Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Check-in will be at Custom House until the new Lobby area is finished at OPR. I believe the best "guesstimate" is sometime around the end of the year.

Check-in will be at Custom House until the new Lobby area is finished at OPR. I believe the best "guesstimate" is sometime around the end of the year.

I'm really bummed about that too. One of the many things we love about CBR was that the check in/out was away from the food court, arcade, shop, etc. Kept it not so crazy as other resorts.

I'm really bummed about that too. One of the many things we love about CBR was that the check in/out was away from the food court, arcade, shop, etc. Kept it not so crazy as other resorts.

Who knows? We hardcore CBR types might actually *like* (gasp!) the changes. I am especially excited about the new Shutters and Banana Cabana. From the looks of it, that will definitely be an upgrade.

So, my oldest dd decided she will be going with us, 41 days out from our trip! Eek.

That means we had to switch from CSR to CBR, which we don't mind because we love CBR!

But, I have a question about MDE. We have never used it. We will be using it for our flight home.

I know I can call bell services to come get us and our bags, unfortunately its a very early flight.

The flight departure time is at 6:50 am :scared: about how long before we need to board MDE do I need to call them or should I call them the night before and schedule it? Thanks! I don't want to miss the bus!

We have been going to CBR since I was a child (28 now) and I must admit, I've always LOVED the Custom House! We have such fond memories of playing in it as kids while the parents checked us in, watching the little tv with cartoons on it, the feel of the building and decor, the smell... it all meant we were "HOME" and about to have the best time ever! I'll truly be sad when its gone. We even went and took a few pictures of it when we heard it would be torn down, to remember it by!

The flight departure time is at 6:50 am :scared: about how long before we need to board MDE do I need to call them or should I call them the night before and schedule it? Thanks! I don't want to miss the bus!

For domestic flights DME pickup is about 3 hours before your flight. For international it's 4 hours. Recently during very busy times everyone had the 4 hour pickup time. So for your flight I'd expect the bus to depart at 4 AM or so for a domestic flight. Call bell services the day before to arrange your ride to Custom House.

Hi I'm new to the forum. So glad I found it. We are staying at CBR and everyone I talked to and the Disney blog said that OPR would be finished in the Fall so we planned to be there Nov 25th. My heart sank when I saw your post. Do you think it won't be ready by the time we are there? Thanks for your help!

Hi I'm new to the forum. So glad I found it. We are staying at CBR and everyone I talked to and the Disney blog said that OPR would be finished in the Fall so we planned to be there Nov 25th. My heart sank when I saw your post. Do you think it won't be ready by the time we are there? Thanks for your help!

They ran into some unforeseen issues. It's due to open sometime in December.

image.jpeg Just back from CBR...we had an amazing time! The construction did not interfere with our experience at all. We received the free pins in our room. We were assigned Aruba 5217. Ground floor, great location! Aruba pool was literally right outside our front door. The little marketplace was steps away and offered free hot drinks every morning. We ate in "the tent" for the breakfast buffet and everything was good and fresh. Our family was very pleased with our room and the pleasant and courteous staff. I wouldn't hesitate to book again...even if it's still under construction. We were sad to leave!

Passport to the parks on youtube has a new video up on the construction. He's been doing them pretty frequently. The wind is a little bad, but it's a pretty good walk around. Video was done 5/21.

Last edited:
View attachment 324053 View attachment 324054 View attachment 324055 We've just had a 3 night stay at CBR. We were in Martinique 2511 right next to the market room 2509. Didn't see the constriction from our room just when we walked to the pool you need to go through it. The pool is good. Looks bigger in the pictures!! My youngest got height checked in the splash area. No one was in it and she just made it under. We didnt use the resort bus but each side has its own. We used the internal bus to get to reception and it only took 10 mins total to go from Martinique all the way round and back.

View attachment 324047 View attachment 324048 View attachment 324049 View attachment 324050 View attachment 324051 View attachment 324052

We are going next month:
1. How is the new quick service dining location?
2. Opinions on best locations to balance bus access for rope drop and less exposure to construction and (less important) pool?
3. If you are wishing you stayed somewhere else can you mention that to as I can still move around reservations...I had seen more negative comments a couple months ago...

We will be at CBR from August 14-23. Any recommendations on which village for the least amount of construction views?
We are booked in a room only preferred view August 14-16 and a waterview room AUgust 16-23. Unfortunately had to split the reservation when we added on - no waterview BB free dining rooms available. I know we will be in Trinidad North the first two nights and wanted to request staying in that village (if not the same room) for the next week. Is that a good idea?

We thought the new quick service was great. I had gotten the smoked turkey breast sandwhich without avocado and couldn't finish it all. We got DS the taco's. He didn't eat them (he's picky so she shared DD's hamburger). DH ate his tacos and said he was really impressed with them. I don't remember which burger DH got, but he said it was really good.

As far as bus locations I'd see if you could get one around the Trinidad North stop if you're in a preferred room. We were in building 31 which had a view of the construction, but it didn't bother us as we never heard it. If you could get building 33 that would keep you away from the construction and the main pool. There is a pool towards the south end of 31, but whenever we went by it we hardly saw anyone there, if any.

We honestly loved it here. All the cast members we ran into were super friendly. Our wait times for the bus were always fairly short. If we had to choose we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Awesome picture of the CBR Skyliner Station and view towards AoA/POP.:)

Walt-Disney-World-Gondola-System_Full_32761.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!