Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

No idea on either count. Has anyone got knowledge of how it works?

We have done that before but, during our stay housekeeping have oftentimes come within ten/fifteen minutes of when we called them. We would just hand off our used towels/washclothes to them when they came to our door.

We have done that before but, during our stay housekeeping have oftentimes come within ten/fifteen minutes of when we called them. We would just hand off our used towels/washclothes to them when they came to our door.
..... but if they are refunding $15 a day for not providing a housekeeping service, are they going to start charging towel requests and such like to your room?

..... but if they are refunding $15 a day for not providing a housekeeping service, are they going to start charging towel requests and such like to your room?
My "guess" is no-the fee is probably just "tied" to "entry" into the room to vacuum,clean the tub,change sheets,etc.:)

Now if a Guest requested Housekeeping to enter the room while they were away and pick up used towels and deliver clean ones,that would seem to be a "disqualifier".

My "guess" is no-the fee is probably just "tied" to "entry" into the room to vacuum,clean the tub,change sheets,etc.:)

Now if a Guest requested Housekeeping to enter the room while they were away and pick up used towels and deliver clean ones,that would seem to be a "disqualifier".
Right. You can always go get towels yourself. Or Housekeeping can drop bags of towels at the door, not leaving them in the room.
Declining Housekeeping is way more than just towels. That is declining cleaning your room, making the bed, etc. You are declining the time (manpower) it takes to do those things. Not the actual use of the goods like towels or toiletries. So you can't then request them to come make your bed, for example. But you can of course, request towels.

We leave next Friday. I have been planning on renting a car but the price just won't drop. Our flight gets in at 11:30 pm. Magical Express at that time of night would still drop you off at Custom House correct? How would we get from Custom House check in to our room? My understanding is that you can no longer walk. Also, our flight out is at 7:30 am. How would we get from room to ME bus? And is it right that I could still add doing ME even this close to departure date? (We would just keep luggage). Thanks!

We leave next Friday. I have been planning on renting a car but the price just won't drop. Our flight gets in at 11:30 pm. Magical Express at that time of night would still drop you off at Custom House correct? How would we get from Custom House check in to our room? My understanding is that you can no longer walk. Also, our flight out is at 7:30 am. How would we get from room to ME bus? And is it right that I could still add doing ME even this close to departure date? (We would just keep luggage). Thanks!
We got in that late on our last trip due to a delayed flight and a luggage issue.
They will drop you at CH.
CH has special transport available to take you to your room if you arrive outside the internal bus hours
We don't take ME back to MCO so not sure there

Is the "special transport" is the golf carts? (Which is fine....I just want to know what to expect). Thanks.

Don't they just put fresh towels in a bag and hang it on your door knob? Can you put used towels just outside your door for housekeeping to pick up?
A recent Guest at Pop Century reported they would call the Front Desk when they needed towels and they would bring them to their door and they would then use the bag that the new towels came in to put their used towels in and then they would just place that bag outside their door.

They also would just put their trash in a bag and place it outside their door and it would be picked up.:)

A recent Guest at Pop Century reported they would call the Front Desk when they needed towels and they would bring them to their door and they would then use the bag that the new towels came in to put their used towels in and then they would just place that bag outside their door.

They also would just put their trash in a bag and place it outside their door and it would be picked up.:)
I would love that for $15 off a night!!!!!

I wonder how often housekeeping will come by to pick up the used towels and trash? I would hope fairly quickly because I could see this being an eyesore and the garbage being a draw for bugs.

We are back from our stay at CBR. We were there from 7/25-8/1 and stayed in Martinique in connecting rooms 2560 (corner room) and 2559. We had both water and construction views and it truly did not bother us. We were in the parks for most of the day, but did return to the room several times to allow our 11 month old DGD to nap. The noise from the construction was not a problem. We had one breakfast and one dinner in the dining tent and found both to be adequate. The burger from the food truck was really good and we took advantage of the pizza delivery service on the evening we watched the grands and found that adequate as well. We ordered drinks from the Cabana bar and enjoyed sitting at the bar relaxing and listening to music. DGS8 loved the main pool and we spent a couple of hours there watching him go down the slides. As others have said, we missed having a gift shop to browse through but we "scratched that itch" when we visited other resorts for ADRs. The freestyle coke machines were wonderful and we loved being able to fill our mugs so easily.

One advantage to staying in Martinique is being at the first bus stop. We had decent luck with the buses and the only wait of over 30 minutes was the day we left EPCOT in the mid afternoon. We usually had a seat in the morning and if we were standing at the end of the day, it was not for long. I'm not sure if this is typical of CBR or the result of the construction, but we did not have one scooter or wheelchair load during the entire week. With the earlier park closing times, we found that lingering a bit and letting the crowds disperse made the bus situation more tolerable. When HEA ended, we went back into the park to ride a couple of rides and lingered on Main Street a bit. We headed out of the gate around 11:15-11:20 and they had started the zone busing. We picked up the bus at Stop 8 instead of Stop 32 which was welcome after a day of walking. We utilized Uber to get to our ADR's at AKL and the Poly. My DS and his family successfully got to ADR's at Cape May and Ohana by taking the bus to DHS and the boat (BC) and bus (Poly). The Minnie Vans were up and operating at the end of our trip but they never used one.

All in all, we had a fabulous trip!

That reports is very encouraging. Thanks.
I was planning to avoid Martinique but not so concerned now. I will certainly forgo room service and see how that works out if Mr Disney is listening.
I can't wait for my biennial trip and second Flower and Garden Festival.

Last edited:
and the garbage being a draw for bugs.
And other things!lol:)

This was guy was "scoping" out 1st floor rooms at All-Star Music.:)
26856790383_da2d57fbb6_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter