Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So they just continuously drive from bus stop to bus stop to see if people need to get to the other side of the resort? I hope there are several internal shuttles running because that would take an hour or more (my guestiment) to do one circuit picking up and dropping off people! yikes!! I think this is what I don't understand about this.
Yes. It's just a bus like all the other buses. Only at the top it says Internal, instead of a park name. No idea how many they have, probably not more than 1 or 2. It wouldn't take anywhere near an hour to drive one circuit, even now that they have to turn around. Few use it. Mostly just from the Custom House since you have to take it from there. No way to walk any more. We never saw anyone get on or off the Internal bus anywhere else, even at OPR area.

So they just continuously drive from bus stop to bus stop to see if people need to get to the other side of the resort? I hope there are several internal shuttles running because that would take an hour or more (my guestiment) to do one circuit picking up and dropping off people! yikes!! I think this is what I don't understand about this.
I have not stayed specifically at cbr, but fort wilderness also has an internal bus system. The resort is split into 3 sections for bus lines so that a bus is going by about every 15 minutes. I would imagine they try to keep a similar time frame for cbr.

Caribbean Beach.....If you want no atmosphere and terrible food selections stay here. I knew coming in there was construction but this was the only moderate with an available room and I thought it can't be that bad... it's Disney! It was that bad. The tent set up for food was a joke. The truck with Disney souvenirs was a joke. The rooms turned into convenience stores another joke. We've stayed at Disney hotels a dozen or more times and this was by far the worst. Good Luck!

The souvenirs were a poor attempt at it for sure. They probably shouldn't have even bothered. Though DGD did enjoy dressing Duffy one day.
We loved the atmosphere of the Resort though. Didn't find it any different than our stay when there was no construction.
Luckily there are lots of resort options at Disney for everyone, sounds like CBR may not be for you even without construction

We are staying at CBR in mid October. Any idea on the updates of construction at that time? We have never stayed here before so I'm not sure we will notice any difference with construction going on.

The souvenirs were a poor attempt at it for sure. They probably shouldn't have even bothered. Though DGD did enjoy dressing Duffy one day.
We loved the atmosphere of the Resort though. Didn't find it any different than our stay when there was no construction.
Luckily there are lots of resort options at Disney for everyone, sounds like CBR may not be for you even without construction
AngiTN, you are the voice of reason on here...I read some pretty bad reviews, but not too many as they seem to be in the minority. So I'm going with your opinions as I seem to trust them more. Not dissing others opinions as everyone has a different experience. Thanks AngiTN for keeping me sane on this CBR board lol. We are only 27 days out but ready to go ::yes::

AngiTN, you are the voice of reason on here...I read some pretty bad reviews, but not too many as they seem to be in the minority. So I'm going with your opinions as I seem to trust them more. Not dissing others opinions as everyone has a different experience. Thanks AngiTN for keeping me sane on this CBR board lol. We are only 27 days out but ready to go ::yes::
I hope your trip is magical. Clearly some are bothered more than others by construction. Some are just bothered more in general, by the little things. It's hard to know the nature of the person. I can say though, we are bothered by little. I do know there is no way I'd have booked a trip to return, no matter what the price, for my birthday trip, if we were bothered by anything. We have only a few resorts that bothered us so much we won't be back, CSR is one and Pop is another. Funny thing too, chances are good that they things that annoyed us to the point that we won't return are probably things that wouldn't have annoyed someone else.

I agree with the PP on the shopping but who really shops that much at the resort? In the end it didn't matter to me that the only store they have is a trailer. It sure isn't going to make or break a trip. Nor is the food buffet. We simply don't eat at the resort enough for that to bother us. If you do that could be a problem so it is something to consider, without a doubt. I would change plans a bit from a normal trip. But if you are like us and 1 time a trip, if that. You'll be fine

ETA -

Found this recent video. Looks like a great way to see current state of things for yourself too.

Last edited:

We have only a few resorts that bothered us so much we won't be back, CSR is one and Pop is another. Funny thing too, chances are good that they things that annoyed us to the point that we won't return are probably things that wouldn't have annoyed someone else.

Interested to know what happened that made you feel this way? Of the very few resorts I've been to, those are high on the list. Though I've never stayed deluxe...

I hope your trip is magical. Clearly some are bothered more than others by construction. Some are just bothered more in general, by the little things. It's hard to know the nature of the person. I can say though, we are bothered by little. I do know there is no way I'd have booked a trip to return, no matter what the price, for my birthday trip, if we were bothered by anything. We have only a few resorts that bothered us so much we won't be back, CSR is one and Pop is another. Funny thing too, chances are good that they things that annoyed us to the point that we won't return are probably things that wouldn't have annoyed someone else.

I agree with the PP on the shopping but who really shops that much at the resort? In the end it didn't matter to me that the only store they have is a trailer. It sure isn't going to make or break a trip. Nor is the food buffet. We simply don't eat at the resort enough for that to bother us. If you do that could be a problem so it is something to consider, without a doubt. I would change plans a bit from a normal trip. But if you are like us and 1 time a trip, if that. You'll be fine

ETA -

Found this recent video. Looks like a great way to see current state of things for yourself too.
I always say a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work. Agree about the buffet and the shopping, that's minor in my book. Like I said before everyone is different, some may take more issue with things I don't, and vice versa :thumbsup2 Thanks, I hope the trip is magical too pixiedust:

Any suggestions on villages/areas to request at CBR during construction? We have a standard room. Going down in a couple of months. We are are driving, so bus stops not an issue, but would like to be close to pool, non-smoking areas and maybe drinks. Thanks!

One bus. The entire circuit takes 9-11 minutes.

Any suggestions on villages/areas to request at CBR during construction? We have a standard room. Going down in a couple of months. We are are driving, so bus stops not an issue, but would like to be close to pool, non-smoking areas and maybe drinks. Thanks!

Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 would be great.

Interested to know what happened that made you feel this way? Of the very few resorts I've been to, those are high on the list. Though I've never stayed deluxe...
ME TOO! angiTN. I have read enough of your posts to know that I respect your opinion. so.. there are things we like and don't like about CSR. but we love pop... but not sure about the room remodels) so what dont' you like about the 2?

So...I have a question, I think I know the answer but want to clarify. I have a reservation for November that I booked during the GC deal and I have the confirmation email. That trip isn't going to work out, but I am thinking of suprising my DH with a split stay at CBR and AKL in January or February. As long as I keep my same reservation number and just change the dates, I should still receive the gift cards, correct? And I will be able to alter it again when the discounts come out and still have it honored?
Secondly, if it does work as I figured, where would be a good place to request that would be far away from the construction as we will probably be at the resorts a lot (we aren't doing parks). Or would it be better to just stay off site and skip the whole GC deal to avoid too much of it?

We made multiple changes to our reservations and still received our gift card when we got to CBR. We originally had five nights at Fort Wilderness and six at CBR, then we started swapping days from one resort to the other. I think we made four or five changed along the way and we ended up having our whole stay at CBR and received our $75 per night, even when it was more nights than we originally booked. Now, I will say that we were always careful to be sure that any changes we were making were not going to make us lose the GC. I think there was one change we were talking through with the CM that they told us we would lose it, so we backed out of that one. For the second part of your first question, you might not be able to get other discounts if you already have the GC unless you already have those booked/confirmed. Do like we did and talk it through with a CM before finalizing your changes.

As for your second question, you're going to see the green and tan walls going in and out of the resort. They've completed putting up the rest of the green fencing along where Barbados used to be so you won't get a clear view of what is going on with the construction. It was just open chain link fencing when we arrived. They're still working on clearing out debris, but it'll definitely be different come November. To avoid any noises, I would recommend staying away from Martinique and maybe the top end of Aruba (55 and 56). Other than that, you should be good. the gondola construction is still in the early phase so I don't know how much of a bother that is going to be. There is a building that will be going up right on Sea Breeze Way so that may generate noise for the south end of Jamaica and possibly Trinidad South (across the lake). It's too early to tell though.

ME TOO! angiTN. I have read enough of your posts to know that I respect your opinion. so.. there are things we like and don't like about CSR. but we love pop... but not sure about the room remodels) so what dont' you like about the 2?

CSR was a bit more of a true issue that was handled badly by the resort from start to finish. It was our first stay at this resort and left us with such a sour taste we not only won't be back but we left it a day early. We were doing 3 nights at CSR and 2 nights at Poly
We had booked one of the Business Class rooms, King, which is their Club Level lite. One of the reasons we booked this particular room is I know all the rooms have a nice view. I know many don't feel view matters much at a Mod since you have walkways outside the room but they do to us. Anyway, we got a notice our room text but instead of a room number it said we needed to stop by the front desk for our room assignment. Not all that unusual so didn't give it much of a 2nd thought. Got there, got our room number from the CM and headed out to the room. Remember, it's out first stay here but as any good Disboarder would I had researched and thought I knew what buildings we would be in. Well, we went past those. Kept going and going and found our room. It was not only not in the Business Class buildings it was a Standard King room. We had a lovely view of a parking lot. We got no info on where we found the Business Class facilities, why our room wasn't in them, nothing. So I go back to the lobby and ask if they are sure we got the right room, that it wasn't what I had booked. He checked and said that was the correct room and they didn't have any Business Class King rooms so they just gave us any King room that was the closest to the building. Not bothering to tell us, or tell us how we use the services that go with it. Now, I realize they aren't much at CSR but we did pay for them. At this point it was after their hours for the day so we opted to have someone explain it all to us the next morning. We go back up there after breakfast and they send a CM (no idea of their position but they were in a suit, not a resort costumed outfit) with us to show us where we go and she actually had no idea where it was located. We walked around and around the building and never did find it. By this time we just wanted to go to the parks so we said never mind. She assured us that the system was set so that our bands would open the Business Class room even though we weren't staying in the building. We never bothered to try and find the room. Instead, we stopped at Poly that afternoon and checked with them about checking in a day early. We could so we arranged to check in there the next morning and just checked out of CSR a day early. I had just gotten a bad taste from the moment we were not informed of the downgrade in our room. Had we been properly informed form the start, I doubt I would have been nearly as annoyed with them.

As to the Pop issues, that was less their fault directly. Though some was. Mostly I learned we aren't Value resort people. The rooms are too small and the resorts overall too hectic. And the food was awful. Only meal I've ever thrown out uneaten was from Pop food court. Anyway, we arrived to Pop to find Disney computers down property wide, at least that's what we were told. This was several years ago, on the very first upgrade from their older system to MDE, still using KTTW. I guess you'd call it MDE 1st Gen. In true Disney Tech fashion it was a massive failure going back online and we couldn't check in, couldn't get room assignments, couldn't even use the dining plan credits. We planned to not have our room so we just got ready and went to the pool. Luckily it was just me, DD and DGD so paying for our meals wasn't a huge burden for me but I can imagine what it would have been like for a large family who arrived expecting to not have to fork out cash for food. You gave them receipts later and they applied credits and refunded you, but that wasn't till the system was working. Anyway, we are at the pool and 4:00 comes and still no room. I'd gone back a few times to check (this is before they could text you) and the systems were still out. Finally I told them that we really had to have a room, that there was surely some way to get us a room. Other people were being given rooms somehow I saw it happening so I didn't understand why we couldn't. They found us one and if you can point to the room at Pop that is the furthest point away from the lobby, that's the room we got. The best thing we did get out of this mess was because you couldn't access your reservation upon arrival they gave everyone 1 day Never Expiring tickets to use to go to the park. They made sure to tell you these were non expiring so if you hadn't planned to go to the park that day save them. We were doing the Christmas Party that night so we did save the tickets. They also gave me another set when they finally gave me our room. So I did get 6 1 day tickets. DH and I ended up using them for an Adult only trip a couple years later, our first one ever and the trip that prompted us to become AP holders. I suspect this is an issue that probably was not totally on the resort but was some. Much like during Hurricane Matthew last year, some resorts handled it better than others. We were at Boardwalk and they did a great job with everything. Others have had nightmare stories of how things went at their resorts. I had come very close to changing this reservation from Pop to WL but decided to stay put. I wish I had changed but, who knows, had I maybe we wouldn't have gotten those free tickets and maybe I wouldn't be an AP holder today.

Re: what they have up their sleeves w/ the construction, I've seen the aerial photos and permits for the CBR gondola/DVC building (thanks!). Anything like this yet for Centertown/OPR construction? I'd like to have a better understanding of what's going on there. Thanks!

Re: what they have up their sleeves w/ the construction, I've seen the aerial photos and permits for the CBR gondola/DVC building (thanks!). Anything like this yet for Centertown/OPR construction? I'd like to have a better understanding of what's going on there. Thanks!
Think everything going there is going to be inside the building so nothing to show on photos thus far

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter