Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I would keep checking for an opening for a regular room. You may be able to change if someone cancels. There have been many trips where I booked my 2nd choice and looked for my 1st choice to come open and got it later

Thanks. We do keep looking but we are going half marathon weekend so pickings are slim. Regardless though we will be in Disney and I'll be ready to get my aargh on

The WDW website only says "Hours and lifeguard availability vary by pool and are subject to change."
Other sites like tripadvisor suggest the main pool is open 24/7.
Those are out of date
Before fences they were open all the time but now they do have hours. Not sure what they are though because they do vary

Okay, this morning we were told we could not use our gift card outside the hotel. We were told this by a CM at the Centertown Buffet. However, we did use it in the EE dump shop, so again conflicting information. GoofyGraham was wondering about the mysterious construction going on near TS pool. It does look like something, but it seems very minor. It may even be some kind of maintenance and nothing more. There is a screen/fence around the pool to help shield the construction equipment located across the water. There seems to be a great deal of construction on Disney property in general, not just CBR. Lots of road construction, but I think that is done only at night. That hasn't been disruptive to us yet. Someone may know more about what all the construction is around the property :scratchin

From the vids I've seen, I get the impression the screens by the pool area are simply shielding the construction view from there. Perhaps you will be able to confirm that once you've had a good look.
I saw a back hoe and there's signs around the area saying it's being refurbished for future enjoyment. What they're doing, I have no clue. I'll try to find out though :thumbsup2

Okay, this morning we were told we could not use our gift card outside the hotel. We were told this by a CM at the Centertown Buffet. However, we did use it in the EE dump shop, so again conflicting information. GoofyGraham was wondering about the mysterious construction going on near TS pool. It does look like something, but it seems very minor. It may even be some kind of maintenance and nothing more. There is a screen/fence around the pool to help shield the construction equipment located across the water. There seems to be a great deal of construction on Disney property in general, not just CBR. Lots of road construction, but I think that is done only at night. That hasn't been disruptive to us yet. Someone may know more about what all the construction is around the property :scratchin
Ridiculous that a CM would tell a guest that. Ridiculous that a CM wouldn't know better. There is no reason whatsoever that even someone working their very first day on the job wouldn't know the rules regarding a gift card. I'm furious that happened because someone could be told that and not know the difference. No excuse for it to happen. None.

For some reason search is not working for me :( does anyone know if they are doing the gift cards for sept check ins?

I saw a back hoe and there's signs around the area saying it's being refurbished for future enjoyment. What they're doing, I have no clue. I'll try to find out though :thumbsup2
There were reports earlier this year that TS was going to get a "quick service walk-up window" and the thinking was that was what the construction fence by the TS Pool was for,but FWIW,one CM told me the construction fence is just for some sort of underground pipe maintenance.

So i don't think we know for sure what's going on-could be the Food truck at TS is the rumored "quick service walk-up window".:)

For some reason search is not working for me :( does anyone know if they are doing the gift cards for sept check ins?
Gift cards are not based on check in date. You had to book your trip by a certain date. March 19 I think. You can check in any date provided you booked the trip by that date

Ugh, I'm sorry, another gift card question....so we booked within the time frame for receiving the $75 per night gift card, then just a few weeks ago we added an extra night. It's a separate reservation, we have free dining and couldn't add on. Will we get the $75 for the extra night also? Anyone experience this? I'm assuming no, but hopeful it's a yes! Also, with two reservations, any idea if we'll get to stay in the same room? I'd hate to pack up after one night to move.

Ridiculous that a CM would tell a guest that. Ridiculous that a CM wouldn't know better. There is no reason whatsoever that even someone working their very first day on the job wouldn't know the rules regarding a gift card. I'm furious that happened because someone could be told that and not know the difference. No excuse for it to happen. None.
Totally agreed! no excuse!

Ugh, I'm sorry, another gift card question....so we booked within the time frame for receiving the $75 per night gift card, then just a few weeks ago we added an extra night. It's a separate reservation, we have free dining and couldn't add on. Will we get the $75 for the extra night also? Anyone experience this? I'm assuming no, but hopeful it's a yes! Also, with two reservations, any idea if we'll get to stay in the same room? I'd hate to pack up after one night to move.
Not sure how they work that with a different reservation. We added on days after the cut off date (original reservation was before March 20), and received the GC, but it was still the same reservation.

Oh, and the general state of construction all over Disney is one of the reasons why I say construction at CBR isn't a big deal. It's just everywhere. You aren't going to get away from it down there these days
Yes, this!

We have been using it all over the place, mostly for meals. If anyone is told they can't use it anywhere but the hotel, don't listen to them...it's incorrect information. Yes, it's ridiculous :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!