Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We went to the pool this afternoon and they were working at old port Royale clearing stuff with equipment. While it did not run our afternoon it is loud. Mostly the pool games are louder

I arrived today. While I can see how some people might not be bothered, huge sections of the resort are ugly eyesores. You can't miss the construction fences and equipment. Currently, the buildings being demolished resemble something you'd see after a prolonged artillery attack or major earthquake. And the Island Markets come across as amateurish.

I booked in early March, so I got the $75/night gift card. As such, I feel as though I'm getting properly compensated. If I were paying full price, I wouldn't be so easy-going.

Full Disclosure: I spent 8 years working hotels. I started as a Front Desk Representative and worked my way up into management. Both hotels in which I worked underwent major renovations. Following that, I moved to Orlando to work for Disney. I spent three years working at the Disney Reservations Center. Based on that experience, I personally don't think it's okay for Disney to be selling these rooms at full price.

Thanks for posting!:)

It is very informative to see an expert opinion from someone who has worked in the Industry.:)

I would be very surprised if a Guest NOT receiving the Gift Card feels the current condition of the Resort is no "big deal" and they are perfectly fine staying here without the GC.

I stayed at All-Star Sports during the End Zone refurb-they had a grab and go area and a shuttle to Intermission and World Premiere.

It was somewhat inconvenient,BUT End Zone was the only thing "down" and there was no other construction-I would never have expected some form of compensation during the End Zone refurb.

However the CBR refurb is a WHOLE different ballgame!:)

Full Disclosure: I spent 8 years working hotels. I started as a Front Desk Representative and worked my way up into management. Both hotels in which I worked underwent major renovations. Following that, I moved to Orlando to work for Disney. I spent three years working at the Disney Reservations Center. Based on that experience, I personally don't think it's okay for Disney to be selling these rooms at full price.

I flat out asked Disney if they would give us a discounted room rate (the same rate we paid this year when we went and stayed at CBR) and they said "sorry, no other compensation will be offered at this resort due to construction." I still can't believe they're charging full price for rooms for a half unavailable resort.

I flat out asked Disney if they would give us a discounted room rate (the same rate we paid this year when we went and stayed at CBR) and they said "sorry, no other compensation will be offered at this resort due to construction." I still can't believe they're charging full price for rooms for a half unavailable resort.

It is surprising but then again it is keeping with what they've done in the past when resorts are under major construction projects like this.

It is surprising but then again it is keeping with what they've done in the past when resorts are under major construction projects like this.
This is true...we stayed at the Wilderness resort many moons ago and didnt get a cent back..they did handle it very well though we had the best vacation ever :)

Who / how did you ask? Did you email the guest service email?

To my knowledge this is the first time a Resort has had MAJOR demolition/construction closing a major part of the Resort,a temporary Pool Bar in a trailer,a temporary "Food Court" in a "tent",the Full Service restaurant down with no "replacement",a temporary Merchandise Shop in a "trailer",grab and go located in Guest rooms,Concirege located in a Guest room,etc. all AT THE SAME TIME.

That is what makes it "unique" when compared to other "major" projects.JMHO:)

Yes. The guest communications email.
Here is the Guest Communications email for anyone who may not have it.:)

8741795993_0aa21d7177_b.jpg

We went to the pool this afternoon and they were working at old port Royale clearing stuff with equipment. While it did not run our afternoon it is loud. Mostly the pool games are louder

BTDT in Mexico, can endure construction noises. But honestly we had planned to be at the pool most days for our afternoon breaks in August and looking at their schedule, all I could think of was nothing sounded more like a vacation killer than "pool games" and "Disney Jr. Party" or whatever is all listed on there. I would prefer jack hammering. Hoping my kids like the quiet pool!

BTDT in Mexico, can endure construction noises. But honestly we had planned to be at the pool most days for our afternoon breaks in August and looking at their schedule, all I could think of was nothing sounded more like a vacation killer than "pool games" and "Disney Jr. Party" or whatever is all listed on there. I would prefer jack hammering. Hoping my kids like the quiet pool!
Before "retreating":) to one of the Leisure Pools,I would give the main Pool a try-the Activities Program is not all day(early AM is a good time to go if you are having a "resort day"-Pool "should" open at 9:00 AM in August) and positioning yourself on the OPPOSITE side of the Pool from the "activities" will help.

I would at least go and let the kids enjoy the slides for a while!:)

How early have people been able to get their room? We probably will get to the resort around 10:00 AM. Was curious to see what other's experiences had been.

Thanks

How early have people been able to get their room? We probably will get to the resort around 10:00 AM. Was curious to see what other's experiences had been.

I arrived on Monday (5/29/17). Requested 8am; got here at 8:20am; didn't get text that the room was ready until 1:30pm. The only request I had was to not have a connecting door.

My educated guess is that they had very few departures/arrivals on Monday because of the holiday. Most guests here for the weekend probably left Tuesday. And they were certainly sold out the night prior. So, it was likely that they had very few rooms with which to work.

How has all this construction affected the bus service? I have heard reports that people staying in Pirate rooms had to wait for buses since several came by that were full. Has that changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts