled the reservation (ugh, bummer!).
But probably a wise decision in the end! Wonderful report. CBR is the first onsite resort we stayed at and my DD did her first DCP there last fall.

Good Morning!

I just booked Caribbean Beach for May 2019. The construction at Caribbean Beach itself should be done then (for dining, shopping, check in and such). I know that the Riveria construction won't be completed, and probably not the Gondolas either.

Also, and tips of 5 in a room at the resort? It will be me, my husband, our two kids (9 & 5 years old) and then my older mother in law. She just retired (at 75 years old) and a Disney trip was her request for a celebration trip. She is petite, so we are thinking that she will be fine on the murphy bed. But worst case, she would sleep in a queen with one of the grandkids and they would swap off in the murphy bed.
Honestly? 5 to those rooms for any length of time is very tight. We stayed there when the kids were 17, 12, and 9 and space was at a premium. We then moved to BC and even with a larger room space was tight. Any way you could do 2 rooms? Even if at a value?

I didn't take any pics of the pool when we were there this past week, but the construction has no impact on the pools. You can see the construction at Centertown from the main pool area, but it isn't a problem. My kids loved the waterslides and wish we were still there to swim!
We also used the smaller "quiet" pool by our room and this was nice for the days we didn't have as long of an afternoon break- each of the resort areas has a pool like this and they are all open as well.

Oh really, thats great to hear, thank you! Did I read correctly that are better/worse rooms with the pull down bed with the construction? We are a party of 5 and would need one, can anyone recommend one?

Honestly? 5 to those rooms for any length of time is very tight. We stayed there when the kids were 17, 12, and 9 and space was at a premium. We then moved to BC and even with a larger room space was tight. Any way you could do 2 rooms? Even if at a value?

We are expecting it to be tight. I quoted any rooms that would fit five, plus 2 values at Pop. This was the cheapest option (by several hundred dollars) and the budget is tight unfortunately, so we need that extra elsewhere. If there is a discount for that timeframe I will probably revisit options though.

I've seen some complaints about the pirate room mattress. I know they are double beds as opposed to the queen beds in the standard rooms, but were the mattress' updated during the room renovations or are they still like pillow toppers? Thanks!

My husband who rarely complains had problems with the Pirate Room mattress.

I've seen some complaints about the pirate room mattress. I know they are double beds as opposed to the queen beds in the standard rooms, but were the mattress' updated during the room renovations or are they still like pillow toppers? Thanks!
I’m thinking they did not update the mattresses. We were there in January and I was thanking the good Lord it was only for one night. The mattress had that “bulge” in the middle if you know what I mean. I loved everything about the room with the exception of the mattress.

I’m thinking they did not update the mattresses. We were there in January and I was thanking the good Lord it was only for one night. The mattress had that “bulge” in the middle if you know what I mean. I loved everything about the room with the exception of the mattress.
I've heard from many that you simply have to talk with the front desk & they will give you a new mattress! :)

On average, how long does it take the CBR buses to stop at all of the islands and make their way out of the resort to head to the parks?

On average, how long does it take the CBR buses to stop at all of the islands and make their way out of the resort to head to the parks?

When they used to hit all 7 stops, 9-11 minutes. Now, 5-6 minutes.

When they used to hit all 7 stops, 9-11 minutes. Now, 5-6 minutes.

That’s good to hear, thank you! I read some reviews on another site last night saying it took 20-25 minutes to leave the resort, and I was hoping that wasn’t the case!

That’s good to hear, thank you! I read some reviews on another site last night saying it took 20-25 minutes to leave the resort, and I was hoping that wasn’t the case!
Sometimes on an early evening when it's a full bus coming back and there's a bus full of people waiting to get on at the various stops it can take a while, especially if you throw in a couple of scooters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!