Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

parkbr Thanks for the details on your recent trip. I am curious about where the
dme drops you off and then you have to take another shuttle to your area of the resort? And then when you go back to the airport on dme how do you get back to the dme bus? Our flight leaves at 7:30am and I don’t think the internal buses even run that early. I’ve heard of someone scheduling a pick up service but I wasn’t sure if that’s what I need to do or what.
We arrive Saturday and leave Tuesday morning. My daughter is coughing a lot so that’s frustrating. I’m hoping This won’t turn into something worse. Sunday is 80% rain too! But we won’t let that stop us from having fun. We are only going to magic kingdom for 2 days and coming home.

When DME drops you off at Custom House,you can either take the Internal Shuttle to your Island or ask Bell Services to take you in a Van.

When going home,call Bell Services and schedule a Pick-up time and they will come get you in a van and take you to Custom House where DME will pick you up.

Bell Services is open 24/7.:)

And WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!!

Exactly this!!

Bell Service for pick-up is quite on-time. :)

We used to be able to walk from Custom House to the buildings, but with the construction, that's no longer an option.

Have fun and hope your daughter feels better soon! =)
MK is AMAZING.. We still think about it every day. :)

Our daughter, who is 3, almost 4, dressed like Belle at MK and so many CMs bowing to her saying "Your Majesty" and she responded back with curtsy.
She truly thought she was Belle whole day, and when we went to BOG, she kept on saying "my castle" and when we said food was good, she said "that is because my cooks are really good." LOL.

Can’t answer your question but would encourage a bit of reflection.
I’ve oft been through the ‘can’t afford’ scenario, but this year has changed all that. At the beginning of this month I was informed that I have incurable cancer. My planned April trip may, all of a sudden, be my last. They’re delaying chemo to allow me to enjoy it. Needless to say it has refocused my mind in terms of what I can afford vs enjoying life.
I’ve been given 2-3 years as best case scenario and chemo permitting will fit as much in as possible (including more Disney if I can).
I know that, for most, there’s a fine line between fiscal sense and justifying enjoyment, but I’ve now got to the point of not being able to justify NOT doing things while I still can.

Work to live...don’t live to work.

GoofyGraham ...

We did the same exact thing when my Mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She wanted to go to Disney one last time ... so we lived it up and stayed at the Beach Club. My sisters and their kids came too ... we ended getting a room upgrade. Not one thing "went wrong". We all knew it would be her last trip, but it was still truly magical. We love talking about it and all have great memories of her last Disney trip.

D209ECC4-38B5-4678-8811-01A088376D68.jpeg View attachment 299926 I saw this reviewing recent TripAdvisor reviews. This was a management response from yesterday Feb 1. Did I miss there is a new room refurb coming? What is the timing?

Edit highlighted pertinent passage

We just got back from a 6 night stay at CBR. We have AP’s and this was my third stay since May and the start of construction. I got used to the gift card offer so missed having that this time,

5 of us were in 2 connecting rooms in Aruba 53. Agree that is a location that is far from everything...but I was just happy to have the connecting rooms so didn’t complain.

We never rode the bus.

We took full advantage of the complimentary coffee. I know I am coffee obsessed but in my opinion that is a huge perk right now that is under reported.

We did the breakfast one morning. I thought it was great value even out of pocket. We did our share of breakfasts this trip as it is the one meal my kids actually eat, and it was one of the better ones. Or as my husband says “it is all the same slop, and at least CBR was cheaper.” (He doesn’t have a great opinion of WDW food).

I think the rooms are super nice, and that and the cheaper price is why we stayed there again. When people are debating between it and Pop I still think CBR is the way to go. Rooms are bigger and even with construction it is just quieter. If it does end up being loud one day/one morning I think you have to accept that as part of the risk of staying here.

We skipped check in but I visited Trinidad North twice. Once to pay on room charges with the gift card and once to ask about the Minnie Van. Super nice and accommodating there and not busy at all.

As far as where to recommend to stay I really don’t know. Right by the bridge and Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 they were digging up a bunch of trees while we were there. Construction is just all over.

I booked a bounceback for May and didn’t hesitate to do CBR again. For us the Murphy bed puts it over Coronado (which has its share of construction). The extra money for Port Orleans takes it out of the running for me.

I've read through the last 10 or so pages of posts and I see many talking about how the buses were "fine", but I do still have some questions because our searching elsewhere indicates bussing at CBR is different than other resorts and we want to plan accordingly.

Backstory - we've been to WDW twice as a family (Jan '13, Mar/Apr '14) and stayed in Pop both times, where we never waited longer than 15-20 min for a bus. We are going again Feb 26-Mar 2 and are staying in CBR because of availability, price, and having 6 people (1 being 2 1/2 so doesn't "count"). The construction and limited eating options don't bother us.

So, questions:

What buildings might you recommend we request? Mr. DVD put "near transportation" on the online check-in thing but we didn't realize you could call and request specific buildings. We don't care about being near the food, just near transportation and preferably not in one that's likely to have buses already be full and pass right by (which is something we saw on a few websites).

We're rope drop people and are prepared to get up as early as necessary to get to the park 1/2 hour before opening. How early should we get to the bus stop if that's our plan? I'd rather a thousand times be milling around at the park entrance because we got there *too* early than missing rope drop and already feeling "behind".

I'm pretty sure I get the "nuances" of the buses for CBR, that first to pick up means you definitely get a spot on the bus but you have to allow extra time for the bus to go to all the other pick-up spots, likewise last to pick up means you're going straight from your spot to the park, but you run the risk of the bus being full. Really any information that recent and/or frequent CBR goers can share, would be helpful. Many thanks!

I've read through the last 10 or so pages of posts and I see many talking about how the buses were "fine", but I do still have some questions because our searching elsewhere indicates bussing at CBR is different than other resorts and we want to plan accordingly.

The buses are no different at CBR than any other resort that has multiple bus stops.

What buildings might you recommend we request?

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations.

Mr. DVD put "near transportation" on the online check-in thing but we didn't realize you could call and request specific buildings. We don't care about being near the food, just near transportation and preferably not in one that's likely to have buses already be full and pass right by (which is something we saw on a few websites).

Since every village has it's own bus stop, every single room at CBR is close to transportation. Like a 30 to 90 second walk.

We're rope drop people and are prepared to get up as early as necessary to get to the park 1/2 hour before opening. How early should we get to the bus stop if that's our plan?

We are at the bus stop 45-60 minutes before we want to be at the park and have always had plenty of time.

I'm pretty sure I get the "nuances" of the buses for CBR, that first to pick up means you definitely get a spot on the bus but you have to allow extra time for the bus to go to all the other pick-up spots, likewise last to pick up means you're going straight from your spot to the park, but you run the risk of the bus being full. Really any information that recent and/or frequent CBR goers can share, would be helpful. Many thanks!

We have over 65 nights total at CBR and usually go during Free Dining (plus 2 Christmas week trips) when the resort is at capacity and have never had to stand on a bus going to the parks. Not saying it doesn't happen, but we've never experienced it. But then again, we're a rope drop family so not sure if it's different later in the morning.

What buildings might you recommend we request? Mr. DVD put "near transportation" on the online check-in thing but we didn't realize you could call and request specific buildings. We don't care about being near the food, just near transportation and preferably not in one that's likely to have buses already be full and pass right by (which is something we saw on a few websites).

I’m eagerly anticipating my first visit to CBR too.... my previous stays have been at SSR where the same rule regarding a circular bus route led to our choosing a favourite building.... however, peeps on here have mentioned a few times that at peak pick up times.... ie, first thing in the morning, the Resort is divided in 2 and separate buses pick up from each half so failing to have space on a bus is lessened. I have asked for Jamaica nearest the bridge for access to everything, not specifically for buses.

My family of 4 stayed at CBR during Marathon Weekend and the weekdays after in Jan. I liked the layout of the room and the resort but had some issues.
1. The app didn't work for notifying me when our room was ready. We waited until 4PM and called to get our room because the app didn't have a room update. When I got home I had an email to my home account at 12:30 that I didn't get.
2. The shower curtain in our room was brand new and the plastic smell was overwhelming.
3. The bathroom was not as clean as I expected. There was a large accumulation of dust along the floor trim. I could tell that it hadn't been cleaned in quite some time.
4. One morning about 10:30AM I had to wait 40 minutes for a bus. Saw multiple buses for all other locations.

The pools and grounds looked very nice. Bell service was really fast.

With the construction right now, which bus stop is first? I don't want to get a room where we'll be at the 3rd or 4th bus stop and wind up with a full bus all the time.

Does anyone have photo or info. updates on spyglass Grill? I feel like I haven't heard much about it and didn't know it was close to done. I have 2 nights April 5-7 and received an email that said it would be available during my stay.

Does anyone have photo or info. updates on spyglass Grill? I feel like I haven't heard much about it and didn't know it was close to done. I have 2 nights April 5-7 and received an email that said it would be available during my stay.
We were over at CBR a couple of weeks ago and checked on the Spyglass progress-it is really coming along and they are shooting for a March open.

It will be a such a nice addition to Trinidad South because of the large distance from Trinidad South to Centertown.:)

25972037868_104693c320_h.jpg

We were over at CBR a couple of weeks ago and checked on the Spyglass progress-it is really coming along and they are shooting for a March open.

It will be a such a nice addition to Trinidad South because of the large distance from Trinidad South to Centertown.:)

25972037868_104693c320_h.jpg
That's awesome. Its pretty big too. On the other side of that, is that the lake it's facing? Wondering if it will have waterside tables, or tables with a view at least.

That's awesome. Its pretty big too. On the other side of that, is that the lake it's facing? Wondering if it will have waterside tables, or tables with a view at least.
Here is the side facing the lake.

I "think" there will still be a sidewalk between Spyglass and the beach,but it does "look" like there may be a view of the lake from parts of Spyglass-we will find out for sure soon.:)

I think this is a huge thing-Trinidad South will be the only "section" of a WDW Resort with its own restaurant!:)

28289338129_334b636a2c_h.jpg

Here is the side facing the lake.

I "think" there will still be a sidewalk between Spyglass and the beach,but it does "look" like there may be a view of the lake from parts of Spyglass-we will find out for sure soon.:)

I think this is a huge thing-Trinidad South will be the only "section" of a WDW Resort with its own restaurant!:)

28289338129_334b636a2c_h.jpg
Is it going to be quick service? Anyone
know anything about the menu?

My family and I are headed down for Princess Half Marathon weekend, and I'm running the 10k and half. Did anyone stay here for Marathon weekend? Where were the expo and race buses located?

Is it going to be quick service? Anyone
know anything about the menu?
Definitely QS.:)

There just isn't much info yet regarding Menu or the actual "set-up" such as will there be a lot of indoor seating,will there be outdoor seating,etc.

The building does look rather large so there could be a good many tables-there just doesn't seem to be any info on this at this point.:)

View attachment 299927 View attachment 299926 I saw this reviewing recent TripAdvisor reviews. This was a management response from yesterday Feb 1. Did I miss there is a new room refurb coming? What is the timing?

Edit highlighted pertinent passage

So does anyone know about the laminate floors in the room and bathroom refurbishments referenced in this Disney cast member response? When is this expected to happen at CBR as it was clearly referenced by Disney it was clearly coming soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!