Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I thought I had heard at one point that they would be adding beverage station/island market for TS? Anyone know? We will be arriving in 13 days and there are times that a pop is the only way to get out DS moving.

I thought I had heard at one point that they would be adding beverage station/island market for TS? Anyone know? We will be arriving in 13 days and there are times that a pop is the only way to get out DS moving.
There were reports earlier this year that Trinidad South would be getting a "Quick Service walk-up window" and there is "construction" by the TS Pool,but FWIW a CM told me that is for some sort of pipe maintenance so it looks like the walk-up window may not be happening after all.

TS has had a Food Truck at times.:)

36472986145_db5b259c22_h.jpg

So the closest would be in T
There were reports earlier this year that Trinidad South would be getting a "Quick Service walk-up window" and there is "construction" by the TS Pool,but FWIW a CM told me that is for some sort of pipe maintenance so it looks like the walk-up window may not be happening after all.

TS has had a Food Truck at times.:)

36472986145_db5b259c22_h.jpg
so the closest would be in TN then?

Based on some of the new maps I'm seeing, looks like you can't go straight to Aruba/Jamaica from Customs House like you could when I last stayed at CBR in January 2015. You now have to pass by Martinique and Centretown.

Can you access Aruba/Jamaica via the entrance/exit from Victory Way? Seems like last time I was able to exit from there but not enter. Wondering if there is an entrance there now accessible via MagicBand.

So the closest would be in T

so the closest would be in TN then?
No Island Market in Trinidad North either,BUT,to clarify,Trinidad South DOES have 2 Freestyle Machines in Buildings 34 and 38,Ground Floor by the Ice Machines.:)

There are also Vending Machines with sodas and snacks at the TS Laundry.:)

We had to book at AOA an extra night before our CBR stay (no rooms at CBR available) because flights were cheaper. Will they transport us to CBR?

We had to book at AOA an extra night before our CBR stay (no rooms at CBR available) because flights were cheaper. Will they transport us to CBR?

Not directly. You would have to take a bus from AoA to one of the parks then a buscfrom that park to AoA. Bell Services will transfer your luggage from AoA to CBR as luggage is not allowed on the buses.

What we do for Split Stays:
Have Bell Services come get our luggage
Ask Bell Services to deliver luggage to Resort #2
Check out of resort #1
Head to a park for the day
Around 5-6 head to resort #2
From room call Bell Services and ask them to bring up our luggage

We stayed at CBR this past Spring Break (right before refurbs started) and absolutely loved it! Considering returning to CBR in January during Marathon Weekend since the prices are so good right now... but wondering what the food situation is like at CBR since the refurbishments have started? I have to eat gluten free, so having gluten free options is important and I wasn't sure if they'd have as many with their new tent set up. Does anyone know if they're still doing as well with accommodating allergies currently? Also, which meals can you do ala carte and which ones are buffet only? I'm thinking ala carte options would be better for us this trip (keeping nutrient and sleep in mind on a Disney trip feels so weird, but I know it'll be important for race day). Also, how about noise from construction? Thank you!

Has anyone that's already been gotten to see the "Character Pool Party" that's mentioned on the Resort Recreation Calendar? We're going to try to make it into the resort by that time tomorrow to check it out, but I feel it'll be a danged if you do, danged if you don't situation. If we grab a quick lunch and get there, it won't be there, but if we take our time, we'll get there and just miss it or only see it for a few minutes. We are headed down today, will stay overnight in Orlando, then check in at CBR tomorrow.

But I want to directly check in and get our GC too.
Not directly. You would have to take a bus from AoA to one of the parks then a buscfrom that park to AoA. Bell Services will transfer your luggage from AoA to CBR as luggage is not allowed on the buses.

What we do for Split Stays:
Have Bell Services come get our luggage
Ask Bell Services to deliver luggage to Resort #2
Check out of resort #1
Head to a park for the day
Around 5-6 head to resort #2
From room call Bell Services and ask them to bring up our luggage
personally check I

But I want to directly check in and get our GC too.

Gotcha. Then you have 2 options.

1. Taxi/Uber?Lyft with your luggage from AoA to CBR.
2. Give your luggage to Bell Services and ask them to deliver them to CBR. Take bus from AoA to a park. Then take bus from that park to CBR.

I personally would choose option 1. If you choose option 2 you won't have access to your luggage until 3-4 in the afternoon. Plus the bus that you take from a park to CBR will drop you off at one of the Village bus stops. With the current construction there is no longer a walkway to The Custom House so you would have to wait at the Village bus stop for the Internal bus that will take you to The Custom House.

We stayed at CBR this past Spring Break (right before refurbs started) and absolutely loved it! Considering returning to CBR in January during Marathon Weekend since the prices are so good right now... but wondering what the food situation is like at CBR since the refurbishments have started? I have to eat gluten free, so having gluten free options is important and I wasn't sure if they'd have as many with their new tent set up. Does anyone know if they're still doing as well with accommodating allergies currently? Also, which meals can you do ala carte and which ones are buffet only? I'm thinking ala carte options would be better for us this trip (keeping nutrient and sleep in mind on a Disney trip feels so weird, but I know it'll be important for race day). Also, how about noise from construction? Thank you!

Also wondering as I am GF as well... I was told to talk to the chef at the tent if possible.. I am not convinced there will be much - other than a banana.. :headache: I haven't heard much in the way of info on this subject - good or bad. So I'm planning to eat in the parks and other resorts as much as possible.. Lots of GF menus there so I feel safe. Don't really want to suffer through an allergy reaction on my Disney Vacay.

We did not like the food there at all- I had a salad that was good, but everything else (lunch, not breakfast) was really pretty awful. They have several salads that they offer that would be gluten free, but we didn't travel with anyone with an allergy, so I can't say for sure. You can do ala carte at the food truck right out side, you order and pick up inside the tent. There is also a separate food truck close by that you order from and they serve you right from there. It was greek themed when we were there a few weeks ago. We were in Aruba 53 and didn't hear any construction noise. We could hear a little at the pool, but it's so noisy there with music and games that it wasn't noticeable at all. It was our first stay there and we loved it!

I apologize in advance because I am sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but can someone please tell me which building I should request if I am staying in a standard room and would like to be in the building closest to the first bus stop in the mornings? As ridiculous as it may sound but I would rather be smack dab next to a construction zone than have to worry about a full bus and not being able to get on with my little ones. We do arrive in December so I may be asking a little too soon, but my reservation says I can start online check-in in 25 days so I wanted to make sure I had my ducks in a row. Thanks so much!

We did not like the food there at all- I had a salad that was good, but everything else (lunch, not breakfast) was really pretty awful. They have several salads that they offer that would be gluten free, but we didn't travel with anyone with an allergy, so I can't say for sure. You can do ala carte at the food truck right out side, you order and pick up inside the tent. There is also a separate food truck close by that you order from and they serve you right from there. It was greek themed when we were there a few weeks ago. We were in Aruba 53 and didn't hear any construction noise. We could hear a little at the pool, but it's so noisy there with music and games that it wasn't noticeable at all. It was our first stay there and we loved it!

Thanks so much for your reply and the insights on the food! That's a bummer. We stayed there in March and LOVED it! We were near where you are now (Aruba 51) and it was the perfect location! We're thinking of flying in for this trip, which we've never done before... we always drive, but I'm thinking the drive home after the marathon would really suck, so flight it likely is! So we wouldn't have our car with us so eating at other resorts would be more tricky/time consuming. Did you have dinner at CBR at all? If so was that any better than lunch?

Has anyone that's already been gotten to see the "Character Pool Party" that's mentioned on the Resort Recreation Calendar? We're going to try to make it into the resort by that time tomorrow to check it out, but I feel it'll be a danged if you do, danged if you don't situation. If we grab a quick lunch and get there, it won't be there, but if we take our time, we'll get there and just miss it or only see it for a few minutes. We are headed down today, will stay overnight in Orlando, then check in at CBR tomorrow.

I saw the character pool party both on our May trip and August. It seems like it is around 2. Minnie, Goofy, Donald in their swim outfits. (Like at Cape May breakfast). The CM's direct them all in dances etc and guests both young and old can get up and do the dances with them and quickly pose for pictures. Pretty cute but I guess just depends if it works on your schedule.

Can anyone tell me the cut off date to receive the gift card for your stay?
Not thebooking one but the end of that offer, is it if you check in before June 30, 2018?
I've looked, can't find it but I may just be search stupid right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter