Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I must say, I expected a bigger reaction over this. I booked my trip on 3/21 but didn't book CBR until April 1st and still got $450 in gift cards for 6 days. Curious whether others who booked after 3/19 also are getting gift cards.

That would be great if this is going to be the standard when we get there. We booked rooms before the cut off, so I know we will be getting git cards for those rooms. But, we did end up booking a king room after the cut off because my son finally decided AFTER the gift card cut off he and his girlfriend are going with us. :headache: It will be a pleasant surprise if we get one for that room too!

Well I called to put in our room request for Jamaica 42 we figured far away from construction, and if one walking path was closed the other would be open so we could get over to room 3109 easier for package pickup... cause beyond FP, sending goodies to our room is the second favorite things for us when staying at a Disney resort :) Jamaica 42 is also close to building 43 that has a free style machine in it for my hubby... and if I remember right so is the market? can anyone confirm where the market is in the Jamaica buildings?

I thought there were at least 2 food trucks but I could be mistaken. I don't get the appeal of food trucks and could be wrong. Yesterday though there was a message left on our phone to check them out.

I haven't seen ice tea. I will look specifically a little harder, but I don't think so. The food tent trailer with the buffet has a similar set up as the beverage stations at the regular resort food court, but just not as big.

We are in building 5127 facing the parking lot. It is a good location; either that or Jamaica are best by far. Not really any construction noise so far. There is a huge semi trailer in the parking lot though, so I don't know if they have future plans or not. I would go out of my way to NOT stay in Martinique. It is surrounded by fencing as you have to around the whole area around the pool and Port Royale. The detours around it are around the Martinique buildings themselves. This weekend has been better during the week as far as general construction noise. The workers must have the weekend off.

Yes I saw that...I guess I am just directionally challenged. Even with the maps it is a little hard. For some reason I thought they would be by ALL the ice machines. Which makes it a little harder. I am still glad they have them.

I didn't realize about Trinidad North until after the fact. Trinidad North though is sufficiently far from us in Aruba though that we might have just gone to the Custom House anyway.

I mentioned in original post that they have the gift card in an envelope in the back. So I am pretty sure they are just at the Custom House. My parents are in the connecting room on the dining package. They never did receive the package paperwork (coupons etc). It was delivered into their room the second day. It is possible that they would get you the gift card by delivery...but I am the paranoid sort and wouldn't want to risk it getting lost in the shuffle.

Ok I am seeing people post on FB group pictures of rooms without the decorative bed runners or pillows? Is this normal?

I know in April when we stayed at the CR their decorative pillows were missing too from our room... this makes me very very :guilty:!

Ok I am seeing people post on FB group pictures of rooms without the decorative bed runners or pillows? Is this normal?

I know in April when we stayed at the CR their decorative pillows were missing too from our room... this makes me very very :guilty:!

It's going to be the new normal across all
WDW resorts. Guests were taking them home as souvenirs of their stay.

It's going to be the new normal across all
WDW resorts. Guests were taking them home as souvenirs of their stay.

Then it's time for WDW to update their marketing photos... tired of bate and switch, telling me I get this quality and really don't... like I said just this past April we stayed at CR too, a deluxe and they were gone then too!

PS then charge those guests an extra fee.... put notices out and when they go missing charge them.

They are more inclined to just remove the issue than accuse a guest of stealing. Don't agree, just letting you know WDW resorts management thinking.

And they're not actively removing them. But once they go missing they're not replacing. So if your room doesn't have them a previous guest took them.

Ok. I am late to the party! 330 pages late the I can't wade through right now, but I need to see if I have the basics. We booked CBR in August 2016 for a November 2017 stay. We received NO email about construction. THANK YOU FOR THIS FORUM, I saw about the gift cards. I called Disney, and was told we would receive A $75 gift card per night of our stay, which we had to go and request each night at Custom House beginning on our first night there. They also told me it MIGHT be possible for us to get two on the next to the last night of our stay rather than waiting until the night before we checked out to get the last one. Looks like it would be easier for us and Disney to just apply it to our account when we check in. I need advice from the folks on this forum whom I have learned from experience always know more than cast members. Should I insist on an email to support their promise of a $75 credit each night? From what I have seen on this forum, people appear to be getting them upon check-in, all at once. Or am I confused? (Probably!) Arm me, kind DIS board members, so I may go into the fray upon check in ready!

Just throwing this out there but we stayed in Trinidad North 3109 a few months ago and the room is a very convenient room. It's like a two minute walk to Centertown and a two minute walk to the bus stop. We booked standard and didn't know we were upgraded until we got home!

Ok. I am late to the party! 330 pages late the I can't wade through right now, but I need to see if I have the basics. We booked CBR in August 2016 for a November 2017 stay. We received NO email about construction. THANK YOU FOR THIS FORUM, I saw about the gift cards. I called Disney, and was told we would receive A $75 gift card per night of our stay, which we had to go and request each night at Custom House beginning on our first night there. They also told me it MIGHT be possible for us to get two on the next to the last night of our stay rather than waiting until the night before we checked out to get the last one. Looks like it would be easier for us and Disney to just apply it to our account when we check in. I need advice from the folks on this forum whom I have learned from experience always know more than cast members. Should I insist on an email to support their promise of a $75 credit each night? From what I have seen on this forum, people appear to be getting them upon check-in, all at once. Or am I confused? (Probably!) Arm me, kind DIS board members, so I may go into the fray upon check in ready!
You will receive ONE "Hard Hat Mickey" themed Disney Gift Card at Custom House with the ENTIRE amount on it when you check in.

Well I called to put in our room request for Jamaica 42 we figured far away from construction, and if one walking path was closed the other would be open so we could get over to room 3109 easier for package pickup... cause beyond FP, sending goodies to our room is the second favorite things for us when staying at a Disney resort :) Jamaica 42 is also close to building 43 that has a free style machine in it for my hubby... and if I remember right so is the market? can anyone confirm where the market is in the Jamaica buildings?
42 is an awesome selection!:)

Yes,the Jamaica Island Market and a freestyle machine are right "next door" in 43.

"MY" Jamaica Beach Hammock!:)
34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

Because I'd be shocked if there is no tea anywhere. Is it possible? Well, yes, anything is possible. But PP said they hadn't specifically sought it out so it is very possible they did overlook it. I am not sure I'd start a campaign to bring it back till it's determined it's gone
It could be in the FreeStyle machine

The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines by me have Fuse Iced Tea in the following flavors: sweet, unsweet, raspberry, lemon, peach, strawberry, and raspberry-peach.

42 is an awesome selection!:)

Yes,the Jamaica Island Market and a freestyle machine are right "next door" in 43.

"MY" Jamaica Beach Hammock!:)
34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

Ummm, excuse me but that's MY hammock. I'll let you use it while you are there though. LOL Seriously, I miss this setting right now. We are usually at the resort right now for our two week stay. Why did life get in the dang way?

Ummm, excuse me but that's MY hammock. I'll let you use it while you are there though. LOL Seriously, I miss this setting right now. We are usually at the resort right now for our two week stay. Why did life get in the dang way?

Oh my gosh, that hammock is yours(s)?!? [plural?] I thought it was mine! Anyway, you all can use it for now. It's already into the "too hot to handle" season for this northern boy. I'm more of a November through April kind of guy and besides, we're taking a break while all the construction (CBR and parks) gets done. @mickeystoontown, sorry about your missing out on WDW. Things certainly come up sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!