Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are on our way to CBR now and just got a text that our room is in Martinique, Building 25. Is this still a preferred area with the construction? It's hard to tell from the map... is there a walkway that goes from Martinique to the main pool? Thanks!

Martinique has Preferred, King and Water View rooms. Yes, there's a walkway to the Main Feature Pool.

Resort Review of room 4641 (building Jamaica 46)

First off: Originally we were in building Aruba 54 however were moved due MAJOR PLUMBING issues that changed our toilet into a wanna-be bidet! When we first checked into the room we heard gurgling bubbles from the toilet, then it became more active… And we found out from Disney CMs that it was occurring in more than one room in our building. The Front desk CM gave us a few locations to move to, and we choose Jamaica because ONE I originally had requested a Jamaica Building and TWO because we wanted to be further away from the pluming problem in case it spread…. HOWEVER despite having to pack up and move in the midst of the inbound Hurricane the Disney Bellhop was up to the challenge! AND when we were having issues with our new room assignment working with our Magic Bands the gentlemen even helped us with that too!

Room 4641: is in building 46 on the second floor, it is a king standard room; it is a corner location next to the stairs right by the free style coke machine in our building… the location was PERFECT, exactly what we had originally wanted in a location except that with a hurricane coming we were on a second floor, but everything worked out PERFECTLY! The room was quiet, and even though there was a notice given because of reduced staff and reduced Mousekeeping we didn’t have any issues with either! Sunday as the storm was coming in the resort monitored the situation and kept eating faculties open as late as they possibly could… meal kits were prepared way ahead of time and were available for purchase or through the dinning plan at all the Island Markets! Monday after the storm cleared and they took an inventory of the damage to make sure it was safe they lifted the resort curfew and reopened the eating areas. The pools were opened as soon as the debris was cleared from them, most of the pools were open by 3 pm, and this included the main pool opening up by 4!

We walked around the resort once the all clear was given and found it very beautiful. We do confess that we did not eat at the buffet tent due to being out at the parks every day that we could and we prepared for the storm with food supplies we brought, as well as the two meal kits we purchased for ourselves, so there was no need.

Construction? Except for lack of eating facilities and the gift shop being in trailers we didn’t notice any noise from the construction! However if you are a person that takes one or two resort days during your trip there are draw backs but if you are like us and just want a nice, clean room I highly recommend staying here!

My husband was very happy with the room and resort, and it met our needs perfectly! And my husband has already stated he would like to stay at this resort again!

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the map... is there a walkway that goes from Martinique to the main pool? Thanks!
The "old way" is closed.

The new way to the main Pool goes out just behind the OPR bus stop around the front of OPR and on over to the far side of the Pool area where it turns back right and goes on to Centertown Buffet and the Pool.

Last edited:

Is the main pool under construction or will it be affected by construction in the next month or two?

Definitely contradictory info to that given on a well renowned FB Group. And I consider you both to be The Oracles of all things CBR :)

Before construction those rooms were preferred. Now with the construction they have reduced Martinique to standard due to being next to the construction.

When they closed Barbados and half of Martinique they lost 475 Standard rooms. Because of this, they've had to put guests who booked Standard into Preferred and Water View rooms in what is left of Martinique. Because of the high number of guests who booked Standard and were put in Martinique it was assumed those rooms were now Standard. However, they never reclassified those Preferred Rooms to Standard. So if you book a Preferred room you could be in Martinique or Trinidad North.

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures from the first page or so of the pirate rooms and although it stated they have the same amenities I don't see a refrigerator? Is there one that maybe is just not pictured? Also, what would be the easiest resort/park to get to from CBR to get food/snacks that might be a bit on the healthier side? Concerned because of this mix of reviews of what is available at CBR so just wondering where we can go to get stuff to have in the room....assuming there is a fridge that I just can't see in the pictures. We won't have a car and will have a special needs stroller/chair for our son so often types things like Uber/Lyfts are not doable because the chair doesn't fold down and fit in a trunk of the back (it took Meers 4 different try's with vehicles for us to get one to fit last trip)
This is the first trip that we are not planning on being park commandos and are not going to try and drag our DS out of bed so want to make sure we have something there to eat while we wait for him to get up. Thanks

Looking at the pictures from the first page or so of the pirate rooms and although it stated they have the same amenities I don't see a refrigerator? Is there one that maybe is just not pictured? Also, what would be the easiest resort/park to get to from CBR to get food/snacks that might be a bit on the healthier side? Concerned because of this mix of reviews of what is available at CBR so just wondering where we can go to get stuff to have in the room....assuming there is a fridge that I just can't see in the pictures. We won't have a car and will have a special needs stroller/chair for our son so often types things like Uber/Lyfts are not doable because the chair doesn't fold down and fit in a trunk of the back (it took Meers 4 different try's with vehicles for us to get one to fit last trip)
This is the first trip that we are not planning on being park commandos and are not going to try and drag our DS out of bed so want to make sure we have something there to eat while we wait for him to get up. Thanks
It's inside the barrel. You can find a picture here: http://**************.net/2014/11/12/pirate-rooms-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/
To have food in the room, you can use a grocery delivery service. We've used garden grocer and are looking at using Instacart for the next trip. Instacart seems to have better prices.

It's inside the barrel. You can find a picture here: http://**************.net/2014/11/12/pirate-rooms-at-disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/
To have food in the room, you can use a grocery delivery service. We've used garden grocer and are looking at using Instacart for the next trip. Instacart seems to have better prices.
Well look at that! That is kinda cool....
we have talked and talked about using a delivery service but just never have....not really sure why other than worry about the quality when you are looking at things like fruit and veggies..
Thanks !

Just booked for next year, so excited!!! It looks like it's a beautiful resort...even with all the construction. We love the colors and it seems like it has a beachy, relaxing vibe to it.

Well look at that! That is kinda cool....
we have talked and talked about using a delivery service but just never have....not really sure why other than worry about the quality when you are looking at things like fruit and veggies..
Thanks !
We've ordered fruits such as strawberries and bananas and they've been good. On a trip with my sister, she placed the order and she wasn't sure how many pounds of bananas to order. She aimed way too high and we had so many bananas! But they did last all week. :banana:

it seems like it has a beachy, relaxing vibe to it.
D E F I N I T E L Y!!!!:)

34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter