Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I didn't know they have singing pirates. Sounds like fun!
They are!

They are not there every night,but there is a Band of some sort every night during the Refurb(and everybody is hoping they make nightly entertainment PERMANENT).:)

Checked in today, staying in Jamaica. The construction is noticeable but doesn’t ruin the magic or atmosphere IMO. Had the buffet dinner and was pleasantly surprised. It’s a great value on the DDP. Really enjoyed the conch soup and the meat station.

The singing pirates started at our table and that was really fun. Having a blast so far.

Hope you are having a great trip! I am curious, does the gondola construction impact Jamaica at all as far as getting around or noise, etc? We are shooting to stay in Jamaica when we are there. Thanks so much!

Hope you are having a great trip! I am curious, does the gondola construction impact Jamaica at all as far as getting around or noise, etc? We are shooting to stay in Jamaica when we are there. Thanks so much!

We just left after a week stay in Jamaica room 4608 bottom corner room right next to the bus loop we are at the airport now waiting to go home :(

We heard no construction noise from our room we were always out of our room about 8-8:30am and back after park close every day

This was the second time we stayed here the first 2 years back before any construction and then just this week

We really like this resort and would stay again the construction did not bother us or affect us a lot

Only down side is the food options which we only eat breakfast at the resort and the other down side is getting to and from the front desk at check in and check out besides that getting around was easy never really had to wait long for buses to and from the parks and being in Jamaica it was just a quick walk over the bridge to the food tent every morning where the line was never long and moved quickly

Here now, in Aruba 56. Not the best location but beggars can't be choosers - our ground floor and adjoining requests were more important than location. The construction really hasn't had much impact on our stay - you hear it during the day, especially by the quiet pool, but it is pretty easy to tune out. And the nice part about our location is that the car is just steps from our door... Which is nice because we've had terrible bus-luck this trip.

I would STRONGLY recommend anyone travelling with a wheelchair in your party request Martinique or pay for Trinidad North because by the time buses get to Aruba there's no room for a guest in a chair. On our arrival night, we watched 3 Disney Springs buses come in too full to get DS's SO on, and each driver assured us the next one would have room. We finally just drove. And we had the same problem trying to get to MK this morning - 35 minutes, three buses, every one of them coming in at least half full and the attendant assuring us that the next one would have room for the chair. Then the times board updated to show the next bus almoat a half hour away and once again we just drove, figuring that with a half hour for the crowds to build at the bus stops again, there would be no chance of getting in that one either.

But other than that, the resort has been lovely. I love having the Freestyle machine in the next building over, and we've spent two afternoons poolside enjoying the sunshine. We declined housekeeping on both rooms for the gift card incentive, but haven't seen/heard the security checks that some have been so upset about and had no problem getting extra shampoo and conditioner for our stay.

We're less than 40 days out from our first CBR stay. Only other trip was an AoA family suite. I'm really looking forward to it, even with limited dining. I imagine we'll do one breakfast and one dinner buffet, maybe try the trucks if they look good. We weren't offended by any of the food we had last trip, so maybe we're just completely unrefined.

My biggest concern is the kids fighting over the murphy bed. :D

I'm really looking forward to it, even with limited dining. I imagine we'll do one breakfast and one dinner buffet, maybe try the trucks if they look good.
And remember that Spyglass Grille at Trinidad South will be rolling by then.:)

I love, love, love having the coke freestyle machines in each island. A short walk to drinks would make the cups much more worth spending the money. Otherwise we get drinks delivered.

We haven’t been in our room at all during the day but no construction noise so far. You can see what I assume is gondola construction from the Jamaica bus stop

I have a couple questions. We are booked in the preferred rooms in June. Were the preferred rooms refurbished? Also, how late is food being served? We probably won't arrive to resort until around 9:00 pm on our checkin day. Can a uber driver come to our building to pick us up, because we will need to take all of our luggage to head to our cruise and it would be a pain to take all that to the custom house. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Doing our first stay at CBR. My daughter's flight is arriving after midnight. She will rent a car at MCO. Can she drive directly to our room? What does she need at the guard shack? or since we are already checked in is there a place for her to just scan her magic band to allow her access to the property?

Can a uber driver come to our building to pick us up, because we will need to take all of our luggage to head to our cruise and it would be a pain to take all that to the custom house. Thanks for any information you can give me.
. I don’t know about Uber but our driver from a private service picked us up at Custom House so we called Bell Services the night before to arrange a time and the next morning they came and picked up our luggage for us ( and offered to take us too but we weren’t quite ready) and then it was waiting for us at Custom House when we arrived via internal bus a little while later. So that is an option if they don’t come to your area.

Last edited:
I have a couple questions. We are booked in the preferred rooms in June. Were the preferred rooms refurbished?

Yes, all rooms were refurbished.

Can a uber driver come to our building to pick us up, because we will need to take all of our luggage to head to our cruise and it would be a pain to take all that to the custom house. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Yup. Your driver will pick you up at the circular drive of your building.

We requested Jamaica 45 thinking that we'd walk across the bridge to take the bus from the Old Port Royale stop. Is that bus stop still there with the construction? Is it easy to get to or do you have to walk through a maze of construction fences? We really like the look and feel of things in the Jamaica section, but we don't want to rely on the bus not being full when it gets to us.

We requested Jamaica 45 thinking that we'd walk across the bridge to take the bus from the Old Port Royale stop. Is that bus stop still there with the construction? Is it easy to get to or do you have to walk through a maze of construction fences? We really like the look and feel of things in the Jamaica section, but we don't want to rely on the bus not being full when it gets to us.

Yes the Old Port Royal stop is still there. Though it's definitely not as easy to get to as it was before construction. Personally, unless I was already at the food tent having breakfast I would not use the OPR stop. I would use the closest one. Since they started sending 2 buses per park in the mornings, there have not been any reports of full buses having to leave guests behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter