Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know what a cab cost to go from CBR to universal for 1 day?
We did Lyft/Uber. $25 with tip for the Plus size vehicle. Saves a few dollars if you can stick with standard size (4 seats). One way.
Taxi will be more.
There are fare finder websites, if you Google

Can anyone tell me if the CBR cooler bags are available for purchase at the resort or are they purely a construction period giveaway?

We did Lyft/Uber. $25 with tip for the Plus size vehicle. Saves a few dollars if you can stick with standard size (4 seats). One way.
Taxi will be more.
There are fare finder websites, if you Google
How much time would you allow to get to Universal from CBR? Our plan is to go on a weekday morning.

Can anyone tell me if the CBR cooler bags are available for purchase at the resort or are they purely a construction period giveaway?
They were not for sale at the gift truck. You could always ask if they'll sell you additional ones

Just returned a week ago from our stay at CBR. We were there from July 8th to July 15th. We drove down and received a text that our room was ready and we had about 8 hours left to drive. The text said we had Martinique. I requested Jamaica. I know it's just a request but I was hoping it was going to be met. This was our 7th time staying here and luckily the other 6 times we got Jamaica. I decided to call the number they sent with the text. I asked if I could change to Jamaica and she said she would put the request in. Within 45 min. I received a text saying we got Jamaica 44. I was so happy!! We did on-line check-in but had to go to Custom House to get the gift card that was totaling $525. Wasn't very crowded when we arrived so we were taken care off right away. He asked for our names and took some envelopes out of a drawer and gave us ours!! When we went to our room there was no cooler bag. Didn't bother me too much and didn't call to ask, but maybe I should of. Buses were not a problem at all! The longest we probably waited was 20 min. and that's because we just missed our bus. I love the monitors in the bus waiting areas. The last time we were there was 2 years ago, and they didn't have the monitors. We usually stay at CBR for 10-14 days so this trip was shorter. Maybe if we stayed longer the construction would of bothered me, idk. But staying 1 week it didn't. We were at the pool area 2 times and that's the only time I saw the construction going on and it wasn't loud. I did miss OPR! Not a lot of choices to eat like a regular food court would of had but didn't try anything but the breakfast buffet and my family enjoyed it. The coffee is free, and I love the refillable locations in the ice areas. I heard they will keep those. I talked to a lifeguard who was really nice and she gave me some info. She said OPR is not being knocked down but being changed inside. Check-in is going where the far side of the gift shop was. The game room is coming out. The food court is the rest. Shutters (idk if it's going to be the same name) is going to be built along the lake with the fountain coming back and rebuilding the bar. It's suppose to all be connected. Barbados is all down and half of Martinique. She thought Custom House was coming down but wasn't sure. She said, of course some things might change. It really depends who you talk to because at check-in, to get my gift card, I was told OPR was already torn down, and it wasn't. I talked to 2 people in the island market, one said it was coming down and one said it wasn't. But I think it would of been down already. They were working a lot outside OPR and my son could see from the slide and it was all dirt. I can't wait to see it when it's finished but I really missed OPR!! I might of forgot some things so please ask me questions and I will try to answer.

Just returned a week ago from our stay at CBR. We were there from July 8th to July 15th. We drove down and received a text that our room was ready and we had about 8 hours left to drive. The text said we had Martinique. I requested Jamaica. I know it's just a request but I was hoping it was going to be met. This was our 7th time staying here and luckily the other 6 times we got Jamaica. I decided to call the number they sent with the text. I asked if I could change to Jamaica and she said she would put the request in. Within 45 min. I received a text saying we got Jamaica 44. I was so happy!! We did on-line check-in but had to go to Custom House to get the gift card that was totaling $525. Wasn't very crowded when we arrived so we were taken care off right away. He asked for our names and took some envelopes out of a drawer and gave us ours!! When we went to our room there was no cooler bag. Didn't bother me too much and didn't call to ask, but maybe I should of. Buses were not a problem at all! The longest we probably waited was 20 min. and that's because we just missed our bus. I love the monitors in the bus waiting areas. The last time we were there was 2 years ago, and they didn't have the monitors. We usually stay at CBR for 10-14 days so this trip was shorter. Maybe if we stayed longer the construction would of bothered me, idk. But staying 1 week it didn't. We were at the pool area 2 times and that's the only time I saw the construction going on and it wasn't loud. I did miss OPR! Not a lot of choices to eat like a regular food court would of had but didn't try anything but the breakfast buffet and my family enjoyed it. The coffee is free, and I love the refillable locations in the ice areas. I heard they will keep those. I talked to a lifeguard who was really nice and she gave me some info. She said OPR is not being knocked down but being changed inside. Check-in is going where the far side of the gift shop was. The game room is coming out. The food court is the rest. Shutters (idk if it's going to be the same name) is going to be built along the lake with the fountain coming back and rebuilding the bar. It's suppose to all be connected. Barbados is all down and half of Martinique. She thought Custom House was coming down but wasn't sure. She said, of course some things might change. It really depends who you talk to because at check-in, to get my gift card, I was told OPR was already torn down, and it wasn't. I talked to 2 people in the island market, one said it was coming down and one said it wasn't. But I think it would of been down already. They were working a lot outside OPR and my son could see from the slide and it was all dirt. I can't wait to see it when it's finished but I really missed OPR!! I might of forgot some things so please ask me questions and I will try to answer.
Thanks for all the info! Sounds like a great trip!!

Thanks for the report. We go in less than two weeks and appreciate all the info. Weird that CM thought OPR was down :confused3 Sounds like you got some conflicting info, but thanks for checking all this stuff out. I too will miss OPR when we go, but I'm ready to get down there and see things first hand :beach: Glad your trip was fun pixiedust:

Last edited:
If you do Online Check in can you go to EMH - Morning the same day if you have not been to the hotel yet or do you have to go and activate your band before being allowed in?

If you do Online Check in can you go to EMH - Morning the same day if you have not been to the hotel yet or do you have to go and activate your band before being allowed in?
You are a resort guest starting at 6 AM on the day you arrive. You can go straight to the gate.
There have been some issues with guests having problems with packages and tickets if they haven't gone to the resort first, where the tickets weren't recognized at the gate
We never do packages so it's not something I have first hand issues with but I have heard/read reports here and there. Packages are funny animals.
If you are room only with tickets you bought separately, or an AP holder, you should have no problems at all.

Thanks for the report. We go in less than two weeks and appreciate all the info. Weird that CM thought OPR was down :confused3 Sounds like you got some conflicting info, but thanks for checking all this stuff out. I too will miss OPR when we go, but I'm ready to get down there and see things first hand :beach: Glad your trip was fun pixiedust:

Any chance you could ask the CM's if there's an update on timescale for construction?
I'd love to know how much might be reopened by the time I go in mid-April.

We are considering staying at CBR in November. I am really concerned about the buses, though. I've read on some other sites that the buses are taking longer than every 20 minutes to pick up. The only other moderate I've stayed at is PO - Riverside. We were the last pick up out of 4 (if I remember correctly), and we had to stand almost every trip IF we made it onto the bus. I don't want that to happen again. Are the buses here like that? When I told my teenage daughter, she said "let's stay at the Swan instead."

I've read the beginning of this post and the last 8 pages or so. Without reading all 360+ pages, I'd like to ask a question.

We are considering staying at CBR in November. I am really concerned about the buses, though. I've read on some other sites that the buses are taking longer than every 20 minutes to pick up.

We know 6 families that have been to CBR recently and according to them, the buses were great.

The only other moderate I've stayed at is PO - Riverside. We were the last pick up out of 4 (if I remember correctly), and we had to stand almost every trip IF we made it onto the bus. I don't want that to happen again. Are the buses here like that?

With the removal of 9 buildings the amount of guests has been greatly reduced. Other than after park closing the families we know did not have to stand.

Where are the Pirate's rooms in terms of location? I don't care to stay there, but those are the only rooms available. I want to be near a bus stop; that's my top priority!

Where are the Pirate's rooms in terms of location? I don't care to stay there, but those are the only rooms available. I want to be near a bus stop; that's my top priority!
They are in Trinidad South. There are bus stops in that area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter