Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

A few questions for our upcoming trip in March:
4. Any suggestions for what to eat on our arrival night. Our flight gets in at 7pm and we're taking DME. Some options: eat at the airport before leaving the terminal, order pizza in the room, Disney Springs...is there anything CS open at Disney Springs around 9-10 pm or at the resort at that time?

If you particularly like or want pizza, I’d recommend the new Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza at Disney Springs, they’re open til midnight.
Choose the sauce and toppings as they build the pizza, wait 3 minutes for them to cook it, you can eat in or they have half pizza boxes near the exit should you wish to take any back to CBR with you.
(There is a good vid on YouTube)

Has there been any indication that prices will increase once the renovations (including the gondola) are complete? I'm thinking ahead to a possible 2019 trip (can't afford one this year :sad:) and want to make it as inexpensive as possible. I really don't want to stay in a value, so I thought CBR would be perfect, unless the rates go way up.

Has there been any indication that prices will increase once the renovations (including the gondola) are complete? I'm thinking ahead to a possible 2019 trip (can't afford one this year :sad:) and want to make it as inexpensive as possible. I really don't want to stay in a value, so I thought CBR would be perfect, unless the rates go way up.
Can’t answer your question but would encourage a bit of reflection.
I’ve oft been through the ‘can’t afford’ scenario, but this year has changed all that. At the beginning of this month I was informed that I have incurable cancer. My planned April trip may, all of a sudden, be my last. They’re delaying chemo to allow me to enjoy it. Needless to say it has refocused my mind in terms of what I can afford vs enjoying life.
I’ve been given 2-3 years as best case scenario and chemo permitting will fit as much in as possible (including more Disney if I can).
I know that, for most, there’s a fine line between fiscal sense and justifying enjoyment, but I’ve now got to the point of not being able to justify NOT doing things while I still can.

Work to live...don’t live to work.

I’ve oft been through the ‘can’t afford’ scenario, but this year has changed all that. At the beginning of this month I was informed that I have incurable cancer. My planned April trip may, all of a sudden, be my last. They’re delaying chemo to allow me to enjoy it. Needless to say it has refocused my mind in terms of what I can afford vs enjoying life.
I’ve been given 2-3 years as best case scenario and chemo permitting will fit as much in as possible (including more Disney if I can).
I know that, for most, there’s a fine line between fiscal sense and justifying enjoyment, but I’ve now got to the point of not being able to justify NOT doing things while I still can.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Graham. I wish you the best of luck and hope that your April trip is your most magical yet.

1. The Island markets are rooms that were converted to little shops right?
2. Did I read that the coffee if free at them right now? Isn't there coffee in the room for free too?
3. We'll be bringing along some breakfasty things to eat in the room. Does the Island market have a microwave that guests can use...or do you have to buy items from them to use it? Also, do they have toasters at the Island markets?
4. Any suggestions for what to eat on our arrival night. Our flight gets in at 7pm and we're taking DME. Some options: eat at the airport before leaving the terminal, order pizza in the room, Disney Springs...is there anything CS open at Disney Springs around 9-10 pm or at the resort at that time?

Told by 2 different CM’s today (there morning and afternoon) that coffee, tea, hot chocolate at village markets is complimentary. It is coffee in an urn and a hot water urn with teabags and hot chocolate packets available.

2 images of the coffee station by the food tent show cups, covers and coffee urns with no visiblemeans of taking payment or scanning rfid cups, I’d guess it’s free, unless it’s expected that only those paying for meals use them. Someone else may be able to answer definitively.
3. Yes they have microwaves and, I believe, the food tent as well. I don’t think there are toasters in the island markets but I think someone has mentioned here that there are in the tent.

Yes-coffee outside Centertown Buffet is complimentary and Microwaves only in the Island Markets and Microwave/Toasters in Centertown Buffet.:)

Prayers for you....Thank you for an eye opener. Perfectly said.

Graham, I am so sorry about your diagnosis. You really put it in perspective for all of us here. I hope you are able to find peace and joy with the time remaining.

Kim, Aruba 53 should be great. You can bring your contigo cups and fill them with coffee, tea or cocoa for free. They also have disposable cups you can use.

Ejgonz2, the pool parties are listed as being every Sunday, Tuesday and Friday on the activity calendar. They don't mention the characters because they aren't guaranteed. The week we were there, we caught the parties on Sunday and Thursday. I'm not sure if the Friday party was moved up to Thursday due to impending rain or maybe they host the parties everyday? We were at the parks the other days, so I'm not sure. The party with the characters was from 1-2pm.

dminnie, I'll chime in, even though you've already got quite a bit of feedback. I'd forego airport food. If your group is all adults, I'd definitely hit up disney springs. Plenty of food options will still be open, plus you can celebrate beginning your vacation with a cocktail. If you have children along, I'd order pizza to the room. There's no way my daughter would be in any shape to behave while out to eat, at that time of night, after a long day of travel. Older kids would probably be fine though. The pizza isn't awesome, but it's not terrible and it is very convenient.

2. Did I read that the coffee if free at them right now? Isn't there coffee in the room for free too?
3. We'll be bringing along some breakfasty things to eat in the room. Does the Island market have a microwave that guests can use...or do you have to buy items from them to use it? Also, do they have toasters at the Island markets?
I would grab a quick bite at the airport just to make sure you had something to eat. If everything goes to plan, you still have the option to go to Disney Springs and pick up a snack, treat or cocktail.

we are in the boat we land around 7ish and I think we are just going to grab something quick at the airport. I know after a long flight we just want to get to the resort and relax for the next full day in the park

I’m so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

BUT, please don’t give up hope. I work in cancer research and there are so, so many new and exciting treatments being worked on. I’m confident in the not too distant future cancer will be more of a manageable chronic disease for most.

we are in the boat we land around 7ish and I think we are just going to grab something quick at the airport. I know after a long flight we just want to get to the resort and relax for the next full day in the park
Getting something at the airport is what I'm leaning towards. Will probably all be way too hungry if we wait and we want to get up early in the morning to hit the parks.

At CBR now. Minnie Van now at CBR. Used it last night to go back and forth to Hoop De Doo. Worked great.

Did you have a previous stay at a Deluxe where they enabled the Minnie Van service on your Lyft app? Did they enable it at CBR? Or did it just work?

Did you have a previous stay at a Deluxe where they enabled the Minnie Van service on your Lyft app? Did they enable it at CBR? Or did it just work?

I can’t afford deluxe. Mostly just stay at CBR! I read about it, downloaded the Lyft app while we were at Epcot yesterday morning and then when I got back to CBR I went to the concierge at Trinidad North. I gave them my phone number and that then added the code as an option on the app. Easy as can be. Today I had to go back over there and they had fliers and signage up that they didn’t have yesterday. Only bad part now is that my girls are all about it and just want to take a Minnie Van again!

Last edited:
I can’t afford deluxe. Mostly just atagat CBR. . I read about it, downloaded the Lyft app while we were at Epcot yesterday morning and then when I got back to CBR I went to the concierge at Trinidad North. I gave them my phone number and that then added the code as an option on the app. Easy as can be. Today I had to go back over there and they had fliers and signage up that they didn’t have yesterday. Only bad part now is that my girls are all about it and just want to take a Minnie Van again!

Thank you for the update! I asked because before your report only guest what are staying, or stayed, at a Deluxe were able to get the Minnie Van service activated in Lyft.

Thank you for the update! I asked because before your report only guest what are staying, or stayed, at a Deluxe were able to get the Minnie Van service activated in Lyft.

Yes I think they just expanded it to CBR and Saratoga Springs this week. Driver said it will be coming to Pop soon. One item different that has changed from when it started is that tips are allowed/expected. So that is something to budget for.

Im apologizing in advance. I know it's frustrating to ask questions that no-one for sure knows the answer to. I haven't read through the whole thread but I have kept up to date as much as I can. Just wanted to clear up what the more current timelines for refurbishment are.

I understand that original post in this thread is regularly updated with the latest news. I see that the current estimated window for Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post refurb is May 2017 - June 30th 2018.

I was excited to book my vacation for Nov '18 after seeing that that part of the refurb would be completed before my visit.

However, I recently contacted Dreams Unlimited, which is obviously affiliated with DIS. They're directing me to http://wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm which specifically mentions the following re: Caribbean Beach
Several villages within the resort will not be available. Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed starting 5/2017- through Fall 2018

Any thoughts on which of these estimates would be more accurate and/or when to expect updates on progress?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi I have had a letter today from my UK travel agent which states the following:

As you may be aware, the Old Port Royale shopping and dining venues at the Resort are currently under
refurbishment. This construction was originally scheduled to be completed prior to your arrival, however,
Disney have advised us that this has been extended and now due for completion at the end of 2018. During
this time, the Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and
Calypso Trading Post will remain closed.

Please be assured that there will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and
dinner. Centertown, a dining location, will serve a Caribbean-style buffet for breakfast and a la carte offerings
for dinner. A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in three island
markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort. The in-room pizza delivery
service will remain available. Coca-Cola Freestyle machines will be available throughout the resort to refill
resort mugs.

Disney dining plans will be accepted for these offerings and all dining locations will offer menu options to meet
dietary needs.

Further to this. they're creating a new transportation system, Disney's Skyliner, which will give guests a bird's-
eye view of Walt Disney World Resort while traveling via gondolas.

Hopefully this update will help someone.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter