Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

:worship:
Yes, it's my understanding the pins have replaced the cooler bags and snacks.
AngiTN- just wanted to mention that I see you post on so many different threads and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of your knowledge on all things Disney and... Other info as well (caterpillars...lol) thanks for all of your time on these boards!

:worship:
AngiTN- just wanted to mention that I see you post on so many different threads and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of your knowledge on all things Disney and... Other info as well (caterpillars...lol) thanks for all of your time on these boards!
Awww... thank you. I try to help where I can. A small piece of the folks that help around here

I googled spiny green caterpillar lol, and there it was. I actually found it listed under the Tampa Poison Control website--greeeaaat. The lizards are everywhere, and even cuter--frogs (toads?) the size of a pencil eraser. You need to do this :tiptoe:when you walk around this place :joker:

Leaving tomorrow :sad: but it's been a nice stay. I think the gift card made it worth it. The construction really isn't that bad, so anyone worried, don't be. The buses were efficient and we never waited more than 15-20 minutes for one--usually it was less than that. I need to find out a few things for a couple Disers, so I will try to do that tomorrow. I've noticed lots of folks from across the pond, especially Brits, in the parks and CBR. We had some interaction and fun with them. Love having you guys here, so come on over and have a blast :thumbsup2 I'll write more in depth, after we get home, about some of our experiences. We ended where we began, at Disney Springs, and ate at Ragland Road. The guy who was singing at the restaurant belted out an appropriate song as we were leaving...'Take me home, country road' :wave2:

I Am hoping someone may be able to help with this question. A good friend of ours is staying at CBR in October. (She usually stays at POR but due to the last minute nature of her trip could only get a Pirates room at CBR). We are along on the same trip but staying at SSR. For budget reasons she cannot do a deluxe. She relies on a scooter and also uses the food court every morning for breakfast, at POR she liked the omelet bar.

We are concerned that the construction and lack of easy food access will create a less than desirable experience for her, especially staying at a new resort for her. We have been encouraging her to consider moving to a value. I would appreciate any insights. How does the construction impact someone who uses a scooter? Will she be able to get the type of breakfast that she is used to? Will bus travel due to so many stops be more difficult than usual?
Thank you, this trip is important to her and we want to make it a good one.

I'm hoping my fellow CBR veterans can help me to plan my next trip. We normally always come fore the last 2 weeks in September but as my DD is getting older I'm reluctant to keep her out of school. However, we travel with my parents who really can't cope with huge crowds. My question is, how are the crowds in late August/early Sept or late July compared to late Sept? Also, is there much difference in the temperature? We come from the UK so we never get weather anywhere close to what we experience in the US. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Leaving tomorrow :sad: but it's been a nice stay. I think the gift card made it worth it. The construction really isn't that bad, so anyone worried, don't be. The buses were efficient and we never waited more than 15-20 minutes for one--usually it was less than that. I need to find out a few things for a couple Disers, so I will try to do that tomorrow. I've noticed lots of folks from across the pond, especially Brits, in the parks and CBR. We had some interaction and fun with them. Love having you guys here, so come on over and have a blast :thumbsup2 I'll write more in depth, after we get home, about some of our experiences. We ended where we began, at Disney Springs, and ate at Ragland Road. The guy who was singing at the restaurant belted out an appropriate song as we were leaving...'Take me home, country road' :wave2:
I'm not sure what the connection is about CBR and the Brits. I noticed on the FB group that there are a TON of Brits in the group there or heading there soon. No idea why there seems to be a high percentage at CBR in particular. Maybe there was a special promotion from one of their main agencies or something? I swear about 90% of the people posting about their trips right now have a UK location. It's rather strange. Not bad, so don't take it wrong, just something out of the ordinary

I'm hoping my fellow CBR veterans can help me to plan my next trip. We normally always come fore the last 2 weeks in September but as my DD is getting older I'm reluctant to keep her out of school. However, we travel with my parents who really can't cope with huge crowds. My question is, how are the crowds in late August/early Sept or late July compared to late Sept? Also, is there much difference in the temperature? We come from the UK so we never get weather anywhere close to what we experience in the US. Thanks in advance for your replies.
You will want to go in late August/early September-NOT late July.

July will be much more crowded than late August/early September and July is Ground Zero for The 15s.:)

The temperatures in late August/early September will be similar to late September.:)

I'm not sure what the connection is about CBR and the Brits. I noticed on the FB group that there are a TON of Brits in the group there or heading there soon. No idea why there seems to be a high percentage at CBR in particular. Maybe there was a special promotion from one of their main agencies or something? I swear about 90% of the people posting about their trips right now have a UK location. It's rather strange. Not bad, so don't take it wrong, just something out of the ordinary
We've noticed that too and we love it-the accents are awesome.:)

They are so much fun-we met one couple who thought hey were getting ONE $75.00 GC on arrival and they were shocked when they got a $750.00 GC!lol:)

D8 and I will be leaving tonight and checking into CBR about midnight. We were there in May and given the gift card decided to stay again for this short trip. I am excited to see the progress. Maybe more construction and less destruction than in May?!?

Sunday morning we are doing EMM at MK which is set to start at 7:45. Any recommendations of when we should be at the bus stop? Thanks!

I Am hoping someone may be able to help with this question. A good friend of ours is staying at CBR in October. (She usually stays at POR but due to the last minute nature of her trip could only get a Pirates room at CBR). We are along on the same trip but staying at SSR. For budget reasons she cannot do a deluxe. She relies on a scooter and also uses the food court every morning for breakfast, at POR she liked the omelet bar.

We are concerned that the construction and lack of easy food access will create a less than desirable experience for her, especially staying at a new resort for her. We have been encouraging her to consider moving to a value. I would appreciate any insights. How does the construction impact someone who uses a scooter?

My Aunt is a frequent CBR visitor who uses a scooter. She said the construction had zero impact on her getting around.

Will she be able to get the type of breakfast that she is used to?

They serve a breakfast buffet in the food tent every morning.

Will bus travel due to so many stops be more difficult than usual?
Thank you, this trip is important to her and we want to make it a good one.

Actually the buses have been even better due to the fact that there are 9 less buildings than before. There are 576 less rooms now.

CBR Pins currently being given (not my photo)
It is my understanding that much like the cooler bag with snacks, they are not going in 100% of the rooms. Which still doesn't make much sense to me. I think these types of things should be in ALL rooms but not my decision to make.
They way I have been told, one of the reasons the bags went away were from complaints from guests who didn't get them. And from trouble keeping up with providing them.
So they went to the pins but still without plans to place them in all rooms 100% of the time and if they get complaints they'll take them away too. No idea if this is true or not.
I know at WL they provided Pins and I think they did put them in all of their rooms. I know we got a set each time we stayed there so I think they did put them in each room. No idea why they'd change things now.
I have learned CSR is also doing pin gifts too.

Let me know if you can see this photo. If not, I'll move it to another location.
20664870_1979510788994114_2854499526672496151_n.jpg

Not sure about the rest of them but we have been coming to WDW for 20 years and have always stayed at CBR. We just love it - it is my Disney home!

CBR Pins currently being given (not my photo)
It is my understanding that much like the cooler bag with snacks, they are not going in 100% of the rooms. Which still doesn't make much sense to me. I think these types of things should be in ALL rooms but not my decision to make.
They way I have been told, one of the reasons the bags went away were from complaints from guests who didn't get them. And from trouble keeping up with providing them.
So they went to the pins but still without plans to place them in all rooms 100% of the time and if they get complaints they'll take them away too. No idea if this is true or not.
I know at WL they provided Pins and I think they did put them in all of their rooms. I know we got a set each time we stayed there so I think they did put them in each room. No idea why they'd change things now.
I have learned CSR is also doing pin gifts too.

Let me know if you can see this photo. If not, I'll move it to another location.
20664870_1979510788994114_2854499526672496151_n.jpg
I was at CBR July 8th to July 16th and didn't receive the cooler bag or pins. I wonder if the rooms that receive them are the ones that didn't get the gift cards?? I can't remember reading about if some received the gift card and cooler bag/pins. I received a gift card so I was happy!! But the pins are cute!!

I was at CBR July 8th to July 16th and didn't receive the cooler bag or pins. I wonder if the rooms that receive them are the ones that didn't get the gift cards?? I can't remember reading about if some received the gift card and cooler bag/pins. I received a gift card so I was happy!! But the pins are cute!!
No, we got the gift card and the cooler bag.
Best I can tell the pins started to show up in August, roughly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter