Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I have been watching this thread for a few months, preparing for our first family trip to Disney and a stay at CBR in 2 weeks now. Thanks to all of you for so much helpful information! I am not concerned about the construction after reading many positive reviews on this forum, but I was wondering if anyone who has been to the resort recently can help me with a transportation question. We will not have a car, so will be dependent on the buses for transportation-I am prepared that we may have to wait for these and will plan accordingly. My concern is that we have two PPO breakfast reservations at 8am- one at BOG and the other at Akershus- and I wonder if it is reasonable to expect to make it there on time using the Disney buses? Would it be smarter to just use uber and not stress about being late? We are a family of 5 with kids ages 12, 8, and 5 and I really don't want to start the day stressing about this!

I have been watching this thread for a few months, preparing for our first family trip to Disney and a stay at CBR in 2 weeks now. Thanks to all of you for so much helpful information! I am not concerned about the construction after reading many positive reviews on this forum, but I was wondering if anyone who has been to the resort recently can help me with a transportation question. We will not have a car, so will be dependent on the buses for transportation-I am prepared that we may have to wait for these and will plan accordingly. My concern is that we have two PPO breakfast reservations at 8am- one at BOG and the other at Akershus- and I wonder if it is reasonable to expect to make it there on time using the Disney buses? Would it be smarter to just use uber and not stress about being late? We are a family of 5 with kids ages 12, 8, and 5 and I really don't want to start the day stressing about this!
The Disney buses will work,but I would suggest getting to the Bus Stop by 6:45 AM to be safe.

Uber would definitely allow a later departure and alleviate all stress.:)

Last edited:
I have been watching this thread for a few months, preparing for our first family trip to Disney and a stay at CBR in 2 weeks now. Thanks to all of you for so much helpful information! I am not concerned about the construction after reading many positive reviews on this forum, but I was wondering if anyone who has been to the resort recently can help me with a transportation question. We will not have a car, so will be dependent on the buses for transportation-I am prepared that we may have to wait for these and will plan accordingly. My concern is that we have two PPO breakfast reservations at 8am- one at BOG and the other at Akershus- and I wonder if it is reasonable to expect to make it there on time using the Disney buses?

Yes. Buses start rolling at 6:30AM Every day. We've never missed a PPO ADR yet using the buses.

Would it be smarter to just use uber and not stress about being late? We are a family of 5 with kids ages 12, 8, and 5 and I really don't want to start the day stressing about this!

That would remove any chance of being late. I would try the bus and if it's getting close, grab an Uber. There are plenty around.

There is no body lotion, so don’t forget to pack yours! I used to feel the same way about the toiletries but, not anymore. The new stuff is green and smells manly!:crazy2:
oh nooo I was hoping they would have changed the toiletries....they smell like mens aftershave to me...yuk! I will pack my own

The Disney uses will work,but I would suggest getting to the Bus Stop by 6:45 AM to be safe.

Uber would definitely allow a later departure and alleviate all stress.:)
Just wanted to add that if you do use Uber for BOG,have them drop you off at the Contemporary Resort and not at TTC.

From the Contemporary Resort it is a short walk to Magic Kingdom whereas from TTC it requires a Monorail or Ferry ride and will take longer.:)

We are due to check in in 4 days time at CBR Pirate room water view.. Im looking at room requests here as Im going to check in..I guess my only requests would be upstairs/downstairs and corner room? This will be our 10th visit to CBR :) cant wait to get back to my happy place
I will be doing the same thing with my DD at the end of August and would love to get a review from you! I am hoping all the construction will not effect my sleep as I keep hearing reports that they are doing construction up to 2 hours earlier than what they are supposed to start : {

I will be doing the same thing with my DD at the end of August and would love to get a review from you! I am hoping all the construction will not effect my sleep as I keep hearing reports that they are doing construction up to 2 hours earlier than what they are supposed to start : {

You're staying in a Pirate room? They are well separated from the construction, noise wise.

A little slow on updating but as promised I thought I would do a brief review of our latest stay. Background is that CBR has been our go to on property resort the last year. We were lucky enough to stay on 2 separate trips with the gift card bonus (May, August) and then stayed again in January of this year and now here in May. I have stayed value and won't go back. Despite the construction CBR is the theme that appeals the most of the moderates. We have AP's so not once in a lifetime trips.

I got to go at the food tent once and all 5 of us ate there one morning. It was fine.

This May the construction was probably the most obvious I have seen it. One thing to realize about the highly requested Jamaica/Aruba 45 51 is that the gondola station is right there now.

As posted despite my repeated requests for Jamaica we ended up in Aruba. Not just Aruba 56. For reference on the map that is the building closest to the Riviera construction. Our room was facing the parking lot and bus stop. There was nothing they could/would do and no pixie dust ever fell. :(

BUT it ended up okay. My complaints with the room location ended up being noise from the bus and a neighbor 2 doors down who insisted on smoking right outside his room. They also had a baby who enjoyed exercising his lungs.

We had two connecting rooms. Oddly enough one had the pull down bed and one did not. That was fine for us because we just needed one, but it was still a little odd and could be a problem for some. For those worried about noise I would suggest this. Definitely worth the small investment.
https://www.amazon.com/Marpac-White-Noise-Machine-Portable/dp/B01D50RZQI?th=1

Once I walked down the path between buildings this was the view to Riviera.
yKphPtbm.jpg

I have three girls. We were going to take a trip to the beach this trip for once but the sand at CBR ended up good enough.

You can see in the background and foreground of the picture that while there is construction CBR is still there like it always has been. Let me know if any other questions or concerns.

Last edited:
Yes. Buses start rolling at 6:30AM Every day. We've never missed a PPO ADR yet using the buses.

That would remove any chance of being late. I would try the bus and if it's getting close, grab an Uber. There are plenty around.
Thanks! I feel better about trying the bus and keeping Uber as a back-up :)

Just wanted to add that if you do use Uber for BOG,have them drop you off at the Contemporary Resort and not at TTC.

From the Contemporary Resort it is a short walk to Magic Kingdom whereas from TTC it requires a Monorail or Ferry ride and will take longer.:)
Good to know! If we use uber, I will keep that in mind!

I wonder if it is reasonable to expect to make it there on time using the Disney buses? Would it be smarter to just use uber and not stress about being late? We are a family of 5 with kids ages 12, 8, and 5 and I really don't want to start the day stressing about this!

We have the exact same scenario & our kids are the same ages. Be sure to report back & let us know what worked best! Have a great trip!

We stayed at CBR from 5/9 to 5/14 Martinique building 24 water view. Even though we were close to construction, it didn't bother us at all. The only slight inconvenience was the walking path detour to Centertown/ main pool, but even that wasn't bad. We didn't eat in the tent, but the food truck was decent and Spyglass was really good. The pool party with the characters was lots of fun and the we all enjoyed the sunset festival! If you were there at the same time, I apologize for the karaoke!

Anyone who has been recently:

Would this be a enjoyable stay to spend at the resort for 3 days if you are doing resort only and want to relax, swim in pools, bikes etc.?

Are there any veggie burgers, fish sandwiches or vegetarian options at Spyglass or food trucks?

(We have been to this resort a few times but not since construction)

Last edited:
I think we can now safely say that the "CBR Experience" will be much different "Post Disney Skyliner" as compared to "Pre Disney Skyliner"!lol:)

WDWNT
942A798E-2E34-4B73-9B89-ED7D7841AEA0-1200x800.jpeg

32558776-9B23-4F75-8C56-4391B051B967-1200x800.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter