Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Folks had been asking what MDE looked like when it got ready to show you your room number.
Here you go (mine was showing this about 6:15 this morning)
D3D917F7-CAFF-4D51-A330-7E598CA6D7C4.png

Is the freestyle machines a CBR exclusive or are they putting them at other resorts? It would be nice to go resort hoping or when staying at another resort to not have to go to one place to get a refill.

Is the freestyle machines a CBR exclusive or are they putting them at other resorts? It would be nice to go resort hoping or when staying at another resort to not have to go to one place to get a refill.
They have them at French Quarter and I think a few deluxe but not positive. They are replacing the old machines with these as needed it seems - FQ's were replaced when they did the food court refurb

Awesome!

Another great thing about Jamaica is you can watch the high Star Wars fireworks and HEAR the Soundtrack from Jamaica Parking Lot.:)

We were wondering about HS Fireworks! Anyone have experience watching from Trinidad South? I imagine if you can see them from Jamaica that you would be able to see from TS. (We're not too concerned about the soundtrack)

I am here now. I apologize if some or all of this is duplicative.

We are in Aruba. I think Aruba or Jamaica would be fine if you have a standard room.

Construction a lot more than I had anticipated. Barbados is walled up and the buildings are gutted. Workers in hard hats all over inside gates and around Custom House.

Hello I hope you have a wonderful trip. Can you tell me what the bus route is now that barbados and some of martinique are demolished. Also how many bus stops do they have now. We are staying there in December and I am afraid that if we are the last bus stop we might have to wait for an empty bus go buy. Thank you for any inforamtion.

I am here now. I apologize if some or all of this is duplicative.

We are in Aruba. I think Aruba or Jamaica would be fine if you have a standard room.

Construction a lot more than I had anticipated. Barbados is walled up and the buildings are gutted. Workers in hard hats all over inside gates and around Custom House.

Coffee available at the guest rooms previously talked about and at the big tent by the pool where you can get the buffet.

A lot of food trucks around main pool area.

The pool bar is there. Just surrounded on all sides by the construction fencing.

Today at the main pool they had Donald, Goofy, and Minnie doing the pool party.

There are the freestyle coke machines but they are not by all of the ice machines. They can be kind of tricky and hard to find (at least they were for us).

This trip is with my 3 girls and my folks. We did get connecting rooms. I didn't do online check in because wanted gift card. In hindsight I wish I had and just went and got the gift card later. They had it in the back in an envelope with name on it. Amount predetermined and on letter in envelope. Our check in process was not great. My parents have the dining plan and all the information was not even explained. They still don't have charging privileges on their room. It wasn't offered at check in and it is a hassle to get over there.

We are here until early Tuesday morning if anyone has specific questions I can try to find out.

I love CBR, but I got this room with the AP discount and gift card. If I didn't have that incentive I don't know that I would be here. It is definitely a construction zone.

Hello I hope you have a wonderful trip. Can you tell me what the bus route is now that barbados and some of martinique are demolished. Also how many bus stops do they have now. We are staying there in December and I am afraid that if we are the last bus stop we might have to wait for an empty bus go buy. Thank you for any inforamtion.

Jamaica----Aruba----Martinique----Old Port Royale----Trinidad North----Trinidad South

They have them at French Quarter and I think a few deluxe but not positive. They are replacing the old machines with these as needed it seems - FQ's were replaced when they did the food court refurb
Just a note-the Freestyles at CBR are out in the Isalnds,they are not in Centertown Buffet(the "Food Court").

My "guess" is that the Freestyles in the Islands will go away when the Refurb is completed.

I guess that we can say that the hammock is "jointly owned" between us all.

My life last year read like a book turned into a Lifetime movie. On the day we returned from WDW last June, I received a call that my boss had been found dead. The next day, my husband went to work and they were informed that they were shutting the doors on Thursday of that same week. I lost one of my best friends and a job in one swoop. Thankfully, my husband and I were able to find new jobs but, man, it was a stressful few months. We also lost two very dear family members during that same year. My husband had his seizure meds readjusted. Just a whopping big ol' suckin' year!

We are going to WDW for ten days starting the Thursday before Thanksgiving so if you've been during those times of the year, I'd love some tips. We haven't been during Thanksgiving in 16 years!
2016 seemed to be a bad year for a lot of people :worried:

Last edited:
The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines by me have Fuse Iced Tea in the following flavors: sweet, unsweet, raspberry, lemon, peach, strawberry, and raspberry-peach.

Unfortunately, the ones here do not have Fuse.

I took the first response "by me" as being a first hand account from CBR.

Now, after reading the second response, I guess that was just the poster's hometown and CBR freestyles do NOT have iced tea as an option...

nor has anyone posted confirmed availability anywhere at CBR since refurb started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter