Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in March. Today I received an email that has me concerned about whether or not we are going to enjoy our stay. The email says "Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00AM daily". It also says "During your stay, the following venues will be unavailable due to refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar, Goombay Games Arcade and Calypso Trading Post".

Our family of 4 have stayed on property for 5 years in a row. Pop Century twice, and once at each All Stars resort. We like taking the Disney Transportation System to the parks and really like being able to park our vehicle and relaxing the whole time we are there.

This year we are bringing our 12 year old niece for her first visit ever to Disney World, so we book ourselves into the Caribbean Beach Resort because we needed a room for 5. I am starting to get worried that we are booked into a construction zone that doesn't even have the Disney feel.

We are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in March. Today I received an email that has me concerned about whether or not we are going to enjoy our stay. The email says "Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00AM daily". It also says "During your stay, the following venues will be unavailable due to refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar, Goombay Games Arcade and Calypso Trading Post".

Our family of 4 have stayed on property for 5 years in a row. Pop Century twice, and once at each All Stars resort. We like taking the Disney Transportation System to the parks and really like being able to park our vehicle and relaxing the whole time we are there.

This year we are bringing our 12 year old niece for her first visit ever to Disney World, so we book ourselves into the Caribbean Beach Resort because we needed a room for 5. I am starting to get worried that we are booked into a construction zone that doesn't even have the Disney feel.

There was a banner on the page when you booked that stated there is significant construction going on and it has been active for over a year. The front page of the thread has tons of info, all up to date, about the construction. If you need a room for 5 and don't want the construction, there are several other resorts that do offer that murphy bed now.

This is what we did for Animal Kingdom on December 17th. We used Disney transportation the rest of the time, but we weren't leaving anything to chance when it came to rope dropping FOP. We were staying in Aruba, but walked over to the food tent to grab coffee. Used the app to request an uber as we were walking to the Port Royale bus stop - this was about 7:15. It showed up (at the bus stop) within about 4 minutes, and we were in line at the front gate of AK around 7:30. This was for a 9 a.m. open. There were not many people ahead of us, but man did the line behind us build quickly. They let us through the gate shortly after 8 and we were able to get as far as the bridge into Pandora. They stop you there.

They let us into Pandora around 8:35/8:40, and we were off the ride by 8:55 (we walked right on - this time included the preshow, etc.).

I would think doing all of this but an hour earlier (for an 8am open) would be plenty - especially since you aren't heading to FOP. We rode Navi River standby after FOP (got in line around 9:05) and still only waited about 15/20 minutes since everyone was in line for FOP.

I hope this helps!

That is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! We are doing River Journey, not FoP, so we don't have to get their quite as early, but I really don't want to depend on the busses when we aren't booking FP until the day before and will probably have slim pickings.

My friend and I are staying in a "Preferred Room. Wheelchair accessible with tub and option for hearing accessibility. 2 queen beds." I cannot find the right room on touring plans so I can request it... Am I missing something

My friend and I are staying in a "Preferred Room. Wheelchair accessible with tub and option for hearing accessibility. 2 queen beds." I cannot find the right room on touring plans so I can request it... Am I missing something

The room finder tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types and room amenities. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Hello! We are going to Disney in April and staying at the GF but decided last minute that we'd like to show up a day early and have dinner and stroll around Disney Springs. Thus, we decided to book one night at CBR since we're just really going to sleep there. Not eating or swimming or anything so the construction won't bother us. I have two questions please. It looks like everything is linked up fine in MDE but just wanted to make sure our magic bands would work for our stay at CBR? I figured they will but just checking. I want to skip the check in process if possible.

Also, we obviously won't care about views or location in the resort too much. But we do want a good nights sleep so we can hit the ground running the next morning. We'll be in the car for two days straight before our arrival so we'd like to be fresh. Any advice on room request? Should I just request the quietest room they can offer and trust them with that description?

Thanks so much! I know it's under construction and we'd only be there one night but we're excited to check out a new to us resort.

Hello! We are going to Disney in April and staying at the GF but decided last minute that we'd like to show up a day early and have dinner and stroll around Disney Springs. Thus, we decided to book one night at CBR since we're just really going to sleep there. Not eating or swimming or anything so the construction won't bother us. I have two questions please. It looks like everything is linked up fine in MDE but just wanted to make sure our magic bands would work for our stay at CBR? I figured they will but just checking. I want to skip the check in process if possible.

Also, we obviously won't care about views or location in the resort too much. But we do want a good nights sleep so we can hit the ground running the next morning. We'll be in the car for two days straight before our arrival so we'd like to be fresh. Any advice on room request? Should I just request the quietest room they can offer and trust them with that description?

Thanks so much! I know it's under construction and we'd only be there one night but we're excited to check out a new to us resort.

Yes, your Magic Bands will work for the CBR portion.

Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 would be great locations.

I'm hoping to just use Uber to get to Animal Kingdom at the end of the month. We want to be there early enough to hit River Journey at rope drop...it is an 8 am EMH opening.
First of all, where should we call for Uber? I know typically it is in front of the lobby entrance, but with construction I'm not sure what has changed. What time should we be at the park to get through bag check and be ready to go at rope drop? What time should we call Uber in that case?

If you are only trying to ride Navi River & not FOP, you will probably be fine using Disney transportation. We arrived at 7:30 for an 8:00 EMH last week & walked right on the ride. I think we were the 3rd boat of the day. Literally everyone is going to FOP. Another bonus is you have the rest of the park to yourself till about 10:00.

You can call an Uber directly outside your building though. You do not have to go to the lobby.

We just stayed at CBR from 1/5-1/11. We stayed in Martinique 25 which was wonderful. Here is my take: The construction is very obvious esp in Martinique. Very much an eyesore BUT it did not affect our stay AT ALL. CBR is a beautiful resort & we would stay here again. The construction view prob would have bothered me if I had not known about it beforehand. We never heard any construction sounds during our stay. I had requested Martinique or Jamaica & was very content with our location. I got a text several hours before arrival that our room was ready. It was a 5 min walk to Centertown & main pool & even less to the bus stops.

Dining: We ate at the dinner & breakfast buffet once. The breakfast buffet was very good with lots of variety and a good value for the price. The dinner buffet was just ok to me. It was a good use of a QS credit if you are on the dining plan, but I felt the dinner was not a good value for paying out of pocket.

Buses: Great bus service. Never waited more than 10-15 min going to or coming back from the parks. We used the Old Port Royale stop & it was very convenient. There was only one day that we stopped at Jamaica & Aruba on the way to the parks. I’m assuming this is bc they had their own buses in the morning, so maybe the bus service has improved.

Everything was very clean & the CMs were very friendly. We did not use the pool as it was too cold for us, so can’t comment on that.

What is the package pick up situation currently? We are going next month and I was considering having some food/drinks delivered via Amazon Prime Now. But I read that package pick up is inconvenient.

What is the package pick up situation currently? We are going next month and I was considering having some food/drinks delivered via Amazon Prime Now. But I read that package pick up is inconvenient.

No change in that situation. Packages are delivered to Bell Services. Once in your room, contact Bell Services and ask them to bring up your order.

No change in that situation. Packages are delivered to Bell Services. Once in your room, contact Bell Services and ask them to bring up your order.
They will deliver to the room? I have always been asked to come to the desk to retrieve packages.

We were there over Christmas break and it was fine. True we weren't in the room too much, but it wasn't a deal breaker for our group. We ate at the temporary buffet twice and each time the food quality was decent and not too crowded.

Can anyone give details on the Pirate band (music) playing at the buffet? It was mentioned on a CBR FB page. Is this a regular thing?

On our arrival day we probably won't arrive until around 8:30 p.m. on ME from the airport. We won't want a full dinner, but something. How late are the food trucks open and can you get a hot sandwich from them?

Can anyone give details on the Pirate band (music) playing at the buffet? It was mentioned on a CBR FB page. Is this a regular thing?
Last night there were two guys dressed as pirates with guitars playing at the bar. They were singing margaritaville as we walked by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts