Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Good Morning!

I just booked Caribbean Beach for May 2019. The construction at Caribbean Beach itself should be done then (for dining, shopping, check in and such). I know that the Riveria construction won't be completed, and probably not the Gondolas either.

Also, and tips of 5 in a room at the resort? It will be me, my husband, our two kids (9 & 5 years old) and then my older mother in law. She just retired (at 75 years old) and a Disney trip was her request for a celebration trip. She is petite, so we are thinking that she will be fine on the murphy bed. But worst case, she would sleep in a queen with one of the grandkids and they would swap off in the murphy bed.

Are there any current pics of the pool area? Is it usable? We have never been to CB but are considering it, just really care about the pool.

@emarie Thanks for all the info! I think I've shared with you previously that my kids will be the exact ages of yours when we go! Did y'all do a dessert party or maybe I'm thinking of someone else!

I've seen some complaints about the pirate room mattress. I know they are double beds as opposed to the queen beds in the standard rooms, but were the mattress' updated during the room renovations or are they still like pillow toppers? Thanks!

I've seen some complaints about the pirate room mattress. I know they are double beds as opposed to the queen beds in the standard rooms, but were the mattress' updated during the room renovations or are they still like pillow toppers? Thanks!

Mattresses are fine comfort wise. Size could be an issue depending on who will be using it, as you know it's a double and not queen. Here is a pic from March.

20180314_080922_1529681254979.jpeg

Everything at Old Port Royal and Centertown will be completed. The Skyliner Gondola should be done around May 2019 and the Riviera Resort tower should be completed by summer 2019.
Hi - can you tell me what the Riviera Resort Tower is? thank you.

Just a little story to let you know how much your sense of smell can trigger your memory (and make you spend money...lol)...

My daughter and I took WDW trips at least once a year from 2006 until 2011. We stayed at CBR twice (November 2007 and June 2008) and loved it! We are returning to WDW in October with several family members (renting a house offsite).

Okay, now to the point of my story. Yesterday, my daughter and I went to Margaritaville in Bossier City, LA for the day. The minute we walked in the door, I smelled an amazing aroma, and even though I haven't been there in 10 years, I knew immediately it was the same aroma that is in Centertown!

For the rest of the day, I couldn't get CBR off my mind, so last night I decided I'm going to upgrade my 5-day Park Hopper to an AP, and I'm planning a solo trip to CBR in February! Hoping all construction will be complete by then (except gondolas and Riviera...but that won't be an issue) and hoping for AP room discounts! I'm thinking IF that is offered, it will come out around Oct/Nov.

I am so excited!!

Just a little story to let you know how much your sense of smell can trigger your memory (and make you spend money...lol)...

My daughter and I took WDW trips at least once a year from 2006 until 2011. We stayed at CBR twice (November 2007 and June 2008) and loved it! We are returning to WDW in October with several family members (renting a house offsite).

Okay, now to the point of my story. Yesterday, my daughter and I went to Margaritaville in Bossier City, LA for the day. The minute we walked in the door, I smelled an amazing aroma, and even though I haven't been there in 10 years, I knew immediately it was the same aroma that is in Centertown!

For the rest of the day, I couldn't get CBR off my mind, so last night I decided I'm going to upgrade my 5-day Park Hopper to an AP, and I'm planning a solo trip to CBR in February! Hoping all construction will be complete by then (except gondolas and Riviera...but that won't be an issue) and hoping for AP room discounts! I'm thinking IF that is offered, it will come out around Oct/Nov.

I am so excited!!

We were just at the Boardwalk and went over to Margaritaville in Bossier City! We must live close to one another.

Is there a list of adjoining rooms besides the ones noted on the pull down rooms?

Also, on the touring plans room request site, the rooms that come up when I select "water view, 2 queen with child pulldown" do not seem to mesh with the list on this thread of pull down rooms. Does anyone know if the touring plans site is wrong or if more pull down beds have been added, or what the discrepancy is?

We need 2 water view rooms, at least one with a pull down bed, preferably adjoining. Not only am I confused as to which rooms would fulfill this criteria in general, I am even more confused as to which ones would also be preferable due to the construction. Touring plans comes up with Aruba 55 as it's top pick, but I see in a post above that it is one of the ones closest to construction and the reviewer was less than happy about it's location. Any advice?

Last edited:
Very well written and informative. Thanks! One question, how were your CM interactions at the resort?
The CMs at the resort were great for us! We arrived via Magical Express and were immediately met by a friendly CM who assisted me in finalizing our check-in and getting to our room via the internal shuttle. All others we came into contact with were helpful and friendly as well- at the bus stop, in the island market, and in restaurants. When we ate at Spy Glass a CM came and gave us a box that was decorated with chocolate pirate coins and filled with pastries-they said to welcome us to the resort! I suspect they were just getting rid of extra pastries, but it was a nice gesture :).
The friendliest person of all was the CM from bell services who picked us up at 4:40am (!) to get to the ME on the day of our departure- he was excited to hear about my kids' favorite parts of the trip and played Disney songs for us that related to what they said. It was great to have such a happy ending to our trip :).

@emarie Thanks for all the info! I think I've shared with you previously that my kids will be the exact ages of yours when we go! Did y'all do a dessert party or maybe I'm thinking of someone else!
The ages of our kids were great for this trip! We told our older kids we would wait until the youngest was 5 and I'm so glad we did because she was old/tall enough to do most of the rides and we didn't need a stroller or any naps. I hope you have a wonderful time just like we did!
We did not do a dessert party. I had doubts that my 5yo would be able to handle staying up for any evening activities since she is usually in bed by 7:30. Thankfully, she did great and we were able to go to the nighttime shows at all the parks without any meltdowns :).

Are there any current pics of the pool area? Is it usable? We have never been to CB but are considering it, just really care about the pool.
I didn't take any pics of the pool when we were there this past week, but the construction has no impact on the pools. You can see the construction at Centertown from the main pool area, but it isn't a problem. My kids loved the waterslides and wish we were still there to swim!
We also used the smaller "quiet" pool by our room and this was nice for the days we didn't have as long of an afternoon break- each of the resort areas has a pool like this and they are all open as well.

Stopped by CBR yesterday to eat lunch at Spyglass and check out the construction since we were going to the parks with my parents who have been going to CBR for decades. Here’s some photos of the construction that I saw. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, but I won’t go into detail about each photo (it would take me forever lol). Overall, for CBR die-hards, this is a lot of change. Some for the better, some for the worse. The resort still made my heart happy though, especially in places where you couldn’t see the Riviera building and the gondola poles. Still the same old tried and true CBR in those spots :)

IMG_12.jpg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image7.jpeg image8.jpeg image9.jpeg image10.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!