Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So anyone who is there/has been there in the past week or so.....
How are the mosquitoes? I just read a post about how absolutely horrendous they are at some resorts and parks. We fly down in the morning and wondering if I need to go get but spray to bring with us.....please tell me NO because all these little things are starting to add up and I am really stressing over everything.

So anyone who is there/has been there in the past week or so.....
How are the mosquitoes? I just read a post about how absolutely horrendous they are at some resorts and parks. We fly down in the morning and wondering if I need to go get but spray to bring with us.....please tell me NO because all these little things are starting to add up and I am really stressing over everything.
We are staying in Martinique and have had no issues. No problem at parks, either. That said, I've got a very strange bug bite on my lower leg. Hmmm...

Whew....trying to read through the refurb info. Y'all have my head spinning. Great info.
This is our third trip to CBR, but our first with construction.

I have a couple of questions.
1. We drive down and everywhere we go. Will we still be able to park near our building or are some parking areas closed? We have "preferred room" (since that is how we got bounceback dining last fall if that helps), but I have no clue where we will be.

2. The Food Truck for Breakfast--where is it located?

TIA!

Whew....trying to read through the refurb info. Y'all have my head spinning. Great info.
This is our third trip to CBR, but our first with construction.

I have a couple of questions.
1. We drive down and everywhere we go. Will we still be able to park near our building or are some parking areas closed? We have "preferred room" (since that is how we got bounceback dining last fall if that helps), but I have no clue where we will be.

2. The Food Truck for Breakfast--where is it located?

TIA!
1)Yes-you can park at your Island although Barbados is a little tricky.;)

2)To the left of the entrance to Centertown Buffet(Main Pool area).:)

What are the hours of the Buffet?
Thanks!
I "think" Breakfast hours are still between 6:30 AM-11:30 AM, and dinner hours are still between 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM.

The Beverage Station and tables can still be used in between Breakfast and Dinner.:)

Hi all,

Arriving in less than 2 weeks and have a question re luggage.

We arrive into MCO at 19:00 ish and are getting the magic express to the resort. We are letting them pick up our luggage and am wondering will it be the next morning before it reaches our room or will we get it late that night ?

Its just so we can get a carry on bag ready with clothing etc

Hi all,

Arriving in less than 2 weeks and have a question re luggage.

We arrive into MCO at 19:00 ish and are getting the magic express to the resort. We are letting them pick up our luggage and am wondering will it be the next morning before it reaches our room or will we get it late that night ?

Its just so we can get a carry on bag ready with clothing etc

On our last two trips we arrived around that time and our luggage finally arrived well after midnight. No biggie because we were traveling from the west so it wasn't too bad in terms of "our time".

If you really need your bags that night, I'd just skip the yellow tags and pick them yourself. If you can pack your necessities in your carry-on, just ask them to hold your luggage until morning when you check in. If you don't, there will be a knock on your door, probably later than you might wish.

So we have been here about 24+ hours now.
In TS building 35
So room is nice size for us...not far from coke machine however it has been out of coke twice since we have been here..
Has been a bit difficult to figure out where things are and get around
All kinds of construction around the TS pool and paths blocked off so we have had to do a bit of back-tracking to get from point A to point B...hoping we will get the hang of it soon! I know many have said they don’t notice the construction but it is a pain in TS.
Buses have been pretty good so far.
The closest island market is across a main road into Jamaica ... although not ‘far’ it is actually difficult to get to because you either have to actually walk ON the road (the sidewalk ends) or figure out haw to zig zag through the island to get to the market...we won’t be doing that again:(
Very very limited offerings at the market...
Wish they had better signage up to help you figure out what path to take to get to these places.
I guess at this point we are 50/50 on our stay so far. Will see how the rest goes.

So we have been here about 24+ hours now.
In TS building 35
So room is nice size for us...not far from coke machine however it has been out of coke twice since we have been here..
Has been a bit difficult to figure out where things are and get around
All kinds of construction around the TS pool and paths blocked off so we have had to do a bit of back-tracking to get from point A to point B...hoping we will get the hang of it soon! I know many have said they don’t notice the construction but it is a pain in TS.
Buses have been pretty good so far.
The closest island market is across a main road into Jamaica ... although not ‘far’ it is actually difficult to get to because you either have to actually walk ON the road (the sidewalk ends) or figure out haw to zig zag through the island to get to the market...we won’t be doing that again:(
Very very limited offerings at the market...
Wish they had better signage up to help you figure out what path to take to get to these places.
I guess at this point we are 50/50 on our stay so far. Will see how the rest goes.

Thanks for sharing this. We'll be in TS starting Tuesday and I didn't realize there was much pool construction. I'd read it was only minor. I appreciate the heads-up!

Thanks for sharing this. We'll be in TS starting Tuesday and I didn't realize there was much pool construction. I'd read it was only minor. I appreciate the heads-up!
I was surprised as well...spent an hour or so at the pool today....lots of construction noise as it is literally right up to the pool...can’t get to the beach area. Cloudy today and they have increased the chance of rain...praying it holds out until AFTER the party!!

Hello all, thanks for all the useful posts!! What are the current recommended buildings/ rooms to request at Caribbean beach to avoid the construction areas? Our reservation is for a standard room, two adults only. Stay is for the last week of October 2017. Which buildings should we request for our room? Thanks a lot!

I was surprised as well...spent an hour or so at the pool today....lots of construction noise as it is literally right up to the pool...can’t get to the beach area. Cloudy today and they have increased the chance of rain...praying it holds out until AFTER the party!!
Don't dismiss Martinique...especially the courtyard rooms because you don't actually see construction. Also, the Island Market was always stocked, no issues with coke machine, and quick walk to either Martinique or Old Port Royal bus stops (depending on your location) which are first and second bus stop pick ups.

Hello all, thanks for all the useful posts!! What are the current recommended buildings/ rooms to request at Caribbean beach to avoid the construction areas? Our reservation is for a standard room, two adults only. Stay is for the last week of October 2017. Which buildings should we request for our room? Thanks a lot!

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are great locations.
Thanks a lot for the response! Do they happen to be near transportation or are they away from bus transportation (we would rather have a quiet room away from construction rather than just being near transportation - but wanted to clarify anyway). thanks a million!

Thanks a lot for the response! Do they happen to be near transportation or are they away from bus transportation (we would rather have a quiet room away from construction rather than just being near transportation - but wanted to clarify anyway). thanks a million!

Every village has it's own bus stop so you will be close. Plus they're both away from the construction and very peaceful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!